“Oppa... you still love me right?”

Don't Let Go

 

3 months later

“Daddy! No! That’s not how you do it!” Suri exclaimed loudly, horrified with the way she looked.

“Well, I’m sorry! I don’t know how you put this stuff!” SeungHo stated wiping his daughter’s cheeks for the umpteenth time.

“You know what daddy, now is an indication that you should have a girlfriend.” Suri said as she combed her hair.

“Well, I don’t have one so tough luck.” SeungHo replied.

“Daddy! Who’s gonna help me with this makeup? The show starts in an hour!” Suri cried out desperately.

“Uhh, do you have to wear makeup?”

“Of course I do! I want to look pretty!”

“Should I call Mrs. Thomas over? Maybe she can help you...” SeungHo suggested.

Suri turned to look at her father, her face one of extreme incredulity. “Daddy, she’s 70. And I’m pretty sure she’s a guy.”

“What? Huh... Then, what do you think we should do?”

Suri pondered over her daddy’s question before a smile lit up her face, her brilliant idea finally coming to  plan. “Let’s call Miss Kim! She can come over and help me with the makeup! And then she can come with us to watch my ballet performance!”

Immediately, SeungHo shook his head. “Let’s not. Let me try again with the makeup.”

“NO!” Suri quickly refused, pushing her father’s hands as far away from her face as possible. “Daddy, please just call her. I don’t want to be the only girl at the performance without makeup...”

SeungHo sighed, knowing full well that he should give in to his daughter’s plea. If he could have it his way, he wouldn’t call her at all. He hasn’t seen her in ages. What was he supposed to say when he called her? Hi? How are you? That wasn’t right. He had promised her his answer 3 months ago and it was now long overdue... He missed her terribly, but he didn't know if it was right for him to show it...

“Daddy please...” Suri pleaded, her puppy-eyed look in full effect.

“Alright alright, I’ll call her... Just hold on a second.” SeungHo finally gave in. He made his way out of his daughter’s room and straight downstairs towards the kitchen. He took a deep breath before dialling her number. His palms were starting to sweat and he was nervous as hell...

The phone rang for quite some time, the tone as loud as his erratically beating heart before her voice snapped him back to reality.

“Hello?” She said from the other line. SeungHo smiled a bittersweet smile. Usually, she would scream down the phone whenever he called. Now, she didn't even know he was calling...

He cleared his throat before speaking. “Err... Haena?”

The silence that ensued from both ends enhanced the volume of their breathing. He thought it lasted for quite some time before she finally spoke again. “SeungHo oppa?”

“Err yeah... Erm, can you come over right now and help Suri get ready? She has a ballet performance today and I... don’t know how to put makeup for her...”

She didn't mean to laugh, but she laughed anyway. The tinkling sound of her laugh warmed his heart and a smile crept onto his face, his sweaty palms and nervousness gone. This was what he missed the most... besides her lips of course. The vision of her standing on his doorstep in her pyjamas 3 months ago had never left him and he craved for her every single night. He didn't know why he never gave her his answer... Was he afraid?

“I’ll be right over.” She said before hanging up.

Haena smiled as she made her way over to his house. She didn't expect that call... at all. She thought when he didn't give her an answer a few days after that night, he had lost faith in her completely... that he was never able to trust in her again. She had mourned of course, avoiding him whenever he came to pick Suri up and doing her best to hide from him whenever possible. Who would’ve thought that she’d go over to his house right now?

She didn't get a chance to knock on the door when it flew open and Suri dragged her inside and upstairs into her room. “Miss Kim! Finally! Quick, help me! I have to be at the performance hall in 10 minutes!”

“Ok, ok... slow down Suri!” Haena said with a shake of her head.

“I can’t Miss Kim! Look what daddy did to me!” Suri cried as she pointed at her face.

“It doesn’t look that bad...” Haena said with a smile, surprised that SeungHo didn't really do such a bad job with the makeup. She applied some more lipstick and blush onto her little girl’s face before stepping back to admire her beauty.

Suri suddenly giggled. “Actually, you’re right. I just said it’s bad so he’d call you over.”

“What?” Haena said surprised.

“Sweetheart, is she here yet?” SeungHo said, entering Suri’s room in just a towel after taking a shower.

Haena spun on her heels and gulped. He was half ... and he was wet. Haena her suddenly dry lips, her cheeks feeling warm.

“Yes, she’s here daddy.” Suri said from her seat, enjoying the embarrassed look on her teacher’s face.

“Oh... err...” SeungHo said awkwardly from the doorway. If he was completely honest with himself,  he quite enjoyed the expression on her face and thought that maybe he should stay longer, before Suri’s voice caught his attention.

“Daddy! Please go and get dressed. We have to go soon...” Suri said, her voice full of glee. She knew there was something going on between the two of them, she just didn't know what it is... just yet.

“Right.” SeungHo said, nodding his head before exiting the room.

Once she was sure he was out of sight, Haena let go of the breath she didn't know she was holding. Had he always looked that... good topless? She shook her head vigorously, trying to come to her senses before turning to look at Suri.

“Ok, I’m done.” Suri announced, checking her reflection one last time. “Do you want to come with us Miss Kim?”

“To watch your performance?” Haena asked, hopeful. “Really? You think your daddy will let me come along?”

“Don’t know.” Suri shrugged, a mischievous smile on her face. “Why don’t you ask him while I wait outside?”

Haena paced the living room, wondering if she really should go. She ought to right? Her daughter was performing! There was so much she didn't know about her... Since when did she do ballet? She wanted to go... but would SeungHo let her?

“Where’s Suri?” She heard him ask suddenly from beside her.

She looked up from the carpet and was once again awe-struck by how y he looked. Yes, he was just wearing a black shirt and a pair of jeans, but it was more than enough to set the butterflies in her tummy on frenzy. She needed to breathe and fast, but she didn't want to tear her eyes away from him...

“She uhh... she’s waiting outside.” Haena replied, her nerves getting the best of her.

“Right.” SeungHo nodded his head. They stood facing each other for quite some time before SeungHo cleared his throat. “So, erm... I’d better get going.”

He walked past her and would’ve made it to the door if she didn't grab hold of his hand and subsequently stopped him in his tracks.

“Oppa...” She breathed quietly. It was an impulse that she grabbed onto him. She wanted to be with him... alone... but how?

“Haena... don’t.” He said just as quietly. With her alone, he couldn’t get his thoughts straight and he didn't like that one bit... her sweet scent was overpowering his senses and if she didn't leave soon, he might just kiss her senseless...

“Oppa... you still love me right?”

“Haena...”

“Oppa, if you still love me, you would meet me tonight at school in my classroom...”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea...”

“Oppa please. Just think it through. You don’t have to give me an answer right now... Just... please. Come tonight...” Haena pleaded desperately. She didn't know what else to do. She thought she had given him an ultimatum... She knew he still loves her and so she held on to that glimmer of hope that he would come tonight... He just had to...

“We should get going.” SeungHo said after a sigh. They were running late and if he didn't leave soon, his daughter wouldn’t have the chance to perform.

“I can go?” Haena asked timidly.

SeungHo shrugged. “Why not? I’m sure she invited you already. Besides, you are her mother after all...”


 

Chapter posted on: May. 15. 2012

Hey people, I'm back! So sorry for this extremely late update! I just finished my exams but now i'm free so hopefully i'll be able to finish the story. don't worry! I will finish it! Hahahaha... I hope this chapter is satisfactory enough!!!! Please enjoy! And thanks to everyone who commented! Keep them coming ok? =D