Cereal aisle

Cereal aisle

 

"Don't you want us to come with you?", Jongdae asked for the fourth time that morning.

"No, hun", you answered putting on your coat, "You two will only get bored there, plus, (Y/S/N) can get sick if he goes", you kissed softly your husbands lips, "It's better if the two of you stay."

In that moment your son appeared calling for you, half asleep, and wanting to give you a hug.

"Good morning! It's too soon to be awake in a weekend" you said giving a lot of tiny kisses in your son's cute face.

"Are you going to see grandma?" You son asked in a tiny voice.

"Yes. She"ll be okay in a while and will come to play with you very soon" You told him. Jongdae approached him and patted in his head lightly.

"Didn't you had something for the grandma?" Jongdae asked your son, making him suddenly awake and started running to his bedroom in a absolute rush. Jongdae laughed a bit watching him, and a second later your son appeared again with a paper in his tiny hands.

"It's for the grandma" you son said giving it to you, "This is me" you son said pointing at a tiny kid in the drawing, "and this is grandma", he said pointing to a bigger person in the paper.

"You did it yourself? You are an artist! The grandma will love it" You told him while putting your sons drawing in your purse.

"The grandma will get better as soon as she sees your drawing" Jongdae said grabbin the kid in his arms.

"Well, I have to go" You said your goodbyes to your two (not so) little men and gave them tons and tons of kisses for the rest of the day, "you have the grocery list on the fridge" you said to your husband.

"I know, I know", he said giving you one last kiss.

"Have a good day" you said leaving Jongdae and your son at the door waving his hands towards you.

 

Once you left they started their own day, they showered and had breakfast, but not a normal breakfast, they decided to have a feast; pancakes, fresh fruit, syrup and juice. All in just one table for two.

(Y/S/N) was elated with the idea of the breakfast, and Jongdae was too, even when hearing a "Mommy does it better" he couldn't help but laugh, not because it was true, bit because he was having a great time with his son.

After that the two of them headed out to the supermarket, halfway there they realized that they've forgot the groceries list on the fridge, so they headed out twice.

Once Jongdae, (Y/S/N) and the list got to the store, they started picking one by one the products listed on the paper. Also discussing some of the points in there like, do you really need all those nasty peas? Or cucumber? Well, I think they just forgot to buy them, nothing intentional.

Jongdae was re-reading the list with attention, to check if he had left something out, when he realized something that was completely missing. His son.

He left the shopping cart behind and started looking for (Y/S/N) his heartbest faster than ever, he was at the verge of collapsing. Losing his child would be the worst thing that could ever happen to him. How was he going to do? How was he going to tell you? You will never forgive him, you will never trust him again.

Jongdae panicked, he started calling his name on the store, everybody looking at him, but he didn't care, all he cared about was about his lost son. He could, already, portray his son alone, crying, wondering where his mother and father went. He asked almost everyone he found in other aisles, he wasn't anywhere, and he was so small, so difficult to see.... that Jongdae didn't saw him the first time he crossed the cereal aisle. But he did saw him the second time. And he almost cry.

They hugged. Well, Jongdae hugged (Y/S/N), (Y/S/N) was completely okay, looking at his father a bit puzzled with a box of cereals on his hands.

"What do I always tell you about not going by yourself", Jongdae scolded his son.

"But...", (Y/S/N) started looking at the box in his hands. "I wanted to get these"

He showed his father the box in his hands and Jongdae inmediatly smiled, you always ate those cereals, they were his mother favourites. It was impossible to get mad at him.

"You want to get this for mum, huh?", Jongdae asked messing with his son's hair, with a big grin in his face.

(Y/S/N) just nodded a bit embarrased for all the fuss, and a bit worried if his father was mad at him. Jongdae sighed.

"This is what we're going to do" Jongdae said grabbing his son, "you're not telling anyone, specially mum, that you got lost in the supermarket, you"ll promise me that you"ll never do this to me again and in return I"ll buy mom's cereals and some candy for you, okay?."

When your son heard the word "candy" he agreed faster than ligthing, Jongdae smiled at his son and went back where he left their shopping cart.

When you got home, both of your lovely man were asleep together in your bed, candy wrappers all over the place, and a note at the fridge.

"We bought you cereals ❤️"