Curious Cat Pt. 2

Ideas are never Irrelevant (collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy’s POV

In the car

 

“Wen, why are so nervous? It’s not like you’re really going to confess to unnie”

She’s right, why am I even nervous in the first place? It’s not like it’s the first time that I’ll see Joohyun unnie at a party. And besides, I’m not going to reveal myself. At least not yet. And yes, I’m planning on telling her that I’m the legendary creep that’s been bothering her.

“Just focus on the road, Wen. Stop thinking too much” Seulgi said while fixing her bangs in front of her pocket mirror. She sure did put some effort on her appearance this time around. She’s wearing her signature leather jacket with her skin-tight jeans. Her hair is down but she had them curled at the bottom. She’s even wearing her ‘for special occasion-only’ perfume.

“Between the two of us Seul, it feels like you’re the one who’s been thinking too much”

“What do you mean?” The genuinely confused bear asked.

“What’s with the get up?” I smirked as I saw her blush to what I have said.

“What’s wrong with what I am wearing?”

“It’s just Sunmi unnie, Seul. You don’t need to impress her. She wouldn’t even mind if you go to her party dressed up in your soccer uniform” The two of us are really helpless when it comes to these types of things. We are both clueless on how to act and behave around the people we like or to be more specific, we don’t know how to act in front of the people we are not supposed to like.

“You’re dressed up too, yet you didn’t hear me complain about it” She said while pouting.

“Hey, this is my usual get up and you know that”

“Yeah right Wen. A bomber jacket with matching leather jeans and Doc Martens shoes. Yep, that’s what you usually wear Wen. And your also wearing make-up which you usually have while in school.” She sarcastically said while smirking.

I decided to just ignore her teasing and just focused on driving because knowing her, she wouldn’t stop until she proves her point. And besides, she’ll definitely win our little argument because she’s right. We’re the same and all. The two of us are in the same boat. We are both helplessly and stupidly in love with our straight friends.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

As soon as we arrived, Seulgi run out of the car saying “I’ll greet Sunmi unnie first Wen! Let’s meet each other inside.” Really, that bear is so impulsive at times. I parked my car in front of Sunmi unnie’s house and as soon as I got out of the car, I felt someone hugging me from behind. My heart started to beat so fast thinking of the possibilities that the person hugging me might be Joohyun unnie. But as soon as I smelled the strong perfume of the one hugging me, I knew that its not unnie.

“Wendy, fancy seeing you here” I know that voice. I removed the person’s arms around me and turned around to confirm my suspicion.

“Taeyeon unnie” When I said her name, she immediately fired a smile at me and hooked her right arm around my left arm.

“Let’s get inside?” I nodded at her and walked with her arm hooked with mine.  

If ever you are wondering, who Taeyeon unnie is, she is my sunbae at the theaters club. She’s 3 years older than me and she’s in her senior year this academic year. She’s really popular at our university. She sings, dances and acts well. Aside from that, she’s really kind and smart too. She’s top in her class and is very approachable and helpful. With those talents, combined with her amazing looks and amazing personality, who wouldn’t be popular right?

I felt Taeyeon unnie tugged my arm making me look at her.

“How’s the play going? The script I mean?”

“It’s great sunbae. Yoona sunbae-nim and Sooyoung sunbae-nim have been hard on our baby scriptwriter but it helped her grow though. Chaeyeon have created a better script this time around. And using that script, I’m pretty sure that we’ll impress the whole school sunbae!” I saw her eyes sparkled with excitement and joy when I said those things. I bet she’s really proud of her juniors right now and it’s really great making her proud.

“You kids have really grown ey? I’ve only been gone for 3 weeks and you’re already proving me that I wouldn’t have to worry leaving the theater behind when I graduate” Since she’s going to graduate soon, unnie decided to leave the club for a while to study for the finals.

“Of course, you wouldn’t have to worry unnie, just focus on your finals first then come back to the club and finish what you’ve started” I smiled at her and removed her arm while gesturing her to go inside already since we’re already at the entrance. But instead of entering alone, she decided to drag me along with her.

“You don’t have to be wary of the others Wendy. We’re friends, its normal to be seen together. My feelings for you shouldn’t affect our friendship.” Yep, Taeyeon unnie, the oh-so-perfect Taeyeon unnie, confessed that she likes me. She told me her feelings before she left the club. And to say that it shook my world is an understatement. Because, for some reason, Taeyeon unnie’s little confession spread throughout the campus. Making my peaceful first year in college chaotic. Some called it cute but most of the students hated the fact that ‘their’ Taeyeon unnie confessed to a freshman like me.

“Your ‘fans’ wouldn’t like it when they see us together unnie” I raised both of my hands, quoting the word fans in the air.

“They don’t own me Wendy. And besides, you don’t feel the same way anyway. It would to be rejected as a friend too after being rejected as a lover don’t you think?”

“Unnie, what are you saying? We’re fri-“ Before I could even finish what I was saying, she cut me off.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter