don't think i would just forget about it.

paper hearts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

29 May 2019

The sky is gloomy that day with the sun being hidden behind big, grey clouds that are slowly coming together. Sojung thinks it perfectly describes her mood as she takes a sip of her warm, bitter coffee she had ordered. She doesn’t have a specific plan that afternoon. She just wanted to be away from home, away from the envelope that is placed right in the middle of the coffee table in her living room. Sojung knows she could have just chucked it aside but she couldn’t find the strength. She could have torn it to pieces too but she feels it won’t be right for her to do so.

 

Sojung really finds herself absolutely pathetic. She wanted to put all the blame on Yerin to make herself feel better, to make it seem that none of this was her fault but Yerin’s. However, Sojung knows that it is far from the truth. Her best friend is innocent. She isn't in the wrong. Yerin was just fulfilling a friend’s request and Sojung still has yet to find out why Eunbi decided to show up in front of her after five years when she finally thinks the younger girl wants nothing involved with her again.

 

‘Does she want me to suffer or something?’ she thinks to herself, only to let out an exasperated sigh when she fails to come up with other plausible reasons.

 

“Sojung?”

 

The said girl instantly looks up upon hearing name being called.

 

“... Do I know you?” Sojung furrows her brow, feeling slightly ashamed on the inside that she couldn’t seem to recognise the female standing in front of her.

 

“Ah…”

 

Sojung feels guilty for not being able to remember her when she notices a hint of disappointment pooling in the other’s eyes. “I—I’m sorry,” she quickly apologises. “I didn’t mean to forget but it’s just that it’s been years since I’ve kept in contact with anyone but Yerin so I don’t really remember—”

 

“Yewon,” the female introduces herself with a small smile. “Kim Yewon. Does that name ring a bell to you somehow?”

 

Sojung frowns. She really doesn't recall meeting someone by the name of Kim Yewon.

 

“I’m guessing it doesn’t then,” Yewon laughs lightly— to ease the awkwardness, Sojung knows. “I’m sorry for taking your time. I better get going now.”

 

“But it's going to rain soon. I don't think you should—”

 

“I have an umbrella so that's not a problem,” Yewon flashes another smile, a reassuring one this time. “I’d like to apologise once again for taking up your time.”

 

‘Weird,’ Sojung thinks as she watches the girl leave the cafe. She’s absolutely sure she has never met a Kim Yewon in her life before.

 

--

 

Sojung manages to get home before the rain starts to pour. Taking off her coat, she throws it carelessly on the sofa before making her way to where the thermostat is to increase the temperature. Hearing the rain pattering against her window from outside, Sojung exhales a long sigh and heads to the kitchen to get herself water. The taste of bitter coffee is still strong and she wants to wash it away.

 

“Do you think I still have a chance to get Eunbi back?”

 

“You’re drunk, Sojung.”

 

“That Mingyu guy won’t return until one week later.”

 

“Sojung.”

 

“I’m getting Eunbi back.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter