Living Without You

I Knew It; Living Without You [TwoShot]

I wrote this after i finished 'Books and Beats' but it was in my head since the song came out and in my oppinion the song is a sequel to 'I Knew It' so I write a sequel to the previous oneshot with it ^^ But I'm packing them together and thanks to the ones who subscribed and will see the update ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Dongwoon strode off in his apartment, passing past Hyunseung and plopping on the couch, resting his head back and closing his eyes.

“Are you hungry?” Hyunseung’s smooth voice came and Dongwoon only shook his head in response, hoping that his roommate will see. “Go take a shower.” He said then and Dongwoon heard the door, probably to the kitchen, closing. It’s only been a week since they moved in, but it was not that hard to get used to. Maybe catching Hyunseung under the shower in the first morning was awkward, or seeing him walk with no shirt and his jeans low on his hips the third day was awkward, catching him watch a drama and crying the following day was… ok, it was not awkward, but Gi Kwang never cried when watching dramas, or not in front of Dongwoon, Junhyung never cried, Jinwoon never cried, Mir never cried, Kibum… Kibum is more like a girl for him, so he’s not falling in the criteria, but Dongwoon had no idea what to do, so he went to change his clothes and then brought a glass of water for the boy, sitting next to him and watching with him. Aside from that it was easy. Hyunseung cooked for him, he went to work, it’s not like’s a freeloader, but he finishes before Dongwoon, so he cooks for him, he’s neat, unlike Dongwoon, who just throws his coat and tie as soon as he enters the apartment and plops on the couch. And he takes care of him. “I told you to go get a shower.” Hyunseung nagged and went to Dongwoon, bringing him and pushing him to the bathroom. Hyunseung was like his mom at the moment.

 

I'll shed a few tears out of courtesy
 

Dongwoon just stood under the falling water. He just washed the shampoo and soap from his body, so he was just standing now. The shampoo smelled like Gi Kwang, but of course, Dongwoon bought it because he liked the smell, but now… He didn’t like it anymore. He stopped the water and grabbed a towel, wrapping one around his body and another for drying his face and hair. He stepped out, coming face to face with Hyunseung who just got out of his room a phone in hand. He smiled at him, but Hyunseung furrowed his eyebrows stepping closer to the boy, tucking the phone in his pocket fast, and hands cupping Dongwoon’s face.

“Did you love him that much?” the pretty boy frowned and rubbed his thumbs across Dongwoon’s cheek. He looked him confused but Hyunseung only smiled, hugged him and patted his hair. “Don’t cry.” Dongwoon wanted to laugh it off, asking what does he mean by that, but then he touched the skin beneath his eyes and he felt the wet trails… He laughed, but soon the laughs turned into sobs and he clenched the fabric of Hyunseung’s shirt, finding some kind of comfort in him. The next day Dongwoon got home with a new shirt for Hyunseung and the boy laughing at the gesture.

“It only got soaked.” He said giggling and making Dongwoon wait. Then he came back and handed him a hair dye. “People say it’s easier to change something in you to overcome heartaches.” He smiled and then shrugged. “But of course it’s only if you want to.” Dongwoon smiled and said he will think about it.

 

Later, when he went to leave the dye he found all the cosmetics in the bathroom changed. He looked at the box again and smiled. Maybe blond was not a bad idea.

 

I feel mo better without you baby,
I'm free got freedom lady

 

It’s Friday night… It was Friday night. Now it was Saturday morning and Dongwoon was having a bad headache. Hyunseung made him light breakfast (toast with butter and coffee) served with two pills of painkillers. Dongwoon grunted, wrapping his head, no – squeezing his head with his hands and trying to perish the memories from last night. Loud music, alcohol, bodies, music, loud beat moving your body, alcohol, bodies, lips, bodies… He banged his head in the table, startling Hyunseung and grunted again.

“Did you use at least?” the boy asked, like he already knew what happened. Dongwoon looked him wide eyed and his roommate shrugged. “You said you banged someone at a club.”

“I said that?” he asked scrunching his nose.

“Well not with these exact words, but – yeah, you did.”

Dongwoon grunted again and hid his face behind his hands, crossed on the table.

“So... did you?”

“Yeah.”

“Next time you can call me – I will get out, so bring him/her home.”

“Hyung!” Dongwoon whined and Hyunseung shoved a piece of bread in his mouth, smiling nicely and eyes shining.

 

The same thing repeated itself for the next five weeks and the sixth one Hyunseung kept him home.

 

Before, I was scared for a tomorrow without you;
but it's not like that anymore

 

It has been four months, Sunday morning. Dongwoon strode out of his bedroom and plopped on the couch, face first, one leg on the furniture, the other touching the floor. He heard a giggle and felt a weight on his back and he whined, trying to shift himself, but failed.

“Hyung, if you want, tell me and I will move so you can lie down too.”

“Where’s the fun in that?” Hyunseung asked in a teasing manner, leaning down and blowing at Dongwoon’s neck, making the younger boy giggle.

“Hyung~!” the younger one whined again and turned around, sitting, making it so Hyunseung fell on the couch, laughing. “I’m supposed to nap and you’re supposed to make me breakfast!”

“I always make breakfast, you lazy .”

“Is this a way to talk to your maknae?”

“What maknae?” laughed the older one again and kicked Dongwoon in the thigh, pushing him off the couch and on the ground and making him frown. “Go make breakfast, while the mighty me is lazing around.”

 

Ya already know, you probably already know but
I'm a lot more popular than you think

 

Dongwoon looks at himself in the mirror, readjusting his dress shirt, checking for the tenth time if his jeans are crumpled; he fixed his hair again and took a deep breath. Hyunseung knocked on his door and entered, checking out the younger boy from head to toe and whistled.

“Going on a date?” Hyunseung teased a smirk on his lips.

“Yeah, actually, I’m.” Dongwoon answered shyly, scratching his neck. “I’m kind of nervous, thought.”

“Oh,” Hyunseung straightened up, hands in his pocket and smile a little faltering. “You never told me.”

“It was sudden…  A colleague of mine asked me out. You know, Sunggyu, I told you about him.”

“Do you like him?” the roommate asked, coming close and adjusting Dongwoon’s collar.

“I don’t think I do, but he asked me to give him a chance… and it’s been almost a year.” He looked at Hyunseung, but the boy’s eyes were hidden behind his bangs as he fixed Dongwoon’s sleeves. When he looked up his smile bright and happy, but his eyes were empty. Something pained Dongwoon seeing it, but Hyunseung patted him on the chest and continued smiling.

“Go and charm him.”

 

I feel good right now and ever,
Cross your arms and watch over me carefully

 

Dongwoon got home late, tired and definitely single. He ruffled his hair and turned the light on, figuring he can just get himself something light to eat before he goes to sleep. He was three steps to the kitchen when he heard a groan and turned around, finding Hyunseung lying on the couch. He stepped to him and leaned down, a hand on the back of the furniture.

“Hyung?” he asked, his voice a whisper.

“Oh, you’re back? What time is it?” Hyunseung asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. Dongwoon sat too, facing the older boy and smiling at him.

“It’s late, why are you here?”

“I…” started Hyunseung, suddenly his eyes getting wide, a light blush on his cheeks and staring at Dongwoon. “I don’t know I guess…”

 

 

 

I feel mo better without you;

Living without –

 

 

 

“How was the date?” the older boy diverted the question suddenly composed and smiling.

“.” Smiled the younger one and leaned in, getting closer to Hyunseung, examining the reddening face. “Hyung, if you had told me earlier, I wouldn’t have gone.” He said then and before Hyunseung could ask him anything he leaned even furtherer closing his lips on Hyunseung’s.

 

When he pulled apart he met Hyunseung’s confused expression: eyes wide, mouth slightly opened, eyebrows hidden behind his bangs. He smiled and placed his hand on the boy’s face, cupping his cheek and rubbing with his thumb right below his eye.

“Sunggyu told me that all I talk about is you, and I kind of started liking you long ago, but I thought you didn’t like me; then I actually figured we’re kind of like a married couple, don’t you think?” Hyunseung giggled, arms wrapping around the maknae’s neck and pulling him down, lying on the couch.

“If I had declined one year ago and I was living without you… I would’ve missed one hell of a hot boyfriend.” The older boy smirked and kissed Dongwoon lightly again. “Now let’s sleep, I’m tired.”

 

 

Thank you for reading ^-^