Chapter 5

Not so Romeo like the series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hey hooo, it's me again! I hope you enjoy reading!! Writing this really fun, so I hope it would be fun as well for you guys!

Don't forget to leave comments to keep me motivated <3

I mean only that what makes me feel appreciated :D

~``~


 

 

Amber is squinted down her eyes trying to adapt with the dim light in the room as she walks in. The room was ghost-quiet, except for the squeak of her sneakers walking across the room, eyes traveled looking for one girl until she spotted her sitting on the couch, having her soft-pale face enlightened only by the slightly opened window beside her.

 

Is she asleep? Is it a wrong decision coming to her cast room when she is having her recess?

 

The tall girl then walked her lanky feet slowly and sat beside her in silence. The slight move from the couch making the girl's face turned weakly towards her, that brown eyes smoldering in a wave of masked emotion, what's inside that impenetrated mind?. 

 

"trust me, jealous Krystal is the worst", that words surely ringing loudly in her ears.

 

"You awake?", Amber whispered in her raspy voice, the latter nodded

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Amber was looking very much stressed out, watching all casts gathered as she can hear the musicians were starting to get their instruments soundchecked. It is quite a hectic day for the crew as it is already the last day of the drama performance. Nonetheless, the crew's job isn't finished yet with the stage settings. There's a lot more work to do as there were so many properties destroyed and instruments broken accidentally in day one, needed to be fixed for the day two continuity.

 

The evaluation meeting held early in the morning wasn't going so smooth either, Yoseob clearly stated that he wasn't satisfied enough with the cast and crew's performance. He figured that maybe the casts were too tired that their performance couldn't exceed beyond his expectations nor for the crew. So in order for day two to be successful, he really asked for all the division's coordinators and directing team to be more cooperative over all the small important details, including the cast's priority. 

 

However, in spite of the fact that the casts being prioritized, Romeo hadn't been cooperative enough for the team. Instead, Jongin really annoyed the hell out of the assistant directors for trying to defy casts' rules by strolling around here and there in the backstage when it was time to rest. Henry even needed to yell at him for being so unaware of the situation. The two were even getting into a heated argument before Yoseob came in the frame as Amber separated the two with such a disappointment face.

 

What a day! she muttered

 

Amber looked at her watch, pretty sure that the gate will be open in five more hours. She was just done helping the art-set team to set the properties on the stage while waiting for all the cast gathers in, getting their respective swords and masks to get one of their run-through done before doing soundcheck. 

 

Hope everything will going smooth

 

 

 

“Amber sunbae”, Amber held her chest as she was startled.

 

“Yes?”, she turned her head aside before widened her eyes, “Ah, Ryujin!”, she patted the space beside her to invite the junior sitting on the stage floor next to her

 

The younger girl then sat eagerly, holding a glue in her hand, “Amber sunbae, why you holding that mask, I've been looking for it just now"

 

“You should rest, you’ve been working all night fixing the backdrop, didn’t you?”. That's true, Ryujin's panda eyes say it all

 

Unaware of the words whose intention was just to stop her from making herself even messier, the girl beside her clear and remain silent, covering her shy face with her shoulder-length hair. It was actually cute, if not because of the horrible eyes causing by her sleep-deprivation

 

“I’m fine, you’re the one who should rest”, Ryujin muttered lowly, begins to work on the broken mask although she can feel her body is so tired from all of the working the entire night. Amber watched her in pitty.

 

She's a girl after all, why didn't they give her time to rest? 

 

With that, her hands stopped her from fixing the mask, sticking her tongue out in mock.

 

Pretty sure all the crew in the backstage had been smirking to each other, witnessing the assistant director and the member from the art-set division sat down closely having their moment. Another love blossomed between the crew. 

 

Well, who didn’t notice that Ryujin has like the biggest crush towards the calmest, kindest and the most reserved senior in the drama community? Being a freshman surely made her getting teased a lot by the crew because of her innocence, growing attraction towards the girl who they consider is a single this whole time, which is partly true because Amber hasn't even made it official with Krystal.

 

"At least rest for a while, you'll be in charge of the stage property later tonight, am I right?", Ryujin nodded clumsily. That's actually what she needed now, someone to pay attention to her well-being, even for just once. The gesture made Amber smiled, "Let me fix the mask then", Amber took the mask from her again

 

As Amber busy forcing her to get rest, she can notice the backstage curtain was opened, revealing Krystal with her Juliette dress walking out of it. The female main cast then looking around, paused her little careful strides as she noticing the older girl.

It was unintentional for Amber in fact, but she held her gaze a moment before she turned her face away in timid.

 

No, don't be too obvious, Amber thought. Krystal smiled in amused before walking down the stage. 

 

 

 

Sigh, that witch with an angel face! I can still feel her kick down here!

 

“Sunbae,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter