Of Jellies and Cucumbers

Soft Stories

Chenle

 

Here‘s the thing.

Johnny loved cute things. He went crazy for cute.

Johnnys biggest weakness were s, for they were the cutest, especially the Dreamies.

And it was no secret that Johnny adored the members and would do everything to keep them happy and safe. 

 

-

 

So therefore it was so hard for him to say no to any of the member.

Especially to their youngest chinese member wanting to eat ‚just a teeny tiny bit more’ jellies after dinner.

 

„But hyung, pleeeaase? Just some more...“ the younger whined.

 

„Chenle you know you‘re not allowed to snack that late. Of you eat too much sugar now, you won‘t be able to sleep“, Johnny tried to stay firm.

 

And the younger knew it. It happened before that the two youngest sneakily ate too much sweets before going to bed, unable too sleep from having a sugar rush and being too sleepy the day after. So Taeyong set up some houserules, forbidding the youngest the sweets after dinner. 

A act of cruelty, if you asked the Dreamies.

And Johnny tried his hardest to play by them and maintain a stern face. He wouldn‘t give in.

 

Chenle pouted. Oh no.

 

Johnny inhaled sharply. No. He couldn‘t give in. He knew it would make Taeyong angry and an angry Taeyong wasn‘t something one would want to face.

 

„Please Hyung..“ his voice was just a whisper, desperate for some sweets. 

 

The older sighed. Screw it. If his cute little dolphin wanted some snacks, who was he to deny it? It was just a bit jelly, nothing tragical. Wouldn‘t hurt, would it?

 

„Okay... but just a few. Don’t eat too much. Don’t get caught and don‘t come to my room in the middle of the night, waking me up, because you can’t sleep.“, he said warningly.

 

Chenle beamed. He showed his cutest smile and giggled.

„I promise! Thank you, thank you, thank you~!“ he squealed and ninjad his way to the kitchen, trying his very best not to get caught by any member.

 

 

„You‘re so weak“

Johnny jumped in surprise when two thin armes sneaked their way from behind around his torso, flustering the taller.

Taeyong leaned his head on Johnnys back, holding on him.

 

„T-tae...I- Ehehe..“ 

„Just a little pout and he‘s got you wrapped around his little finger, hyung. He‘ll be up all night thanks to you.. You‘re going to regret it“ Taeyong continued nagging.

„Ahh Taeongie, don‘t be like that. Stop blaming me for his irresistable cuteness!“ He could feel his leaders glare from behind. 

He knew Johnny was too kindhearted, that he had an ultra soft spot for the members.

„You‘ll suffer. Remember my words.“ with that said, Taeyong let go of Johnny and went off to their shared room.

„Yeah..Ma..“ 

 

He faced the consequences for his kindness at around 1 am, when a small voice and constant poking on his arms disturbed his peaceful sleep.

„...ung...“

„Hyung“ 

„Hyung can I sleep in your bed?“

„...Please..“

He let out a groan, but shifted aside, making space for the younger to climb in his bed. 

„Why are you still awake, Lele?“, He asked while lifting the blanket to cover chenle, placing an arm around the younger, rubbing his back. His voice was still raspy from being awoken in the middle of his deep slumber. 

However The silence he was met with was answer enough. Tae was right. He was weak. And Chenle was wide awake. Great. He closed his eyes again

Chenle buried his face in Johnnys Chest, enjoying his warmth. 

„I couldn’t sleep, so I watched videos on YouTube. I watched some videos of hunygs’ performances and then I watched funny cat videos. There was a cat who ran into a glass door. It was so funny, even though I felt terrible for the cat. It must’ve hurt, though. And did you know cats are scared of cucumbers? They jump when you place it behind them. It was so funny seeing them jump that high..“ Chenle giggled quietly, trying not wake up his Taeyong hyung.

 

Johnny listened to the chinese endless babbling about the videos he watched and giggling, because he rememberd all the funny videos and thoughts he had while watching. 

 

„Hey hyung?“

„Mh? What is it Lele?“

„Do you think Doyoung hyung would jump in surprise if we placed a cucumber behind him? You know, because he hates them as well?“

„I don’t think it works on humans, Lele“

„Hmm maybe Ten hyung? He is somewhat.. catlike? But.. with bananas or strawberries, not cucumbers, because he is scared of fruits...“

„Taeyong would have us clean the whole dorm if Ten jumped too high and destroyed something...“

 

The younger giggled at the thought and snuggled further into Johnny, closing his eyes.

 

„Saranghae, Hyung“ he whispered into Johnnys chest and drifted off to dreamland.

Johnny opened his eyes and kissed Chenles forehead, whispering an almost inaudible „Saranghae Lele“.

 

He looked at his watch on his nightstand. 3:35 AM. They all had to wake up at 7. Great. He took a last glance at Chenle who was already deeply asleep, steadily breathing, his tiny fists grabbing a handful of Johnnys shirt. 

His little dolphin really was the cutest. With his adorable giggles and squeals. His little ball of sunshine. He loved the feeling of the members relying on him, cuddling up against him. He wouldn‘t trade such moments for anything in the world, even if it meant that he would get no sleep, or having weird dreams of cucumbers scaring off Doyoung.

He closed his eyes and let sleep take over when he heard a grumpy, fully awake Leader

 

„I told you so“