Their Personal Copy Cat

COPY CAT: A story of one Hair Boy

Kyuhyun thought he had only one obsession:  computer games, in particularly Starcraft.

Then, he doubted it.

He just recognized another obsession that actually was there for such a long time. 

HAIR. Well, a certain someone’s hair, to be precise.

From the very first time he laid his eyes on Seohyun, he always had this strange syndrome that some psychology professor would labelled as a “Hair ”.

 

 

Then they were paired for SM Town 2010-2011. Being so closed to her during practise and rehearsal gave him advantages in term of catching the smell of her fragrance and sweat aroma.

So he tried to find the opportunity to her hair and pat her hair and to feel the smoothness of her hair strands between the gap of his fingers.

And because she seemed to be more comfortable with him since the Seoul MV, he found it easy to and pat her head every time they met.

He thought she did not aware of his bold actions. Until a one small-tiny-bitty mistake he had during the duet in Shanghai.

He was lulled by her angelic presence and forgot about every things around him. His eyes were so captivated by her beautiful locks and he loose his mind when he unconsciously pat her head in public eyes. They spent the rest of day in painful teasing glance their band mates thrown at them.



But out of all the event involving her hair, it was always a wonder for him that she always had a perfect hair. Didn’t she have any bad hair day at all?

She even tried a new hair colour. Diverted from her black one.

Or curled that shiny hair, make it wavy sometimes. It only made her more glamorous and sparkled in the middle of the crowd.

And all these different variety type of hair always fit her well.  Then his obsession about her hair became bigger and bigger.

But it was her hair style in the Seoul Music Awards 2010 - coincidentally happened at his birthday- that changed his life. Or to be exact, his hair.

Because when he walked to the restroom, he saw her went out from the waiting room with a very cute poodle hair. It knocked him out.  He wondered when she became that cute and squish able.

Immediately he caught her hair dresser noona and asked her if she could do the poodle hair for him too. He knew that she threw him a weird looks, but he did not care. He just wanted to have a same style as hers in his special day.

He could not stop smiling and felt giddy when he saw his reflection at the mirror that night.

That day, he found out that it was really an excitement of having a part of him that resemblance her.

And that was the starting point for his new habit: Copy cat - ing Joohyunnie's hair color.


***

“Wow, Kyu-Oppa changed his hair colour. Again. It was light brown now.”

“Huh? Didn’t he just change his hair colour a few days ago? Why he changed it again now?”

“Really? Wow, that’s weird. I thought that he is not into hair colour changed thingy.”

“Let me peek on him.”
Pause. ‘’Hey, I think I have seen that colour on someone hair. Hmmmmm...., Aish! That’s  Seohyunnie’s!.”

“Are you sure? Let me look at him again.
” Pause. “Oh My God... You’re right. It has this greenish thing, exactly like Hyunnie!.”

“To think of it, don’t you think that he always copycat her hair?  Remember those SMTOWN stages?. I always found it cute that they were always had same hair colour. Our Hyunnie rarely changed her hair colour but Kyu-Oppa did it often. But every time Hyunnie had new hair colour, it seems that Kyu-Oppa always changed his to be similar like hers on the  next day.”

“Wow, that’s fishy! And that’s not even Hae-Oppa. Kekekekeke."

“Girl, focus! Do you think what I think?”

“Hmmm. Yeah.  Let’s ask Hyunnie, maybe she aware on something.”


***

But no, being always innocent, Seohyun did not even notice those copy-cat acts. 

However, after her unnies confronted her about this suspicious-hair--thingy, she started to observe. And yeah, they were right. She shockingly admitted.

Now she needed to know why. And since she would not be able to make this do-called Evil-Oppa to  make confession on normal day, she needed to ‘trap’ him.

So when she saw his new reddish hair, she immediately changed her hair back to her originally dark black hair, and then waited.

“BINGO”!

She got him under her trap when he changed his hair the next day too. To a familiar dark black colour.

****

“Nice colour Oppa”

Kyuhyun startled. “Hmm, yeah. “

“Why did you change it again? You just become reddish for a month or so.’’


He coughed. ‘’Red was not really my colour.”

“And black is?’’

‘’Well, it looks good on me, right?’’

‘’It looks good on me too. Do you aware that I also just dyed my hair, Oppa?”


He chuckled. “Yeah, looks good on you, as always.”

She shoved her hair so it flowing softly and watched his eyes moved instantly to her hair.

“Do you know what is the colour, Oppa?”

He blushed. He realised he was been trapped. Who said she is an angel and he is the devil. Who has been wittier now?

“Hyunnie, I am sorry. Yeah. I copy cat your hair colour.’’

She raised her eyebrows, ‘’Wae?’’

He closed his eyes, tried to pull all of his confidence.

“Because I could not stop thinking about your hair. I dyed the same so I felt that it was yours that I see.”

He peeked at her and saw that she was blushing now.

“Pinkie swear, I would not do that again if you don’t want me too.”

He promised her but in his heart he knew he would be feeling like a lost child if she said he could not do that again.

But then she smiled. ‘’No worries, Oppa. Don’t stop. I like it actually.’’

And when the Devil Maknae speechless, the Angel Maknae took a step closer and kissed his cheek.

I give you my permission to be my hair copy-cat.’’

And she flew. Literally.

He touched his cheek where she had kissed and smiled too.

*****

A few days later. On a phone conversation between Seoul and Tokyo.

“Joohyun-ah, did you never have a bad hair day?”

“Huh? Of course I do, Oppa.”


“Really? I never saw it.”

“Aish... Of course you do! I’m just a normal human Oppa. Of course I have some bad hair moments.”

Pause.

“But you are a goddess, of course you don’t have those.”

A chuckle.

“Aisshh... Aniyo Oppa...  don’t tease me!”

An evil laugh.

Somebody blushed.

‘’Hmm, have you ever had a bad hair day Oppa?”

“Yes I have.  Many times.”

“Really? And then what do you do Oppa,  if you have a bad hair day?”


Pause.

 “Mmm.. Maybe I will cover it, with a beanie maybe.”

A chuckle.

“A beanie?? Really, Oppa?  Do you think I could wear that if I have a bad hair day?”

Somebody dreamily smiled.

“Aniyo.. You will not.  You don’t have such thing named a bad hair day.”

*Mehrong*

“But if I do?"

A chuckle again.

I will give you permission to be my beanie copy cat.’

A soft laugh.

“Thanks. Will do. Just watch.”

So when her unnies looked at her like she just gone crazy, and the netizen whined because she looked odd with beanie.

She still wore that stupid beanie with her usual classy airport fashion style. 

Because that what she promised her Oppa when she had a bad hair day.

And just like the Hair Colour thingy, this beanie is just another of their little secrets.

 


Bonus: 100203 Kyuhyun dance GEE at SEOUL MUSIC AWARD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBSdyRKexUQ&feature=related

 

Seoul Music Awards 2010 - Seohyun#Kyuhyun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYVeppoOTZ0&feature=related