Chapter 1

Sunlight Over Rainy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 year later, summer season.

 

The alarm clock was ringing, it was 3:00 AM. Byul set it off, and got up with caution to not wake up Whee In, who was sleeping by her side. Since she wife died, she has been sleeping with her daughter. Before leaving, she saw her daughter blanket were off, she tucked her in and gave a little kiss in her forehead.

 

Then she dressed herself, got her bicycle and pedaling slowly went out in the darkness of dawn.

 

Byul E worked in a private pool gym as a janitor. She had to go there early in the morning to clean up the pool and all the place. Then she would go back home, make breakfast and take her daughter to school before going back to work. Her routine was dull and pretty much the same in that 1 year since her wife died. Her only joy in life was she daughter, and that’s why she keep working hard.

 

Whee In woke up early and since her mom wasn’t by her side, she got up and went to her mommy room and got herself inside her wardrobe, and laid down there while sniffing her mommy clothes and went back to sleep.

 

It was 6:00AM and Byul was cooking their breakfast. She was struggling to make some scrambled eggs and soybean paste stew. She wasn’t a good cooker, but Whee In insisted that it was at least edible when her mom almost cried while apologizing for not being able to make good food for her.

 

The alarm clock started ringing again, it was 6:30 AM. Time to wake up Whee In to get herself ready and eat before going to school.


“Whee In-ah, it’s time to get up~” Byul shouted from the kitchen.

 

“Wake up! It’s time to go to school.” She shouted again, but didn’t get any reply.

 

She turned off the stove and went to Whee In’s room to wake her up.

 

“Our puppy!” She said while opening the door.

 

Her daughter wasn’t there, so she knew where she would be and then after turning off the alarm, she went to her bedroom and saw her daughter sleeping again in the wardrobe.

 

“Puppy, let’s have breakfast. Wake up!” Byul said while shaking her daughter who got up immediately.

 

While Moon Byul set the table, Whee In was watching morning news on the TV. Then the weather woman started to say about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter