Chapter 3

Catching Back Your Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key stretched himself, feeling his muscles contracting and aching slightly from dancing for three hours straight. He felt really good, being able to vent out his stress from the piling assignments and channeling them into his passion – dancing.

“Great job as always, Almighty!” Nicole chortled. “Wanna join us to grab dinner?”

“Nah, I’ll pass. Submission tomorrow and I can’t afford a hangover.” Key grabbed his towel. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Don’t get wasted.”

Nicole waved at Key before exiting the dance studio with Jinwoon, Jaejin and five other friends. Key sat down at the corner of the room, taking a short rest before heading home.

 

All of a sudden, a beautiful melody was heard. Key looked around and realized that the melody must have come from the music room next door. Taking his bag and his towel, Key got up on his feet and shuffled outside, towards the source of the song.

The music room’s door was slightly ajar when Key arrived there. He didn’t want to interrupt the play, so he stood there watching the pianist. The man was wearing a neat white shirt tucked into his working pants. His body seemed well toned despite being covered by his clothing. His hair brownish, not too long for Key’s liking and even from his back view Key finds this person beautiful.

 

“Like what you see?”

Key blushed as the man stopped playing and turned around, staring at Key curiously. Key felt his breath hitched as he saw the man’s face – especially his eyes. The man was indeed beautiful.

 

Jinki broke into a smile. “Hello there.”

“H-Hello.” Key bowed slightly. “I’m sorry for intruding… I’ll be going now–“

 

“No, no, that’s okay.” Jinki grinned. “Are you a student here?”

“Yes. Kim Kibum, sophomore.” Key returned the smile. “And… You are?”

“Lee Jinki…” Jinki stood up and approached Kibum, his hand extended. “Lecturer.”

Key gaped at the older man. “You are older than me?”

“By a few years, I guess?” Jinki chuckled, emphasizing a gesture on his hand. Key coughed and reached forward, shaking his arm.

 

Key’s heart tingled at the simplest touch from Jinki. The raven gulped for a bit… Did he just fall in love? But this is so dramatic and Key had never believed in love at a first sight before. They stood in silence, simply looking at each other, and both didn’t know why but the moment seemed right. They were startled when someone barged in all of the sudden.

 

“Mr. Lee?” The lady addressed. “Y-Your roommate is at the school infirmary. I was told to get you there and–“

Jinki’s smile disappeared in a flash and before Key could say anything, Jinki had already bolted out of the room without saying goodbye.

 

Feeling a pang of disappointment, Key let out a deep breath. He ignored the uncomfortable feeling and decided to call Nicole to join his friends after all.

 

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

 

“He’s okay, his body is probably going to be sore tomorrow but he’s not badly hurt.” The school’s psychiatrist informed Minho. “He’s asleep now.”

Minho sighed in relief as he sat next to the bed. Taemin’s eyes were closed, the side of his lip no longer bled, the wound drying up, covered in antiseptic. He brushed Taemin’s fringe with affection, feeling bothered by the image of Taemin crying and apologizing to him just now.

 

There’s nothing to apologize for… What happened to you, Taemin-ah?

 

Minho was still wearing his soccer attire. It was rather uncomfortable wearing a dirty jersey covered in mud, but he could not bear to leave Taemin’s side.

Taemin frowned in his sleep, making Minho unconsciously frown along.Soon his breaths became ragged and he was groaning and panting, as if he was in pain.

“Taemin-ah?” Minho scooted forward. “Hey…”

Taemin was crying now. He was squirming, muttering incoherent things while Minho watched helplessly. Reflexively, He took Taemin and made the younger boy sit on his lap, both his arms wrapped around Taemin’s waist while Taemin’s head rested on his shoulder.

Even in his sleep, Taemin was gripping onto Minho’s shirt tightly. He was shuddering – Minho held him tighter, hoping to stop the shaking but to no avail.
 

“J-Jinki… J-Jinki hyung…” Taemin gasped. “Jinki hyung…”

 

It was as if something stabbed Minho’s heart repeatedly. Taemin was calling someone’s name… Who’s Jinki? Was he the guy Taemin visited the other day? Minho suppressed his feelings and pecked Taemin’s temple softly, praying and wishing more than anything for Taemin to calm down and wake up because this was scaring the out of him.

 

The gesture, however, had awoken Taemin.

 

“Jinki…” Taemin stirred. “… Jinki hyung?”

 

Throb.

 

“Taemin?” Minho called. “Are you feeling okay?”

 

Taemin’s face looked innocent like that – his dazed, half-awake expression. Minho had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter