Dr. Seo‘s at your service

Soft Stories

Haechan

 

It was 5:30 when he was disrupted from his sleep by Taeyongs alarm screaming loud as hell, probably waking up half of the dorm. They had an early dance practice, much to his displease, because he had barely 5 hours of sleep, thanks to his nightnight radio show. 

 

Johnny groaned. He was still half asleep when he tried dragging himself out of the sweet warmth of his blanket, huffed as he sat on his bed, legs crossed, trying to keep his eyes open. By the time Johnny managed to get himself up and dressed, his roommate was already in the kitchen preparing breakfast for the members and coffee. And that was exactly what he needed: a big cup of this hot black and bitter life savior.

with half closed eyes, he stumbled his way to the kitchen, awaiting his good morning kiss in liquid form with a ‚g‘mornin‘ Yongs‘, earning a ‚can you make sure the others wake up‘ back.

 

Mhhh.. sure

 

They were always the firsts to wake up, Taeyong preparing breakfast while Johnny went from room to room, waking up every member as gentle as possible. 

It was like every morning. 

Except the sun didn’t want to rise this morning.

In other words, the sun wouldn’t shine today, because it was sick, buried in a blanket with fever and sweating.

When Johnny sat himself on the edge of Donghyuck‘s bed, he felt the youngers forehead, shocked about his high temperature. 

„Hyung... i don’t feel good“ the voice was hoarse and raspy, throat hurting.

„Oh buddy.. You’ll have to call in sick. I tell Taeyong. There’s no way you’re gonna practice today. I’ll be right back“ he whispered, his dongsaengs hair gently.

 

By the time Johnny returned, the younger was already asleep, only waking up when he felt hands on his temple.

As he slowly opened his eyes, he was greeted with his leaders gentle smile and soft voice.

„Oh my poor little sun, I made you some porridge. You should eat something and take some medicine, ok? Can you do that for me, Hyuckie?“

It took the sick boy a couple of seconds to process the words before he nodded slightly and sat up to take the bowl and started eating. 

„Good boy. Now, I’ll tell manager hyung that Johnny‘s gonna stay here to nurse you.“ He run his fingers through Donghyucks hair, as the younger chewed slowly on his food, and left the room. After he finished half of the porridge he stopped as he felt already exhausted, his eyes starting to feel heavy.

„Finished already?“

Nod.

„Okay, here’s your medicine, I know it probably tastes horrible, but you have to have to go through it.“

Another nod and shrudder, as he swallowed up the syrup. It tasted really nasty.

Johnny laughed at Donghyucks grimace and ruffled his hair: „Alright, sunshine, time for a hot bath and another nap, mh? Sleep‘s still the best medicine and your clothes are soaked with sweat.“

„Yes hyung, uh... can we.. sleep together? I don’t want to sleep alone“ the youngers voice was still raspy, eyes pleading, making the olders heart weak.

„Aaww of course. We can move to the living room, cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie until you fall asleep.“  It was a good plan.

Helping the younger up, they made their way to the bathroom, where everything was already prepared. 

After helping Donghyuck wash up, he left the bathroom and ran to his and Taeyongs room to get his blanket and pillow, ignoring the whines from the younger after his sudden disappearance, placing them on the couch to make it as comfortable as possible for the sick boy.

 

When he returned, Donghyuck was already dressed in his joggingpants and one of Johnnys sweatshirts. It was to big, but it was warm and ultra cozy.

He was instantly greeted with two arms being stretched, asking innocently to be carried. How could he say no? 

 

Whenever Donghyuck was sick, he was just quiet and still. Totally un-Donghyuck-like. It was hella cute.

Don’t get him wrong: Johnny adored Donghyuck. His bubbly and bright personality, the fact that he couldn’t keep still for more than five minutes and his nonstop craving for skinship. He loved him so much, even the fans referred to them as „father and his son“. But a quiet, pouty and cuddly Donghyuck was too adorable.

 

He could never say no to that.

He set one arm around the smaller and the other around the bend his knees, walking through the dorm. while the younger placed his arms around his neck.

 

They laid both on the couch, with Donghyuck cuddled up on Johnnys chest arms around the olders torso, covered in Johnnys thick blanket, watching Twilight as requested from the younger. 

„Thank you, hyung“ the words were muffled, as Donghyucks face was buried in the space between his neck and shoulder, but Johnny could still make them out.

„Anytime, sunshine.“ he said as he placed a kiss on the youngers forehead. Soon after the Donghyuck was already lulled to sleep by the olders warmth and soothing heartbeat. He liked cuddling with Johnny, it always made him feel safe and loved.

 

Johnny silently watched the movie, one arm under his head, the other around Donghyuck letting his fingers glide through the youngers hair. It was hot under the blanket. Way too hot for Johnny, but he would endure it as long as it helped his cute little sun to sleep peacefully.

 

After the half of the second movie (he couldn’t remember the title), Johnny dozed off, his one hand still in Donghyuck hair. 

 

He didn’t know for how long he slept when he woke up. Grabbing his phone from the rest to check the time, he assumed it must’ve been two or three hours, Donghyuck still sleeping deeply. Oh man, he literally looked like an angel.

 

Oh, and 135 new messages from their groupchat. 

Most of them from the Dream members, asking how their Hyuckie was feeling, if they could come around and bring him some sweets, ‘cuz cuddles and sweets would make him get better‘. 

The other messages were discussions about food: takeout or not, - yes - no - yes - chicken - no! - hotpot? - no! - chicken!

 

He‘s asleep now. 

No sweets, it’s the last thing he needs. You guys can come around when his fever has fallen, or you might pick up smth.

 

Leaving his phone back on the rest, he placed a kiss on the smallers hair crown before he untangled himself, carefully to not wake his sleeping sun and tiptoed his way to the kitchen to look for something to cook. Even if his cooking skills were by far not on the same level as Taeyongs, they still were good enough to make a decent soup, that for sure helped Hyuck to get better.

 

Humming to himself quietly, he started cooking while making sure to check on his little patient from time to time.

 

He took care of Haechan for the next days, staying behind until the latter felt better and was his fully annoyingly sunshine-like self, that he was so used to and loved so much.

 

He wouldn’t want to have it any other way.

 

 

 

Johnny: So... if I’m the dad who’s gonna be the mom? *wiggles with eyebrows*

Nctzen: Taeyong 

Johnny: ohoho Taeyo-

Nctzen: and Doyoung of course 

Johnny: wait-

Nctzen: and Taeil 

Johnny: 

Nctzen: Kun.

Johnny: ...

Johnny: uff *stressed*