Chapter one

O Alquimista

              The warm, summer breeze hits Jongin's glowing skin as he sits in the passenger seat of his best friend’s car, Sehun. Both listening to alternative rock as if they were in a indie film, they both sit in silence in a vacant parking lot near Sehun’s job, waiting for 4 o’clock to hit. Sehun suddenly starts to scramble around his vehicle’s console box, “kk, where’s the last cigarette at?” Jongin straightens his back to help look for the cigarette box, he glances over to the backseat and spotted the box, he reaches over with his long arms and looks at Sehun who was still frantically looking for his cigarettes, “Here” Jongin throws the box at Sehun’s lap “I don’t understand how you could finish a whole pack of cigarettes in one day..” Sehun scoffs in disbelief, “You should already know that this is the only thing that helps me with my anxiety before work, plus I bought this pack three days ago” He says as he lights the last cigarette. Jongin gazes over to his phone and sighs as he shoves it back into his pocket, he quickly grabs the mirror that Sehun had in his car and ruffles his hair to perfection and straightens his long black button up shirt into his new black pants, “It’s almost 4, how do I look?” Jongin faces Sehun for approval, he scans Jongin up and down and shrugs, “You look alright for your first day, just relax whoever is training you today will guide you better than I would” he chuckles under his breath “Whatever, let’s go you wouldn’t want to be late for your first training” he unlocks the door to his car and throws his cigarette on the floor, “Besides, it’s a Wednesday night, no one really comes here to drink other than rich lousy business guys who flirt with other rich annoying, flirty woman” Jongin looks at Sehun nervously at that statement ‘flirty woman’, Jongin has never been able to successfully flirt with someone without resulting an embarrassing move from him, Sehun pats his back to calm him down, “You’re handsome Jongin, they’ll tip you ing good even if you mess up their frozen Mojito drinks” he gives Jongin a reassuring smile and they both walk into their Bartending job, The Alchemist.

​​​

“Sehun why are you so early all of a sudden buddy? Didn’t sleep with one of your customers this time” Chanyeol shouts from across the restaurant, Chanyeol starts walking towards Sehun and Jongin with his freakishly long and very lean legs, Sehun punches Chanyeol in the arm which causes him to yelp in pain, “Dude, you can’t just say that out loud, Siwon can hear you ” he looks around to see if anybody else heard Chanyeol and then punches him lightly once more, “Calm down, the trainers are in the back getting ready, the rest are scrubbing the tables and Siwon got his shift covered by Heechul” he rubs his arm which is still in pain, “Anyways, I’m Chanyeol, you must be the irresistibly hot new guy that Sehun happens to be friends with” forming a kind flashing grin he extends his arm towards Jongin, he sheepishly accepts his hands shake “Hi.. I didn’t think Sehun would talk about me” he palms his neck and leaves it resting there, “So you must be here for your training, correct?” a very bashing well collected man approaches them, Jongin turns around, he nods “Yes sir, my name is Kim Jongin” he extends his arm, the older inspects the younger then slaps his hand away and gives him a side hug “No need to be formal with me Jongin, I’m the cool and the prettiest manager Heechul” he says proudly, causing both Sehun and Chanyeol to snicker from behind, Heechul glares at them “Ok ok ok, I’m going to need you two es to wipe down every liquor bottle AND glasses, SPOTLESS before we open, so hurry!” they both roll their eyes before mouthing a good luck to Jongin. “Anyways, before I was rudely interrupted” Heechul says as he glances at the two boys playing rock paper scissors to see who would get to wipe down, “We should get you started with your training, our restaurant doesn’t open until 6 pm, so we have time to go over a lot of stuff” Heechul signals Jongin to follow him to the back side of the restaurant where he met a lovely younger lady, “Jongin, meet Jung Chaeyeon, Chaeyeon meet Kim Jongin!” they both bowed to each other “The both of you guys are starting training today in two different areas, so you guys will meet two of our trainers for that specific area in a moment, so have a seat, and if you have any questions about your scheduling, let me know before clocking out okay?” Heechul throws out a peace sign before leaving both Jongin and Chaeyeon waiting, “What did you apply for Jongin?” Chaeyeon faces towards him giving him a lovely smile, “Bartender…you?” “Hostess!” she says gleefully, “I’m not very experienced working at restaurants so I wanted to start somewhere easy especially in this kind of place” she says nervously, Jongin was already anxious about his first day so hearing her say that made him more nervous “What did you mean by that” fidgeting with his fingers, “Well, you should already know that this restaurant is very popular among rich and famous people” she gives Jongin a puzzled look “I mean there’s nothing to worry about though, my boyfriend works here as a waiter and he said that it’ll get better” Chaeyeon tries to say to calm Jongin down.

 

 

The trainers finally showed up, both Jongin and Chaeyeon got up from their seats and bowed to them, the two trainers looked pleased, they walked around Jongin and Chaeyeon and inspected their uniforms and appearance, Jongin became dumbstruck the moment he laid eyes on one of the trainers, he was short and adorable looking, his enthusiastic look on his face made Jongin very speechless, as the shorter man kept inspecting Jongin’s uniform he made his way to face him, the older looked up into Jongin’s brown eyes and flashed him with his winning smile, Jongin looked down at the shorter male and froze upon seeing his heart shaped smile and big brown eyes, “Here’s your name tag” the shorter said avidly “Oh thank you..” both the trainers walked backwards to face the two trainees, “Welcome guys! Today we are your trainers, and we are very eager to show our new employees how awesome it is to work here” the other shorter trainer said “My name is Xiumin and I’ll be the Host trainer” “And my name is Kyungsoo, I’m the bar service trainer!” and in that moment, Jongin felt like throwing up because that meant the person training him was the one he thought was cute.