And if his heart is still even intact

My Bestfriend's Boy Friend

 Few days ago… 

“Taehyung!—” Minseo called excitedly but the guy immediately turn his way to the opposite direction. “What with that?” She mumbled with a pout.

It’s been going on for a few days now and it’s so obvious to Jimin’s eyes that Taehyung is avoiding Minseo.

“Hey, Tae. What’s with that?” He asked the younger as soon as he caught up with him. “Did the two of you fight?”

“Nope.” He muttered. “I’m just busy, I need to be somewhere.”

“Yah. We don’t have anything until 4PM.” Jimin called with a pull to his arm, “Where are you going?”

“I don’t know… I just have to be somewhere.

“Tae… What’s happening?” Jimin called out in worry.

 

“Noona!” They hear Jungkook’s voice from afar.

Without wasting any second, Taehyung pulled Jimin’s arm towards the practice room.

“I’ll tell you, but not here. Let’s go.”


“Please tell me you know that’s stupid.” Jimin muttered in disbelief.

“It is. But I need to.”

“You can’t avoid her. Dude. You’re Minseo’s bestfriend. You’ve known her since you guys are kids. I’m sure Jungkook will look past that.” The older guy said, clearly not believing that the younger even thought of this.

“I know, Chim, but what if I can’t look past that?”

“Tae…”

“Chim, they’re not even official yet but I’ll be lying if I tell you that I’m not a little bit jealous. Hell, I’m so jealous I can’t even look straight to his eyes these days.”

Jimin was speechless for a while. For the first time, he didn’t know what to say.

“And it’s making me so damn guilty…” Taehyung exasperatedly said. “This is what I’m talking about… There’s a lot at stake here regardless of what I do. If I tell her or anyone about how I felt, I’m risking everything. The years of our friendship… Not just with Minseo but with Jungkook as well. I’m gonna ruin my relationship with both of them… I’m gonna hurt them and I can’t do that.”

“But now… it’s you who’s hurting.” Jimin said empathetically.

“That’s what eating me inside. Seriously, I don’t know what else to do.” Tae continued as he palm his face, frustrated about everything. “God, that look on Jungkook’s face that day when he saw the heat packs… It’s as if I betrayed him. What more if he knows I feel something about the girl he likes?” Then he faces Jimin. “Chim, I can’t be that friend to Minseo anymore. I can’t take care of her like how I used to without hurting Jungkook…”

 

“But… This all avoidance, don’t you think it’s also hurting Minseo?”

“Of course it is, I can see it in her eyes. But she’s still acting strong and trying to act normal around me. But she knows something’s up, she’s a smart girl. She’s gonna notice it.” He said with a bitter smile.

“Aish… Really. I’m so sorry… I don’t know what to say, Tae.” Jimin said as he pats the younger’s back.

“You don’t have to say anything to me, just be that friend and listen like you always do.” Tae replied with a strained smile.

That smile that Jimin really hates.


 Now - Cafe 

“Just get anything, Minseo. Yeontan won’t be able to eat it anyway.” He muttered grumpily.

“Yah. What are you saying? You’re gonna Tannie's feelings!” The girl replied, still undecided on what cake to choose from. “Luna! Can we get this cute little cake?” She asked the cashier in the café as she pointed the small pink heart cake.

“Sure, Minseo. Wait a second.”

They’re in the same café they always visit, it’s near BH’s office and it’s not crowded unlike other cafés. Besides, the staffs here practically know almost everyone working in BH, that includes Minseo.

“Do you want anything to drink?” Minseo asked.

“No. I told you, I need to go home asap.” He snappily replied.

“I’m not asking you, I’m asking Sejin-Oppa.” Minseo grinned as she turned to the older guy beside them. “Iced Americano, Sejin-Oppa?”

“Yes, that will be great. Thank you Minseo.” Sejin snickered. “And Taehyung got nothing on his schedule tonight. You two can hangout.”

“Hyung—” Tae whined like a kid.

Neh~ Thank you!” Minseo said and turn to the cashier. “Hi Luna, can we also have one Iced Americano and two strawberry shakes please?”

Of course, she knows my drink. She doesn’t really have to ask. Tae thought.

“Here’s the Iced-Americano, Minseo, Sejin-ssi.”

“Got it. I’ll just sit there for a second. Let me know if you kids are ready to go.” Sejin stated before walking to the corner of the staff.

“That guy just sold me out.” Taehyung muttered grumpily.

“Come! Let’s sit on our spot. Luna will bring our orders in a while.” Then she pulled Taehyung to the other corner of the café – which is almost hidden.

They still need to be careful regardless.

 

When they settled on their seats, Minseo immediately go straight to the topic.

“Talk. Why are you avoiding me?” She glared.

“I’m not avoiding—”

“Don’t even lie, Tae.” She snapped. “Is this about Jungkook?” Taehyung stilled hearing that. She really hits the bullseye.

Seeing him froze when she said that, Minseo couldn’t hold the warm in her eyes.

“Don’t you like me for Jungkook?” She asked sadly. “I know you can be protective, specially to those who are very important to you.” She sighed. “And we’ve talked about this before, I thought it’s okay… I mean, I will tell you everything, anyway… It’s just that you haven’t ask… actually we haven’t really talk that much lately. But tell me honestly, do you think I’m not good enough for Jungkook?”

“Minseo…” He called, but the girl is just staring at her fidgeting hands – a habit he’s so familiar with.

“You used to tell me before when you guys are still trainees that just in case I’ll have a crush or develop some sort of feelings for someone from your group. Since it might not be avoided… You asked me to think about it thoroughly when that time comes. That I should be responsible and mature about it…” She continued.

“That’s why I’m really thinking things through, Tae. Jungkook is a really good kid ever since I’ve met him. He was this shy kid who couldn’t even look into my eyes… But lately, I’m seeing him much more than that. I’m seeing him in a different light. Each day, I learn something new about him that makes my heart flutter. He’s so sweet and makes me feel really special. I’m afraid, I’m now seeing him as a man. In my eyes, he’s not that kid anymore.”

“Then that’s great, Minseo. Jungkook will be very happy—”

“Then why is it I feel like you’re not happy for me?” She asked somberly. “These days, I feel like I lost my best friend when I had Jungkook. Is it because you don’t think I’m good enough—"

“Minseo. Stop.” He called as he places a hand on hers. “I’m happy for you, for the both of you. You’ll be the best girl for Jungkook. You’re so much of what he could ask for.”

“Tae…”

“So, stop thinking so negatively…” He smiled. “If I we’re to be honest, I think that it’s Jungkook who doesn’t deserve someone like you. You’re perfect. You’re too perfect for him.”

“Does it mean you’re going to support our relationship if ever?”

And if his heart is still even intact.

Taehyung felt it finally broke.

“Of course.” He said with a small smile. “I’m your bestfriend after all.”




 Extras – High school pt. 2 

“Hey! Kim Taehyung! Seriously. I know you look good and you’re now an idol trainee, but can you not accept Haera’s confession?! Oh my god. That girl is crazy!”

“Yah, Lee Minseo. It’s so early in the morning and you’re at the top of your lungs again.”

“I know you don’t know how to reject confessions but if you keep doing this, you’re going to date everyone in this school!”

“Hey! That’s not true!”

“Well, just in case you don’t know. You being friendly with those girls who confessed their feelings for you is really leading them on.”

“I’m not leading them on! I’m just being friendly that’s it—”

“They’re going to misinterpret it! Just look at Haera! Oh my goodness, the girl is already bragging about you in my entire class! And why didn’t you even tell me that she confessed to you? You know she was that queen bee who bullied me the entire year we transfer here!”

“I didn’t tell you because I know you’re going to react this way—”

“Yah! Kim Taehyung! I’m you’re best friend! You’re supposed to tell me everything!”

“You’re not my mom! I’m not required to tell you everything—”

“Yes, you’re right. I’m not your mom, but I’m so gonna tell this to your mother, Kim Taehyung!”

“Hey hey hey! What happened to bros before hoes—”

“Can you stop using that phrase, you don’t even understand English!”

“C’mon, Seo. Don’t tell mom! She’s gonna rush here in Seoul to kick my !”

“That’s basically the plan—”

“Fine fine! I’m not gonna talk to Haera anymore! I’m not planning to date her anyway. Happy?”

“Good!”

“Sigh. What’s gonna happen to my high school life if you keep ing me every single time?”

“Yah! You did the same thing when I dated Yunho—”

“Don’t even remind me of that prick.”

“See?”

“If we’re both like this, I won’t be surprised we’re not gonna have any lovelife this high school.”

“Good point…

 

 

 

 

 

But I still don’t like, Haera.”