Epilogue: Loving Me

Tutors And Teachers

Yoongi was tired, worn out, and beat.

His four kids were currently running him through the ground, and not in a good way.

Haru and Haneul were fighting over the tv remote, Eui was crying because she couldn't find her stuffed whale, and Hei was seated at the bar flipping through a magazine, still managing to somehow look pissed.

"Daddy, I can't find Yangtze!" Eui cried, looking everywhere even under the couch.

"Haru won't let me choose a channel!" Haneul cried from the couch.

"Haneul is hogging the tv!" Haru whined, still trying to tug the remote away from Haneul.

"When is mom coming home? Shes been up at the asylum for nearly a month." Hei asked, still looking and sounding pissed.

"I don't know when she's coming back!" He finally snapped, taking a deep breath afterwards.

"Haru, Haneul, why don't you just put in Moana? Eui, I bet you left Yangtze in my room." His tone was much gentler, and he just felt so useless ever since Jae left.

He missed Jae, he missed his Li Li, and his daughters obviously missed their mom.

"Reinforcements!" Jungkook shouted from the foyer, a child giggling right after.

"We brought snacks, my Disney movies collection, and also JiKook." Jimin laughed a little at the end, realizing how cheesy it was to name his son after him and Jungkook.

"Kill me." Hei said as she started up towards her room.

"We also brought along... Jisoo."

Hei stopped dead in her tracks, coming right back down the stairs.

"Where is he?" Her eyes were wide and her hands were shaking a little.

"Outside with his dads, now come take one of the bags so you at least look useful." Jungkook said grunting as JiKook clung to his leg.

"Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you." Yoongi said as he helped them in, knowing full well that this would be the only way he got anything done for work.

Taehyung and Hoseok came inside shortly after Yoongi got everything, except the kids which were left under Jungkook and Jimin's watch, settled.

"Hey, care to help minion sitting while I try to finish my work?"

"Sure. Jisoo decided he wanted to come today." Jisoo waved before walking off, towards the living room.

"Okay, I swear all he talks about is Hei, get them together already!" Hoseok said once Jisoo and Taehyung were out of earshot.

"No can do. Jimin and Tao would both have my head for it."

And as if on cue Tao came running through the front door, arms opened wide to hug his nieces.

"Tao! Tao!" Every single one of them ambushed him in a hug.

It was one of the rare occasions he could visit them, and they were thankful. Especially since mom wasn't there to make snide jokes in Chinese with them.

"Have they been feeding you well?" He asked, poking each of their stomachs.

"We're fine. We miss Ma Ma." Haru and Haneul said in unison.

"And where is Ma Ma?" He asked, looking at their sad faces.

"At the asylum. Nearly for a month!" Haru cried out as she said it, and Tao felt horrible.

"I'm sure Ma Ma is coming back soon. I have to go talk to Ba Ba."

The girls nodded before fleeing back into the living room, the intro to Moana playing loudly over the speakers.

"What's this I hear about Li being at the asylum?"

"I didn't want her to go, but she had to. I don't know when she's coming back either, and the girls are all getting worried." Yoongi said dejectedly as he sat down at the dining room table, which he was currently using as a desk.

"How much longer do you think you can hold out?" Tao asked, stretching his back out.

"I don't know, maybe another week? I've got to Incheon next week for a business meeting, and I can't find a baby sitter. Namjoon and Jin are still in LA, Tae and Hoseok are taking Jisoo and Hei to Jeju for their school field trip. That leaves the three littlest, and Jimin and Jungkook are still getting JiKook situated, adopting is a very long and painful process, ask Tae." Yoongi rested his head against the table, near the point of tears.

"I feel useless without Jae telling me what to do. I'm like a chicken with their head cut off."

"She'll come back soon, I'm sure." Tao reassured, or at least tried to.

"No! No! HARU!!!"

Within two seconds flat Yoongi was in the living room, wondering what the hell happened to his daughter.

"What happened!?" He asked frantically as Haru was held protectively in Jimin's arms.

"She and Haneul got into a dispute about who was Moana, and she tripped and hit her head on the table."

"Oh my God..."

"Oh, shes fine. Tired and missing Jae, but she's fine. She did however manage to break that porcelain bird, the pink one." Jimin said pointing to where Taehyung was picking up the pieces of bird.

"That was Jae's favorite." Yoongi sighed, wanting desperately for Jae to be home so he could cuddle with her.

"I'll go get the super glue." Tao said before disappearing back into the other room, Tae following behind shortly after.

"Haru, baby..." Yoongi scooped her up in his arms, hoping she wasn't too hurt, or upset.

If she cried too much her asthma would trigger, then he'd probably have to get her inhaler, hope it worked, then if it didn't it meant that there they go, a trip to the ER.

"Fixed." Taehyung said as he and Tao re-entered the room, a shoddily put back together pink bird securely in Taehyung's hand.

"He glued it. Not me." Tao said pointing at Tae.

Eventually everyone was back to being calm, even Yoongi settled down in the living room to watch Moana, Haru and Haneul securely tucked under each arm.

"I'm Home!"

Within a second flat Yoongi was up and at the front door, squeezing Jae as tight as he could.

"Don't leave me here alone with them ever again." He said as he left little kisses all over her neck.

"As long as no one died, I think we're okay, Yoongs."

"Now where are my babies?!" She smiled widely as she snuck into the living room, scaring all of the kids before they tackled her into a hug, even Tao.

"We missed you Ma Ma." They cooed, Tao smiling.

"C'mere and give Ge Ge a hug."

She hadn't realized how much she missed the family until she was back, basking in their presence.

"C'mon guys, give her room to breathe. You too, Tao." Jimin said as he patted the kids on the back, poking Tao's shoulder.

"I'm still your Ge Ge too. Or, 'hyung' according to you Koreans." Tao smiled and hugged his two siblings tightly.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here for your arrival, the asylum got snowed in. I was trying to get home, but none of the trains were working, had to wait for the storm to clear out."

"You're here now." Yoongi cooed as he hugged her from behind, his head perched on her shoulder.

"Yes. I'm here now."

"We missed you."

"I missed y'all too... what the hell is that?"

Everyone froze as Jae walked up to the cabinet that the tv was perched in.

She picked up a deformed pile of pink porcelain.

"Was this the anniversary bird from Mrs. Jang?" She looked so sad, it broke Yoongi's heart.

And if Jae found out that their kids had done it, she'd probably break their necks.

"It was my fault." Tae said softly from the couch, knowing better than to immediately say it was the kids.

"I tried gluing it back together."

She just sighed and sat it back down on the cabinet.

"Is my office still intact?" She asked Yoongi, a small furrow of her brows present.

"Yes."

"Good."

She smiled and then slumped down on the couch.

"Home at last."

"Mom!"

Jae just sighed, semi ignoring the screaming kids, and scrambling men around her.

She loved her family.

But she just got back from a nearly one month shift at the asylum, and she needed the rest.