Chapter Three

The Blindfold Game

“Hello everyone! It's MinBae here, and today I have some special guests with me!” Seungmin beamed as his friends smiled sheepishly behind him, “Allow me to introduce my friends, Daeyeol, Sungyoon, Joochan, Bomin, Jibeom, Jaehyun, Donghyun, Jangjun, Jaeseok, and you all already know Youngtaek.”

 

The boys all shouted their greetings over each other, the words just coming out as a loud mess in the end. Seungmin shook his head in amusement.

 

“So one of my absolute favorite Youtubers, LovelyJoo, has nominated me to play the Blindfold Game!” Seungmin exclaimed happily, “Today that is what me and friends are doing so let's get started!”

 

“Quickly, because grandpa Daeyeol needs to get to bed early.” Sungyoon giggled as Daeyeol playfully pushed him.

 

The boys assembled in a circle and Seungmin placed the sheet that had the poem written on onto the coffee table in the middle of the circle.

 

“Blindfold me!” Seungmin laughed as Youngtaek whipped out the cloth in his best matador fashion and then proceeded to place it over Seungmin's eyes, tying it at the back securely.

 

With Seungmin now blindfolded, the boys started to recite the poem:

 

“With a cloth over my eyes

My world is darkness, not a crack of light

If I find you, I will keep you

And you will stay in darkness with me

For all eternity.”

 

Several of the boys felt goosebumps arise on their arms as they recited the poem. Jangjun was right; the poem felt a bit creepy, and seemed unnecessary for the game. Neverthless, Seungmin smiled and clapped his hands together.

 

“Okay, everyone scatter around! Let's see who I catch first!” 

 

The boys all rushed around the lounge, finding a variety of places to hide and stay out of Seungmin's reach. Seungmin stumbled around the room, dragging his fingers across every surface as a strategy to find his friends. The boys giggled silently and threw pillows around to complicate Seungmin's thoughts. Seungmin found himself hobbling into the hallyway, much to his friends' amusement.

 

Seungmin ran his hand alongside the walls, trying to navigate his way around the house. He bumped into a tall figure and grinned to himself when he heard someone groan in annoyance.

 

“Ugh, you got me...” He heard Bomin say.

 

“I got Bomin!” Seungmin shouted happily and jumped around in excitement, despite the fact that he couldn't see anything.

 

“But I'm over here!” He heard Bomin's voice call from a distance away.

 

Seungmin pulled off his blindfold and frowned when he realised he was standing at the end of the hallway... alone.

 

Seungmin stormed over to the lounge and pouted at his friends who were all coming out of their respective hiding spots.

 

"You guys are real cheaters!" Seungmin folded his arms and switched his camera off, irritation evident on his face.

 

“Cheaters? We didn't cheat.” Jaeseok frowned in confusion.

 

“Of course you did!” Seungmin huffed out a frustrated sigh, “You made Bomin wait in the hallway for me to find him and then he ran back here to pretend like I didn't find him at all.”

 

“Min...” Bomin placed a hand on Seungmin's shoulder, “I promise you, I was in the lounge the entire time.”

 

“Yeah Min, nobody left the lounge except you.” Donghyun reassured him with a nod.

 

“Maybe you just imagined it all.” Youngtaek said softly, sending a comforting look towards Seungmin.

 

“Maybe...” Seungmin's voice trailed off as his eyes drifted upwards to look down the empty hallway, “but it felt so real.”

 

“Maybe we should just stop playing, you can just tell LovelyJoo you didn't want to do it.” Daeyeol suggested, getting up from his seat.

 

“No, no way! Getting noticed by LovelyJoo is so good for my channel! I have to do this...” Seungmin grabbed his camera and switched it on again.

 

“Come on Seungmin, you just had a really weird and a little scary experience, I don't think this game is a good idea.” Youngtaek tried to take the camera away from Seungmin, but Seungmin kept a tight grip.

 

“Just one more round, please.” Seungmin suggested with a warm, “someone else can be blindfolded this time.”