CHAPTER ONE - THE JOKES ON ME

Fall In Love With YOU ?!

For Seulgi, it’s quite surprising how Soojung didn’t resign yet. Because all she heard after getting 3 months is complain from about her boss “That ing jongin.. This jongin..”  Seulgi can’t really tell is this destiny or what Soojung got Jongin as her boss.

Today, Seulgi has to come home alone, because her best friend is currently busy working on Blanc and Eclare newest product launch. They need a campaign, and Jongin team got the work. Seulgi just wish Soojung didn’t come home with banging door, complaining a lot, again. Because soojung really like this brand, and how she wished Soojung didn’t come home mad. It’s not that Seulgi tired hearing that, but Soojung sometimes can get really scary.

“Seulgi-ya?” she heard someone calls her name from SUV.

“Oh, annyeong Sehun sunbae” she smiled.

“Hop in, it’s getting darker” Sehun said.

“Ah deh”

Unlike Soojung, Seulgi somehow got nicer and handsome..? Creative director. Oh Sehun must be look so cold and vampire alike, but he’s such a kind hearted boy when they outside work. The fun fact, Oh Sehun is her sunbae at Uni, and he admit that Seulgi and Soojung got call from this company is because of his recommendation.

“Where is your friend?”

“Working on Blanc and Eclare” she shrugged her shoulder

“It’s quiet amusing for me though, Jongin sometimes is hard nut to crack and people kept saying that Jongin is pain in the , but she survive though” he chuckled.

“its quiet amusing me too sunbae” she laugh “She kept complaining like every night because Jongin sunbae like this and that”

“Why doesn’t she resign ?”

“Its quiet hard finding another job though” Seulgi said.  “One night,  she said she wished when will got switched to another team”

“She will never” Sehun laugh.

“What ? Why would she ?”

“Jongin is kind of like her. She works really fast, and you know Jongin is famously effective right? So he really like that Soojung fast work style and he one day said, it’s really fun teasing and made Soojung mad” Sehun shake his head.

“Jeongmalyo ?”

“Deh, I could tell, Jongin really like her even when the first time he saw her portfolio”

“Daebak” Seulgi mumble “Let’s just hope we could see they made a peace” Seulgi giggle.

“Yes, let’s hope so”

***

“Is it done yet?” Jongin asks.

“Yes, one more layout though, let’s give them more alternative” Soojung said and not tearing a gaze from her screen.

Jongin watch his wrist watch and look at the girl face, its almost 2 in the morning and they still in office working for tomorrow pitching with Blanc and Eclare. It’s been pain in the brand for him, because he was never a fan for woman product, more specifically perfume. But he learns that Soojung really loved this brand and the fact she wore their perfume is made his work somehow easier.

“Don’t you felt sleepy?” Jongin asks

“No” she answered.

“O..kaay” Jongin answer again. “Let me take you home today, there’s no bus anymore at this hour” Jongin said.

“It’s okay, i can take a cab” Soojung said and saved her final artwork “Look here, what you think”

Jongin just shook his head, of course he would take this stubborn girl home. “I like the two from left, the message get clearer” Jongin said “Move” he commands and look more close to her screen, make Soojung face so much close to Jongin. She swear she could even count Jongin pore, and saw that beautiful eyes. She, somehow felt close... felt familiar...

“What?” Jongin ask.

Soojung felt her cheeks heathens STUPID GURL CAUGHT STARING AT HER BOSS,  she shouts. “Aniya” she said try hard not to shutter.

“Pabo” he said. “Alright, let’s see what they say tomorrow neh ?” Jongin said.

“Alright” Soojung said and close her MacBook.

She hurriedly packs her bag after texting Seulgi she will go home now. No way she get in the car with him. No way!

“Let’s go” Jongin said.

“Deh” She nodded.

When they step in elevator, Jongin notice that her face become pale, is this because she’s so tired ?  Or she hasn’t eaten yet ? “Why?” he asked.

“What?”

“Your face pale” he said.

“Oh” She tapped her face “Its noth..” she can’t continue because the lift suddenly died and the lamp went off. They stuck.

“What the ?” Jongin said “Somebody!” he press the bell button and scream, this place getting suffocated, yet... so silent.. He turns around and saw Soojung sitting on the corner with her super pale face, mumbling something and her eyes getting rounder. She looked so fragile. “Are you okay?” he asked and holds her shoulder “Jung Soojung...?”

“no.. i...it’s.... i... it’s okay... haaa... o..okay” she said shuttering

“Soojung-ah” Jongin said and held her cheeks “Yah” he tap her cheeks and saw her face rounded in scared.

“I. its...h..h...h...o...kk..aay” she nodded like crazy people.

“Yes, of course it’s okay” he said and hug her.

Soojung eyes suddenly getting teary, how can she felt safer in his arm, getting held like this, and his hand rubbing her back in comforting manner like she never felt before. Soojung having a terrible phobia in such a small place ever since she locked on a room in fire when she’s 5. That’s why she so pale when they entered the elevator, well she always scared of elevator, that’s why she fancy stair. Whenever they entered the elevator for work, Seulgi always talk to her and always like make a jokes to made her forgot the phobia.

“So..Scared...” Soojung mumble

Jongin heart clench when saw her fore perspired and her hand held his shirt so tight, like so tight until her knuckles turn white, like jongin gonna disappear if she let go.

“I’m here, hey, ssh, it’s okay” Jongin said and held her hand who held his shirt tight. “It’s okay” he wiped that sweat and placed his lips on her fore “its okay, I’m here, everything going to be alright”

Soojung look at Jongin but, her vision got blurred “Ni..Nini?” she looked up and her vision become black. Her head felt like in pang and she could tell she would die soon. She thought she must be hallucinating, because she saw her childhood friend... her long lost childhood friend Nini. Her Nini bear.

“No! Soojung-a” jongin whispered. “Open you damn eyes, I’m begging you” he said.

***

“Omo agashi, what are you doing here?” ask the security.

“Ahjussi… ha… ahjussi”

“Yah calm down will ya?” Sehun nudges her elbow “Ahjussi, her friend tell her she come home around 2, but she never come nor pick her phone up…”

“Chakkama, let’s check the CCTV” he said

Earlier when Seulgi throat dry, she went for glass of water and her mobile shone, it was Soojung who tell her she would go home ‘Finally done, let’s go home!’. Remembering her phobia, Seulgi thought, she would call her, to distract her. But she didn’t pick up and not show up after 30 minutes or more.

“T..They entered the elevator!” Ahjussi said “Oh God, I turn off the electricity!” he said and handy talkie the people on system site to turn on the engine.

“No… Soojung stuck…” Seulgi said and run to one of elevator door. “Please let her okay…”

“I’m so sorry m..miss”

Before they could figure anything else, they saw an elevator door opened and revealed Jongin hug Soojung tightly but his face is getting white, because the lack of oxygen “Help...” he said.

***

Soojung felt her head throbbing and dry. She then remembered, she trapped in a closed elevator and saw Jongin who suddenly transform into Nini. “Ni..Nini”

“Noona” she felt a hand holding her hand tightly. It was her brother Jaehyun, must be Seulgi.

“Jae-yah” she breathed “How did you get here?” she asked.

“Cab” he said “What happened noona, gwenchana?” he said.

She shifted a bit and look at Jaehyun “Gwenchana, mianhe noona make you worry” Soojung smiled and patted the wider space in her bed. She has a small body after all.

“Of course, seulgi noona were crying and say you admited into hospital” Jaehyun climb to the hospital bed and lying down next to Soojung and hug his noona “please be okay noona” he said

She smiled and caress his hair. No matter how tall he is, he still a baby for her. “Yeh” she hug him and kiss his crown. The fire on their house made them lose their parents and have to live in small orphanage in Ilsan, that’s why they both met seulgi. Jaehyun is the only one left with her, thankfully. They managed to go on school with scholarship. The reason why he didn’t life with Soojung is because he got a scholarship from Atheletic school and has to lived in dormitory.

Soojung felt Jaehyun breath become even when the door slowly opened, revealed Seulgi peeking with Sehun in tow. “Can i come?” she mouthed.

“Of course” Soojung laugh. “This big baby is a heavy sleeper, did you forgot?”

“Woah, look how tall his feet now, daebak” seulgi look at Jaehyun who sleep peacefully next to Soojung, he still wore his trackpants “still a baby to soojungie”

“How are you soojung?” Sehun asks.

“Lot better now, thank you sunbaenim” she smiled. “how are Kai sunbae?” she asked.

“Better too, he just lack of oxygen” Sehun shrugged his shoulder “His family there, no worries”

She nodded, she really need to thanks him tho! Last night when they stuck in elevator, she felt somehow calm when he held her like so warm, so familiar...

“I need to thanks him” Soojung said quietly.

“Later, you need to rest now. Tomorrow don’t came to work”

“Eh?! But..”

Sehun clicked his tongue “It’s Jongin order”

“Deh, just rest soojung-ah, there’s Jae here too, catch up!” Seulgi said.

“Arrasho” she answered and felt Jaehyun shifted.

“Omo” he jerked “Noona, why don’t you wake me up jinja ish” he said and immediately stand up “Annyeonghasseyo”

“We never really talk before, I’m Oh Sehun” sehun offered his hand

“Deh, I’m Jung Jaehyun, Noona little brother” he shake hand with Sehun

“So you’re an athlete?” Sehun asks.

“Of course, he’s the best swimmer in the town sunbae! He did swim like a fish” Seulgi commented.

“Eiyy noona” he said embarassed.

They did a small talk before Sehun said he would go home, he asked Seulgi to come along but the girl refused and said she will sleep in the hospital with Soojung and Jaehyun.

“Take care guys, Good night” he said and close the door.

“Noona, that guy is really like you”

“Daebak, yah jung jaehyun, i know you lot taller now, but i’m still older eoh?!” she chuckled.

“Yah, I’m still sick, you guys so loud” Soojung playfully glared at the two culprit “Jae, noona want to drink” she said

Jaehyun grab a pot of water and glass on the desk next to her bed when suddenly his eye caught something. “Noona, there’s a card with flower”

“Mwo?” Soojung said and sit up “Let me see” she said

Get well soon, jung soojungie

“Noona have a boyfriend and not telling me?!” Jaehyun asks “Where is this jashik?!!!!”

“The jashik is here” they heard some voice from door, it was a doctor. A young doctor with a handsome and familir face.

So familiar, even made Soojung and Seulgi rounded their eyes like a fool. “Nam Joohyuk sunbae?!” they said. The two girl look at each other and Soojung face suddenly heat up. It was her long time crush when she was in high school.

“Oremanida, Soojung, Seulgi” he said and smiled.

The jokes must be on her, right?

 

---

 

 

 

A/N 

Hi everyone, so here is the second part! thank you for tunning this part:)

hoep you enjoy this story and leave comments if you like this story:)

see you soon