Chapter 5

Catching Back Your Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay let me summarize whatever you have been telling me so far,” Key pinched the bridge of his nose. “You are childhood friend of a total hottie and you stupidly ignored him for a week, and within that period he eloped with a super gorgeous looking man and he got a mental sickness because his family was insane.”

Minho was feeling both amused and irritated at the same time. He was just done telling Key about whatever happened in the past, including the details about how Jinki (Key’s eye candy) was Taemin’s cousin. He hadn’t intended to tell Key at first, but the said male walked passed the café where Jinki brought (and left) Minho to, completely taken aback at the sight of puffy-eyed Minho. Before the taller male could register, Key had taken him into his super pinkish yet stylish apartment near the dorm.

 

He scoffed at Key. “You at summarizing. How did you get A for ALL your languages for your high school graduation certificate?”

“I’m a diva. I deserve no less than A.”

“Says the man who flunked his Chemistry.”

“Shut up, at least I score well in other subjects.” Key pouted. “Anyway, back to Taemin. Is this why you pretended that you didn’t know him when I was describing to you about how y–“

“–Good-looking, mouth-watering and perfect his legs were?” Minho rolled his eyes. “Yes, Key, but it was him who pretended not to know me first.”

Key seemed to be considering something for a while because he did not retort. Minho observed the raven quietly, wondering what was going on in the diva’s head.

 

“You need to like, sort things out with him, dude.” Key stirred his strawberry milkshake (which he made for both Minho and him, but the former refused to drink it because he hated sweet stuff). “I mean, okay, you can plan for a big, fantastic confession for him. But I think as a start you should talk to him and tell him that you don’t hate him.”

Minho gulped. “Yeah… I was planning on doing that. It’s not that easy though.”

“Oh believe me it is.” Key slurped. “You just need to have the courage to do it.”

“Yeah… I guess.”

 

Silence followed then. For two full minutes, Key and Minho were quiet, somewhat enjoying each other’s company without saying anything. Key finished the last bit of his milkshake before sighing.

“Just make sure I don’t find you sitting alone in a café looking pathetically miserable ever again, okay? It’s weird seeing you bawling your eyes out like a girl.”

“It’s weird that you are being all friendly and nice, but dramatic at the same time. Oh wait… You ARE the drama queen. Okay.” Minho grinned awkwardly.

“Remind me why am I friends with you again.”

“Because I’m flaming charisma Choi.”

“Right. And I’m almighty Key.”

“Sure sure.”

 

Key got up and took his empty cup, strolling to his kitchen. “Say, are you free this weekend?”

“Hmm… The last time I checked, I have nothing on.”

“Okay. Great.” Key laughed. “You are invited to Key’s fabulous birthday party. Please be honored.”

“Right.”

“Come on, you need to show more enthusiasm than that.” Key groaned. “By the way, the theme is masquerade and please have Taemin as your partner or I’m not letting you in the party.”

“I’ll pass then.”

“But it’s your best friend’s birthday!”

“...”

“Plus you owe me a favor since I lent you my pretty ears just now, okay!” Key insisted. “So you better turn up for my party with Taemin or I’ll skin you alive using a spatula. Yes, it’s possible, Minho, stop giving me those glare with your pair of big eyes because your charisma never burns me. If anything it makes me feel like smacking you.”

 

Minho could only give in. After all no one messes with Key and when Key wants something, he gets it.

“Fine.” Minho replied. He was suddenly hit by an awesome idea. “I’ll ask Jinki hyung along too.”

“What– No!” Key started to blush.

 

“Why? I thought you have a crush on him… I mean, it’s easy to impress someone during a party, with you all dressed up and looking good.”

“No, I mean…” Key’s cheeks started to get redder. “I… I want to sort of… Invite him personally… You know.”

Minho chortled. “Okay, you win. Have it your way. Good luck, Almighty.”

 

“Get out of my apartment!”

 

 

-=-=-=-=-

 

 

Jinki unlocked his dorm unit door to find a sulking Taemin curling up on the couch.

“Hey Tae… What’s up?”

“Nothing.” The younger replied grumpily. “There’s absolutely nothing wrong with not being able to attend class when you teach in it.”

Jinki chuckled. “Come on, you were unwell, ok. I have my reasons to tell you not to come for class.”

“Whatever.”

“Stop sulking already. You look ugly like that.” Jinki sat next to him. “Besides, there’ll always be another seminar for Mr. Kang to attend. I’m sure when that happens, I’ll have to relief your class again.”

 

Taemin scooted over and sat on Jinki’s lap, burying his head on Jinki’s neck. He loved cuddling with Jinki. Taemin never had a brother in his life and Jinki was a brother figure for him after past 2 years of hardship together. Of course, to Taemin, Minho was important as well, but not in a brotherly way (more than that).

Jinki softly ran his fingers on Taemin’s smooth auburn hair. The dorm was silent, both boys simply sat there listening to each other’s breathing.

 

“If you ever found someone you love one day, hyung…” Taemin mumbled. “… Don’t forget about me, okay?”

“What brought on this?” Jinki raised his eyebrow. “And of course I won’t forget about you.”

“I was just thinking when you were out just now.” Taemin toyed with Jinki’s collar. “I don’t think I can live without you. Not that I love you that way, though.”

Jinki laughed heartily. “So am I supposed to feel happy or relieved?”

“How about both?”

“Okay.”

Taemin closed his eyes, listening to Jinki’s heartbeat as the older male’s chest shook from his laughter. In this world, no one is as warm as Jinki. Except for Minho, of course, but that was a different story.

 

“Taeminnie?”

“Hm?”

“… You know, there’s a student named Minho in your class.” Jinki prompted. He felt the teen tensed in his embrace.

“… What about him?”

“… He’s interesting.” Jinki commented, tightening his hold on Taemin.

Taemin shifted so abruptly Jinki wondered if the former was a ninja.

“Hyung, you cannot fall for Minho, okay!” Taemin said earnestly as he held both Jinki’s shoulders. “Anyone else but Minho!”

“My… Do you know Minho?” Jinki smiled inwardly.

Taemin never told Jinki about Minho. Everything Jinki knew about Taemin and Minho’s past was found out through the recording Jinki received from Dr. Kim, and Taemin did not have any clue about Jinki knowing about all of those.

 

“He – um – it’s just –“ Taemin furrowed his eyebrows, desperate to come up with an excuse. “He’s very weird hyung! His eyes look like frogs’! And he’s really quiet; you will definitely feel uncomfortable going out with him! And you know how your sangtae works… It’ll make things awkward between the both of you, and it’s not good… He’s a soccer maniac too and he’ll ditch you any time for soccer! He’s too tall for you! He is not good for you, hyung, I am sure–“

“Taemin.” Jinki cut Taemin’s rambles; he was trying to suppress his fit of laughter. Taemin was so obvious and cute the older felt like pinching his cheeks. “I never said I love him, okay. Calm down.”

Taemin flushed, not daring to meet Jinki’s eyes.

 

“You seem to be really in love with Minho or something.” Jinki teased.

Taemin stiffened at Jinki’s words and his blush was soon replaced by a gloomy expression.

“No, hyung.” Taemin murmured. “I am not allowed to love him.”

“Why?”

“…”

 

Taemin leaned forward, burying his head on Jinki’s shoulder again. Jinki waited for a long time for Taemin’s reply but soon Taemin’s breathing evened out, and Jinki knew he wouldn’t be getting his answer.

 

 

-=-=-=-=-

 

 

“Please, please, please.” Key said under his breaths. He wasn’t used to feeling nervous, but this was an exception. He fastened his pace; each step he took brought him closer to the music room. He could feel his goose bumps already… What if Jinki turn him down?

As he turned around the corner of the corridor, he heard the familiar tune playing and knew for sure that Jinki was in the music room. Key stopped outside the door, inhaling deep breaths, trying to calm himself down.

 

“Kibum, is that you?” Jinki called from inside the music room, startling the already nervous boy.                                                                                                     

“Y-Yes.” Key squeaked.

 

The door swung open, revealing a neatly dressed Jinki. The older male smiled warmly at the sight of the nervous diva. “Why didn’t you come in?”

“Um. It’s rude to interrupt?” Key chuckled nervously.

“Why are you so nervous?” Jinki laughed. “And by the way, sorry I left without saying goodbye to you the other day. It was something urgent.”

“That’s fine… Um, J-Jinki-ssi?”

“Hmm?”

“Wouldyouliketocometomybirthdaypartythisweekend?”

“Pardon?”

“W-Would you…” Key stared down the floor, not daring to meet Jinki’s eyes. “Would you come to my birthday party? This weekend.”

Jinki thought that Key was being extremely adorable at this moment. He ruffled the raven’s hair with affection as he replied, “Sure, why not.”

 

Key’s face brightened – lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter