BETWEEN HATE AND LOVE

THREE WORLDS LOVE

“Oh my goodness, my head is spining like crazy” – Ari opens her eyes while massaging her temple. She become wide awake when she sees that she is not in the tent but she was sleeping in a comfortable bed. She is in a strange room. It is morning but dark inside the room. She’s almost freak out when suddenly she sees a man sitting across the room while facing the window. The man turns around and face Ari. He is young and handsome. It makes Ari’s heart beating faster. Especially when he gives her the most warm smile she ever sees. Ari likes him, unaware of what he is. Yes, Jun is a vampire. He kidnapped Ari and her friends the night before with the other vampires. It’s almost time when they need to or drink a blood of a human.

“Good morning! You must be freak-out about where you are right now and who I am and what are you doing here and stuffs like that, right?” – He says. “My name is Jun”

“All yes to that questions. Who are you, Jun? Why I’m here?”

“Before I answer that, I know that you’re older than me, so can I call you noona? Ari noona?”

“What the—How come you know my name?”

Once again, by the smile of Jun, Ari’s heartbeat become a mess. “Oh, I know everything about you just by looking at you”

“Wait! You can read my mi—“

“Oh yes noona. Your heart just makes a fast beat when you see me smile, right?”

“Stop it!”

“Okay, I’ll stop. Well, this is my room. You’re here as my guest because I can’t see women sleep in a wild area. So, your friends are here too in different rooms. No worries, they are all fine. You can enjoy this island by resting here”

Just then...

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” – Youngji’s scream fill-out the entire island. On the other side of the island, the wolves pack hear Youngji’s scream and know that something is not right. The Alpha of the pack leads the way to the scream.

Meanwhile the clan are ready to fight the werewolves. They are waiting in front of their castle’s gate. But the werewolves are not stupid. They know about the strategies used by the clan so they divided into two teams. The first team is to face the clan and the second team is to rescue the humans. The second team goes inside the castle by jumping on a tree.

One of them smell something interesting. He follows the scent. The brown blue eyed wolf stops at one door. He feels strange. He is excited. He transform back as a human and enter the room. There, he finds a girl who sleeps soundly. This girl sleeps because Jun just put sleeping pills to her drink and she drank it earlier. Yes, it is Ari. The guy walks to see her covered face. He looks into her and that time, his wolf instincts work. He imprinted on her. He can see his future with her. He has to protect her. She is his world now. He holds her into his arms and runs out with his leader leads.

As the Alpha sees everything is already fine, he signals the first team to face the clan. The leader of the clan sees that only three of the packs were there.

“! We got fooled! They got the humans!” – The clan leader cursed. He can talk with the Alpha of the packs by mind. Jun runs with one other vampire to the rooms. He feels mad. He almost got his own food by alluring her to like him.

 

After a long time of sleeping, Ari finally wakes up. She finds it strange that she wakes up in another room. She sees something sleeping beside her. She freaks out once again as she sees a huge brown dog – she thinks – sleeps beside her. But then, she thinks that Jun might put her to another room to protect her and Jun just order this ‘dog’ to protect her.

“You woke up?” – Youngji goes inside her room with Yeonhee.

“Youngji, Yeonhee! Thank goodness you guys are alright! Jun is right!”

“Jun? Who’s this Jun?” – Youngji asks her, feeling annoyed that there’s no one named Jun in this place.

“Well, he was the one who brings me to a nice and comfortable room last night”

“Oh my gosh, Ari! Don’t talk about him or his kinds anymore!”

“His kinds?! What do you mean, Youngji?! He’s just like us!”

“He is a vampire and he or his kinds are trying to kill us with their poisonous fangs, y’know”

“YEONHEE! Don’t say it like that! I don’t believe you!”

“IT IS TRUE!! HANSOL IS ONE OF THEM!!” – Yeonhee bursts into tears “HE TOLD ME HIMSELF!!”

A moment of silence. Youngji pats Yeonhee’s back. “If I didn’t scream this morning, they won’t save us”

“They?! Who?”

“The werewolves. The Vampire’s natural enemy. He saved you” – Youngji points at the ‘dog’ who sleeps beside the bed.

“Guys, are you crazy?! There is no such things like Vampire or Werewolf! I don’t believe you!”

The brown wolf hears that and transform back into his human form. Youngji tells Ari to look at him now. Ari sees a fine young man standing before her eyes. He also tries to make her believe by telling her everything about him and the vampires and also about the legend of both sides. It is true. But once again, Ari denies everything. She only believe what her heart tells her. She only believes Jun no matter what happen.

Youngji gets mad and leave her. Yeonhee still trying to persuade her that Youngji and her tell the truth. Now, Ari is confused. Her heart believes Jun but she also want to believe her friends. One thing she sures about. She hates this ‘dog’. Because of him, she can’t see Jun anymore.

“Go away from me, you dog!”

“I’m sorry, miss. I have a name and I am not a dog. I am a wolf. My name is Seokmin”

“I don’t care about your name! Just leave me alone!” – Seokmin leaves the room with a sad face. No matter what happen, he will always be there for her.

Back to the clan, someone is laughing really hard. Yes, Jun still can read Ari’s mind even from afar. He knows everything what happened with Ari over there. He wins or so he thought. He goes to see his leader and tells him that he will get the humans back for their feast, or at least one. The leader agrees on it.

After a few weeks passed, where Seokmin always follows Ari wherever she goes, Ari hates him gradually. Eventhough Seokmin already shows that he likes her, she never budge. Her heart belongs to Jun only. Seokmin, with the help of the other packs, still trying to make her forget Jun. Sometimes, Ari will see him differently when she’s hurt. He cares for her. He will do anything just for her. He even sleeps outside Ari’s room.

You might be questioning why the girls don’t leave the island yet. The packs don’t let them leave the island because the Vampires can sense or smell their scents and might be taking them back again to their castle. And by living with the werewolves, they are safe. The Vampires don’t like Werewolf’s scent so the humans are safe there.

One night, suddenly an owl drops a letter to Ari’s room. Seokmin who is sleeping soundly outside is unaware of it. Ari sees the envelope and her face gets bright after knowing that it is from Jun. She opens it and read...

Dear Ari,

How are you? I hope you are okay there. Do you know that I can still read your mind even from afar? Everynight I hear your mind calling my name. I miss you too. I know you are suffering there. So, I decided to see you again. If you really want to see me, meet me at the tents you builded weeks ago. Midnight. I’ll be waiting for you there. You can ask your friends to join also. I know one of them is longing to see our youngest. I can bring her to see him again. Remember! Do not let the werewolves notice that you are going to see me. Anyways, I hope you’ll come!

Love, Jun

Ari is so pleased to see that Jun is also miss her. She checks Seokmin whether he’s sleeping or not. Fortunately, Seokmin is sleeping. She tiptoes out from her room and goes to Yeonhee’s room. She doesn’t dare to bring Youngji because Youngji hates Jun. To her surprise, Yeonhee is sleeping soundly with one of the pack named Mingyu sleeps beside her bed. Mingyu awakes as he hears Ari’s footsteps and Ari’s smell. He transforms back into his (gorgeously) human form.

“What are you doing here at this hour?”

“Uhh... Nothing. I can’t sleep so I think I can talk with Yeonhee”

“Sorry, you cannot. You know she needs sleep and rest, right?”

“Okay, then. I’m going back to my room”

“Why don’t you go to Youngji’s room?! I believe Wonwoo still keeps her awake”

“What?! Hahaha... No need, thanks. Jeez, I don’t want to ruin their romance”

“Hahahaha... You’re right! Just waiting for them to confess to each other!”

“I know right! Okay, good night, Mingyu! See you!”

Ari goes out from Yeonhee’s room. She can’t take Yeonhee with her so why not if she goes alone by herself, right?! She starts to take a step out from the packs house. She runs to the campsite where she builded the tents. As she reaches that place, her eyes roam to look for Jun. Jun suddenly back-hugging her and Ari is happy to see him again. But Jun’s face become evil with a deep smirk painted on his face.

Jun then asks Ari if she wants to go with him back to the castle. Well, of course Ari is happy to hear that and they go together to the castle. She doesn’t know what awaits her in the castle. Meanwhile Seokmin awakes since he can’t sense Ari’s scent. He goes inside the room and he is mad for not finding her inside. He sees the letter which is on the desk. He reads that and he is really angry. Jun, who can read Seokmin’s thought, laughs really outloud. Ari is confused why Jun is laughing like that.

Seokmin transforms back to his werewolf form and growls. He is really mad. Jun is wicked for using Ari’s love just for his own good. He runs to the castle. The Alpha sense that something going on and calls Seokmin with his telepathy. Seokmin tells The Alpha about what happens while running. He tells his Alpha that he wants to be the only one there to save Ari.

“SEOKMIN! DON’T BE STUPID! HE CAN READ YOUR MIND! YOU NEED US! YOU CAN BE KILLED!”

“I DON’T CARE! ALL I WANT TO DO RIGHT NOW IS TO KILL THAT BASTARD! I WANT TO SAVE HER ALL BY MYSELF!”

“YOU IMPRINTED ON HER, DON’T YOU?!”

“YES I AM!! SO PLEASE LET ME FINISH IT BY MYSELF!” - And like that, The Alpha goes out from Seokmin’s head.

At the castle, Jun brings Ari to the dungeon. Ari is confused once again. Jun is smiling as wide as he could. Ari then sees so many bones inside the dungeon. It is humans bones. They are the victims of  the clan. Her eyes are open now. Everything that Seokmin and her friends tried to tell her are true. In disbelief, she looks at Jun who is smirking.

“What?! You feel regret now?! There’s no way of turning back, honey. You are so stupid for loving me, a creature that doesn’t have a heart at all. We can’t falling in love” – Jun says as he puts Ari into a cell.

“Now you just wait until I your blood dry. You will be one with me just like you wishes. HAHAHAHA”

ROOOOAAAAAAARRRRRR

Seokmin just get into the dungeon as well. He is angry for hearing what Jun just said. Jun is not afraid of him as he already read that there’s no one coming to help Seokmin. Seokmin growls to him and almost kills Jun when...

“STOP!! Please don’t kill him, Seokmin!” – Ari cries while sitting on the floor inside the cell. “Please don’t”

Seokmin sees her in disbelief. After what he has done to her, she still love him and protects him?! Seokmin becomes more angry but he holds back.

“Now, I want you to get me out of this cell. Bring me back to your home. I have learned my lesson for not trusting you or my friends. I have chosen the wrong path and now I believe you”

Seokmin’s is calming down after hearing that. He glads that Ari is now believe him. He releases Jun but next, Jun makes Seokmin’s rib cracks with his hands. Ari screams for what she sees before her eyes. Seokmin lost so many bloods. He still tries to open the cell’s door in his human form. Jun once again makes a scratch to Seokmin’s body. Ari cries seeing that.

“HAHAHAHAHA!!! STUPID GIRL!! THIS MAN LOVES YOU SO MUCH AND YET YOU HATE HIM!! HE TRIED TO PROTECT YOU BUT YOU LEAVE HIM!! HE IMPRINTED ON YOU!! YOU ARE HIS WORLD NOW!! HAHAHAHAHA!! HE LIVES ONLY FOR YOU!! HAHAHAHA” – Ari looks at Seokmin with teary eyes. She replays all the memories of Seokmin who always tried to win her heart and where he always be there for her.

“I won’t kill him until you tell me to kill him” – Seokmin says as he gradually become weak. He holds Ari’s hand.

“I’m sorry! Don’t kill him! I don’t want you to kill him! He needs to be tortured before death! I want you to bite him!”

By that, Seokmin transforms back as a wolf and bite one of Jun’s hands. He pulls out Jun’s left arm from where its belong. Jun screams in pain as he lost his left arm. Ari then successfully out from the cell. She curses Jun.

“You will never be able to use your superpower anymore! You use me for your own good using that power of yours! You will live as the lowest creature of all! You will never see anyone again until you die from thirstiness. I won’t forgive you forever!”

Ari then helps Seokmin to walk. As soon as they go out from the castle, she sees Mingyu and another wolf named Myungho waiting for them. Mingyu and Myungho got an order from their Alpha to run after Seokmin. He knew that Seokmin will be hurt. Mingyu carries Seokmin and Myungho carries Ari on their back. They are going back to their den/ house.

 

Months has passed. Seokmin is healed already. Ari has open her heart for Seokmin. She loves him more and more each day. She regrets that she never wanted to see that Seokmin is actually really caring for her. He never wants Ari to be hurt or sick. Eventhough he is not really a romantic guy, he finally wins Ari’s heart. With the help of the other packs, Seokmin asks Ari to stay with him forever. Ari really wants that too but she is afraid that she might be fired by her boss for leaving too long.

“Seriously, Ryu Ari. We’ve been gone for like a year already! They must have fired us! C’mon! Seokmin is asking you to marry him!” – Youngji says with her so-not-amused-face. Duh!

“Yeah... I guess so. Okay! I’ll stay here with you forever! I’ll marry you! But please make sure you provide me with everything!”

“Hahahahaha... Of course I will! I don’t want to lose you anymore. Remember, you die, I die too” – Seokmin holds Ari so tight and they share their kiss. Everyone is happy except for one wolf. He hides in one room while crying.

Meanwhile, Jun is really like a dead person. He really lost his superpower. No one of the clan wants to help him drink. He is thirsty. He can’t join the feast with the other 4 vampires.

 

-THE END-