memories are playing in my dull mind.

paper hearts.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28 May 2019

Sojung wonders how long more she can continue holding on before she starts to lose her mind. Why did she even agree on accompanying Eunbi for her dress fitting session? ‘Why do I keep digging my own grave?’ she thinks to herself as she sneaks a glance at Eunbi who had dozed off in the passenger seat beside her. ‘I should have told her I would be busy.’

 

Being able to see the younger girl in person after not seeing her for years was something Sojung had not expected at all. The wedding invitation comes second. She could not help but wonder why Eunbi decided it was a good idea to send one to her. Is it to rub it in her face that she had made a wrong choice in letting her go? Is it to tell her that her future is going the way she has planned? Or did Eunbi use the invitation as an excuse to see her again? Either way, Sojung is slowly breaking on the inside whatever the reason is. She hates how she still has a soft spot for Eunbi. She hates how pathetic she is that she is still unable to move on after five years. It was her choice to end things between them. She should have moved on the moment they stopped seeing each other. So, why is she finding herself falling for Eunbi again? Sojung can only snort at how ironic her life is at the moment.

 

Seeing how Eunbi is still in a slumber, Sojung does not have the heart to wake the younger girl up. Eunbi is still the same sleepyhead she knew. The younger girl looks extremely peaceful in her sleep that Sojung can’t help but to stare at her, admiring the beauty she hasn’t seen for a long time. Her soft looking cheeks, her plump lips, her fair complexion. Sojung is trying her best to remember all the small details of Eunbi all over again.

 

‘You’ve grown to be such a beautiful lady,’ Sojung thinks to herself and smiles bitterly. ‘I should wake her up now.’

 

Turning the engine of her car off, Sojung unbuckles her seatbelt before bringing her hand up to lightly shake Eunbi awake.

 

“Give me five more minutes…” she hears the latter whine weakly and swats her hand away.

 

“We’ve arrived at our destination though,” Sojung announces in a soft voice. Seeing Eunbi slowly stirring up from her sleep, Sojung returns to her position, her eyes looking anywhere but at the former.

 

“I—I’m sorry for falling asleep,” Eunbi mutters an apology.

 

“It’s fine,” Sojung assures her with a small smile. “Are you ready to try on the dresses now?”

 

Saying those words is hurting her more than it should have. Sojung hopes this will be the last time Eunbi asks her to accompany her for anything related to her wedding preparation.

 

--

 

It has been two and a half hours since they entered the store. Every single dress Eunbi had tried out so far fits her well. Sojung could barely keep her jaws close every time the younger girl leaves the changing room with a new dress on. She envies the fact that it isn’t her that Eunbi is going to get married to but she knows perfectly she does not have the right to feel so when everything that leads to this moment happened because of the actions she has made in the past. Mingyu deserves Eunbi so much more now. Sojung couldn’t help but think if things would be different if she had realised her mistake years ago.

 

“Sojung?”

 

Eunbi’s voice instantly brings her out of her thoughts. Looking up from her fingers she has been mindlessly staring at, Sojung feels as if all oxygen has been taken away from her when her eyes meet with Eunbi who has her eighth dress on. ‘This is the one,’ she thinks without a doubt. The dress is the most perfect one out of all the others. The way it accentuates her curves nicely, the way her shoulders are exposed. Sojung thinks Eunbi looks like a real princess in that dress.

 

“Sojung,” Eunbi calls out to her again, voice slightly louder than the first time. “What do you think of this dress?”

 

The said girl feels heat rushing up her cheeks upon noticing that all eyes are on her and that she has been caught staring at Eunbi for too long. She does not fail to notice that the younger girl too has a light blush on her cheeks. Though, Sojung brushes it off a few seconds after, thinking that she was just imagining it.

 

“I’m sorry,” she apologises, tone albeit embarrassed. “The dress fits you perfectly, Eunbi. Out of all so far, I really like this one the most. I’m very sure your soon-to-be husband will love this dress as much as I do. You look stunning. Like a real life princess.”

 

Sojung wishes she had not said so much.

 

However, when she notices how Eunbi’s soft cheeks suddenly turn into a darker shade of pink and that it really wasn’t a fragment of her imagination that she saw her blushing, she starts to wonder why. Eunbi had never blushed whenever she complimented her in the past. Sojung usually got teased for doing so instead. She finds it extremely weird how the once bold Eunbi who dared to look at her straight in the eyes after receiving a compliment from her is suddenly avoiding eye contact with her.

 

“Should I just go with this dress then?” Eunbi asks as she toys with the frills of her dress.

 

Sojung has never said yes immediately in her life before.



 

 

13 April 2013

“You look pretty today.”

 

A small frown formed on Sojung’s lips when she heard Eunbi laughing at her compliment. Was what she said funny? She was sure she was being really genuine with her words. She was trying her best to be open with Eunbi who kept calling her a living, breathing robot. She wanted to show the younger girl she was a perfectly normal human being with feelings too.

 

“What's with the sudden compliment? Are you finally admitting you have fallen for my irresistible charm?” Eunbi placed her pen down to cup both her cheeks with a cheeky grin on her lips.

 

Sojung’s heart leapt yet again. Eunbi was being too adorable. Leaning forward slightly, she cushioned her chin on her palm and stared straight into the younger girl’s eyes, not wanting to lose in the sudden staring contest of who would look away first. “I’ve always find you pretty since the first time I met you.”

 

“Am I prettier than the other students you’ve tutored?” Sojung noticed that curiosity was pooling in Eunbi’s orbs.

 

“You are,” Sojung truthfully answered, her heart skipping another beat upon seeing Eunbi’s eyes lit up. Realising that the atmosphere around them was starting to change and Sojung did not want to be stuck in an awkward situation, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter