Chapter 4

An ordinary love story

 

After they pulled apart, they remained embraced for a couple of songs. Forehead to forehead, eyes closed, slowly moving to the music. They finally could let go of the tension that was built up not in a few days, but months. Maybe years. Both of them needed a moment like that.

“Oppa?” Monica asked in a pitched voice.

“Yes, love.” Donghae answered, admiring Monica’s eyes once again.

“You’re making my legs feel like jello. Man, I’m so dizzy. Why did I even drink? I ruined the moment, didn’t I?” she pulled apart and resting her hands on his muscular forearms.

“I’m a little drunk myself, I think we both ruined it…what about we get going, we should  get some sleep.” He hold her tightly in his arms, trying to guide her through the crowd.

“Hae, I’m super dizzy. I’ve never been like this.” She whined.

“Sweety, just a few more steps, you can do it. I’m here to support you.” He tried to give her the best support.

“I’m fiiiine, I can walk alone…” she spoke as they met with everyone by the exit.

“No, you’re not fine. Donghae, can you please get her home? This is no joke, I’ve never seen her like this.” Amy analyzed her best friend from head to toe.

“Is she alone at home?” he asked.

“I guess so…Christina?“

“I’m not living with her anymore. Can I trust you?” she asked and looked Hae directly in the eyes with worry in them. “Will you stay with her tonight and make sure she’ll be alright?”

“Definitely. I promise she’s in good hands. Poor baby, she’s not used to so much alcohol. Even though it wasn’t much at all.” He said as he caressed her hair lovingly. “Oppa is taking care of you, alright?” he put on the side some of her fringe and kissed her forehead.

“Aham, yes, please…” Monica mumbled, looking sleepy.

 

At Donghae’s hotel room, he carefully laid her down on the bed. He shook her a bit, asking “Moni, can you put this shirt on you? Come on, you’ll sleep comfortably that way.”

“Mmm Haeee is zat your shirt?”

“Yes, lovey, go to the bathroom and change.”

“Sugar, sugar, honey, honey~” she beamed like a silly person, singing the song ‘Shirt’.

“Hehe okay. Do you need help to get there?” he asked sweetly.

“Naah.” She simply replied and got up in bed, taking her shirt off, revealing a black bra that fit her chest perfectly. Donghae looked away immediately, blushing.

“What are you doing?” he had his eyes covered.

“I’m changing my shirt, duh.”

“Obviously, but why didn’t you go to the bathroom?”

“It’s easier thiz way.” He could hear a falling sound, assuring him that drunk Monica was changed and laying down. He put the blanket on her, smiled, kissed her cheek, went to change in pijamas, made himself comfortable in an armchair and watched her peacefully fall asleep.

Next morning, Monica woke up with the most awful headache she’d ever had. She got up carefully, clunching her head.

“I’m dying.” She simply whispered.

“I’m sure you do.” A husky voice was heard from the armchair, where a sleeping Donghae was lying. He opened his eyes, peeking through his eyelashes because of the strong light coming from the window.

“Y-you slept there?...Oh God….what happened last night?” she widened her eyes.

“Nothing in particular, you just had one extra beer.” He chuckled softly.

“I’m only in a shirt, did you change me? But how did I get here? W-what time is it? Is it late?” she rapidly asked as she got out of bed.

Donghae stopped her by taking her by the arms and putting her back on the bed, “No, I didn’t change you, you did it. I carried you from the club here because you were too dizzy. And no, it’s not late. It’s actually 8 in the morning.” He answered her questions in a calming manner. “Now it’s my turn to ask.” He had a very serious look in his eyes, like he was suffering inside. “Why didn’t you tell me you have… let’s say, health problems?” he frowned, his eyes looking more and more tired.

After a few seconds, she replied, “….how did you know?” Monica looked worried and concerned.

“First of all, I saw the sensor on your arm when you took off your shirt. And second of all, you mumbled something about your night insulin last night.”

“And did I do it?’ she was actually afraid to ask, thinking about how her glucose level could be a mess. She didn’t want her crush to know that she’s been struggling with a disease, that she wasn’t well and she was psychologically tired because of that.

“I called Amanda when I heard that. She told me you have d-diabetes and tought me how to do it for you. I hope I did it well.” A tear escaped from his eyes, speaking uncertainly and with trembling voice.

“Please don’t cry, sweety.” Monica tried to retain herself. “I’ve been having this since I was 20, I got used to it. Also, my glucose levels are normal now.” She put her hand on his hand, looking at him with an apologetic smile on her face.

“You…you are so strong! And you’ve been doing it alone all the time. You are simply amazing. But still, why didn’t you tell me?” he got closer and put her head on his chest, keeping it there tightly.

“I didn’t want to sadden you…I don’t need anybody to take care of me anyway, I can do it myself at this point.”

“You amaze me every minute, every second I spend with you.” He took her face in his hands.

“So you’re not mad, nor you think of me as an alcoholic?” she chuckled, making Donghae chuckle too.

“Not at all. I was a bit mad at first that you didn’t tell me, but I was more concerned about you. I like you…I like you to the point that I want to date you, even though we barely know each other and we can’t really do it since I’m leaving in one week and a half…”

“What about we pretend we date until you leave. Like holding hands, watching movies, making pancakes, eating ice cream and so on.”

“Are you sure this is a good idea?”

“Well, we kissed already and held hands…if you mean that we will miss each other after that, you’re totally right. But we like each other and it’s harder to retain yourself from a temptation, it’s just human nature. So I say we give it a go.”

“Great, then let’s start right now.”

“What?” Monica didn’t even have time to finish what she wanted to say because her new temporary boyfriend closed the little to no space between them and locked lips with her. She quickly kissed him back, putting a hand on his back of the head. Hae tried to transform the normal kiss into a French kiss, but Monica pulled away.

“I drank too much last night, you don’t want to do that. Trust me.” She laughed.

“As you say, my beautiful girlfriend.”

“Beautiful my . I bet I look like a panda on drugs with all my makeup from last night.”

“To me, you are perfect no matter what. Actually, you’re kinda y with the mascara smudged like that.” He smirked, making Moni nervous.

“I need to eat like asap. I have an eating schedule that I should follow.” As soon as she remember, she got out of bed, forgetting that the only thing she was wearing were underwear and a t-shirt.

“Of course, let’s go eat, my lady.” Donghae bit his lower lip hard, checking her out.

She quickly turned around and pecked his lips, starring down at them while saying, “I’m happy we’re doing this.”

“Me too.”

And so, they went on dates every single day. They hang out in Monica’s apartment, watched the sunset together, went to the cinema, did everything they could as a couple in that week. They became really cozy with each other, almost like they were for real. The feelings were burning like the sun in the middle of July. Every time their fingers intertwined, their hearts beat in unison. Every time their eyes met, an angel smiled and it was like life was having a ray of light again.

https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/186477240801813304/

It finally was Donghae’s last few hours in the country. Sadness could be felt in the air, as they were both staying in silence in the cab, his arm around her shoulder and her head on his chest. They arrived at the airport, slowly, with hard movements, getting out of the car. He took his luggage out of the trunk, getting his girl and going to check-in. After the check-in, they still had a few minutes together.

“It was too fast, I want a restart…” Monica was looking like she was about to cry.

“I know, me too. But I just want you to know that you are the most amazing person I know. You’re not just a pretty face, you’re smart, sweet, kind, cute, y and I can go like this forever.”

“Ohhh Hae, don’t…”

“I mean it! Don’t you ever let somebody tell you otherwise. Better yet tell oppa and I’ll come and kick their butts.”

“Haha I’m sure of it. I wanted to say that you are more awesome in person than I thought. I never thought somebody like you would have a crush on me. It’s insane!”

“You’re not just a crush…Monica, I’m falling for you…”

“F-falling?...I was afraid of that.”

“I knew this would happen. And you knew it too.”

“Especially last night when-…”

“Shhh.” He put a finger on her lips. “There are children around here.” He chuckled cheerlessly.

“Alright, ok.” She nodded and kept a small smile on her face, trying to hold the tears in.

“I’m going to miss you so much, love.” They embraced tightly, getting teary.

“I’m going to miss you too, my knight in shining armor.”

“This is the final boarding call for passengers  on flight 372A to Soeul. Please proceed to gate 2 immediately. The final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately five minutes time. I repeat. This is the final boarding call. Thank you.”

The annoying voice could be heard in the airport, signaling the last call for Donghae’s flight.

“Before I go, I want to give you something.” He took out an envelope out of his bag. It had a red bow on it and a small rose made from plastic, sprayed with his cologne.

“Good thing I prepared something too.” She said as she opened the envelope. In it were lots of photos with her and the boys, having a good time.

“These are the photos I took during the time we spent together. I have a set of copies too. But my favorite is this one.” And he showed her the photo they took at the carnival, where they went  for their last official date and where it was the place of their very first date.

https://ro.pinterest.com/pin/445223113157731958/

“This is so romantic…I told you I prepared something too.” She got out of her purse a plush toy having the form of a pumpkin. “Every time you look at this pumpkin, you will remember me and the time we spent together.”

“That’s so cute…but instead, can I take you home?” he frowned again.

“No, babe, unfortunately you can’t. I wish…”

Donghae looked at the watch, “I really should get going or I’ll miss the flight.”

“I know, I know. One last kiss…” she announced as her lips devoured his, in a hungry kiss. He did the same, clearly not wanting to let go.

They pulled apart after a few seconds, “We’ll talk when we’ll be free on Facetime, ok?”

“I’ll wait your messages, cutie.”

“Goodbye, my sweet love.” He deeply kissed her forehead before approaching the door to the bus that was taking him to the plane.

“Goodbye, oppa.”

 

A/N: Sequel? Rated M one shot? Both? Please let me know in the comments ;) I really hope you enjoyed it!