First Bloom; Transformation

Bloom

The sun filters through the windows of the bakery, it’s just past six in the evening, so the light basking over the room is golden. Kyungsoo pushes a tray with several mounds of fresh dough into a cooling rack, by six am tomorrow the dough will be risen to twice its size.

 

A soft chime from the front room rings throughout the shop. Wiping his flour dusted hands on his apron he shuffles into the room, in front of the counter is a scrawny and rather pitiful looking boy. His cheeks are sunken into his skinny face, his clothes hang limply on his frame and his wide eyes stare up at Kyungsoo hopefully. 

 

“M-may I p-please have some bread?” He asks him, looking shamefully down at his shoeless feet. 

 

Kyungsoo squats down to be eye level with the boy “Do you have any money?”

 

“N-no sir” 

 

“Where are your parents?” He continues, normally Kyungsoo would’ve given the child a loaf of bread without any hesitation but there had been rumors going around about a witch using children to do her bidding. He didn’t really believe that witches would be aloud to abuse their power so casually, but it never hurts to be careful.

 

“I’m an orphan” he whimpers sadly 

 

Kyungsoo sighs “Just wait out here, I’ll be right back”. 

 

When he returns he finds the small boy still standing, looking as sad as ever. “Here’s some bread and cheese, and a few coins. You should get some shoes, winter is fast approaching” Kyungsoo says, handing the boy a neat basket. 

 

The boy suddenly takes the basket away from Kyungsoo, ripping it open he devours the bread. Slowly his cheeks fill in, he grows inch by inch with every bite his clothes change from ragged brown trousers and a dirty white shirt to a crisp black suit. 

 

“W-What?” Kyungsoo gapes at the now full grown man, who wipes his face free of crumbs. 

 

He stares at Kyungsoo, a sinister smirk on his face “Money too? Seokkie will be very pleased” 

 

“Seok?” Kyungsoo gasps, already stumbling away from the man “N-no” he stutters

 

The man gives Kyungsoo a grin, before whistling a short tune. As soon as he’s finished, the door swings open and Kyungsoo’s worst fears are confirmed. 

 

A beautiful young woman, with fair skin and long raven colored hair knots floats in. She’s draped in a long black gown, a black cat struts beside her, lazily looking around the bakery. 

 

“It’s you.” Kyungsoo breathes, his eyes wide open

 

“Good job, Luhan. He’ll do very well” she nods, briefly regarding the once starved boy. 

 

“Yeah, good job, slave boy” the cat hisses, making Kyungsoo freeze. He has heard the rumors of the beautiful witch named Minseok, some vaguely described a talking cat but most tended to describe her unearthly beauty. 

 

“Oh don’t look so upset, you’ll get wrinkles!” Minseok coo’s, approaching the spot where Kyungsoo stands, seemingly frozen in time. 

 

“P-please don’t” he whispers as he traces a perfectly manicured finger along his jaw. 

 

“Don’t worry, this won’t hurt o-“

 

“Don’t call me slave boy, you mangy cat!” Luhan interrupts, as he angrily glares at the black cat that sits, unbothered. 

 

“It’s Master Jongdae to you.” The cat replies “And go fetch me some warm milk” 

 

 “Shut up you idiots! Luhan go get Jongdae some milk.” She snaps

 

“Y-yes ma’am!” Luhan shouts, marching to the kitchen. 

 

Minseok sighs “Where was I?” She looks back at Kyungsoo and nods “Oh yeah!” She chirps, placing her right hand on Kyungsoo’s chest and begins pushing. At first it feels like nothing, but with a sudden burst of mystic energy Kyungsoo feels her hand burning through his clothes and his body goes up in invisible flames. He’s too shocked to even scream as he feels his body grow weaker and see’s the pentagram amulet on Minseok’s chest glow red. 

 

“Since you’re so cute I’ll let you take a nap.” She winks, pulling her hand away from him. The moment her finger tips leave his skin he collapses, his vision going black.

 

A/N: I originally wanted to make long chapters but it just wouldn’t flow right. Also it’s obviously it exactly the same as Howls Moving Castle so if I see any one of ya’ll coming for me for inaccuracies, I will sue. anyway sorry for any grammatical mistakes, I refuse to proofread anything.