Part Three

Train to Busan

Part Three

For the matters of the heart Jimin was sure he knew all of his band members. Nam-joon was not necessarily shy, it was more like he was oblivious, he had the highest IQ Jimin had even known, but when it came to the matters of the heart Nam-joon was clumsy. As much as Seok-jin tried to portray a player persona, he was plain old shy. Ho-seok was very loyal, he had one girlfriend whom he refused to let go. Tae-hyung on the other hand was the real player, but often gave it his all, yet the passions in which he sought burnt quickly.

Yoon-gi was someone who felt deeply and expected a lot from his partners. He would forever keep looking until someone gave him the attention he desperately needed and wanted. He was someone who would give it his all when the acceptance was finally given. Yoon-gi liked men, and supported same gender relationships. It wasn't as though Jimin was not good enough for Yoon-gi or the other way around, but more like both needed a lot. Jimin knew that Yoon-gi struggled a lot and needed a lot of attention, and at the same time so did Jimin. Jimin required a lot of approval without scruinity and it was too much for Yoon-gi to give. Jimin understood that and respected it. It hurt, but he respected it.

Then there was Jungkook. Jungkook was a flirt. He had been blessed with many talents and skills; with a face that would break hearts wherever he would go. It wasn't as though Jungkook was looking for someone in particular, or that he was cold or someone who would only pursuit to release the flesh. But he was unstable, he floated like a wandering kite unknowingly and untouchable. He himself didn't know what he was looking for, and because of that Jimin knew someone like Jungkook was like jumping off a cliff without a harness.

"Only because I like pleasing you."

It had taken Jimin a moment to process what Jungkook had said, but he shook his head. Whatever Jungkook had said, he knew for sure that it was not what Jungkook had truly meant. And even if he had, well it didn't really matter, for Jimin knew better.

"You shouldn't say things like that." Jimin looked back at him with a grin of his own, "You're starting to sound like Seok-jin-hyung."

Jimin didn't let Jungkook reply and made himself comfortable on his side of the compartment. He watched as Jungkook enter the space they were sharing and shut the door behind him.

"Are you doing anything fun when you get home?" Jimin asked all too glad to change the subject.

"I'm going to relax and play as many video games as I can." Jungkook said, "but most likely study for my exams."

"Are you nervous?" Jimin asked already thinking of what to give him for good luck.

"Not so much," Jungkook said settling down in front of him again. "Well maybe science."

"Is there something you want?" he asked Jungkook.

Last year he had given Jungkook a batch of chocolate chip cookies. The year before that he had given him a neck pillow with fresh scents to help him relax.

"If I pass can you come and visit me?" Jungkook asked.

"Of course!" Jimin replied.

"Thank-you for your patience." the intercom went on again. "We will be departing in five minutes."

"Finally!" Jimin smiled.

"What are your plans?" Jungkook asked.

"Well besides spending time with my family," Jimin said thinking it over before giving a wide greedy grin, "practice so that I can be Number 1!"

"You should practice that song I gave you." Jungkook said, "So we can record it when we go back."

"The one with Charlie Pluth?" Jimin asked humming the chorus.

"Yes that one!" Jungkook added excitedly.

"I don't think it would be that great." Jimin said sincerely, having bad flashbacks to when Nam-joon had asked him to perform Lie.

"I heard you sing your heart out at the concert." Jungkook said, "I am convinced now more than ever."

Jimin looked away before turning his gaze back on Jungkook. "I'll practice it."

"Great!"

"I won't give you any promises." Jimin laughed.

The train started off again.

"Do you have any new music on your phone?" Jimin asked, in desperate need of music and dancing as he watched the snow pass them by tentatively.

Jungkook grabbed and searched for something before a song came on. It was in English and Jimin didn't even began to understand what it said, but the beat seemed to echo his previous insecurities.

"I like this." Jimin said after a while, "who sings this?"

"Shawn Mendes," Jungkook said, "it's called Treat You Better"

"Play it again." Jimin instructed.

He stood up and shook his body a little. He moved his body, slow, judging his surroundings, not enough space, but enough to dance if he was careful. The beat picked up, and he moved one leg over the other, isolating his movements from quick to slow feeling the music. Letting the beats direct his movements, breathing hard, and he twirl hard before dropping onto solid half squat moving onto a body roll from his feet all the way to his head. He rolled his neck. Jimmin dropped his head back before hitting on the next beat hard with a quick pop. He let his body move slow again, and just when he wanted to go at it again his feet took him stumbling to his seat.

Jimin laughed as he fell all the way to the ground. He felt the tears drop as he slouched, the song still playing in the background. He felt Jungkook moved down to the ground with him.

"You're in love with Hyung." Jungkook finally said what they had been avoiding to say.

"Yes." Jimin admitted between a sob. "I hate losing."

"I know." Jungkook whispered.

"I will be fine." Jimin said and rested his head on Jungkook's shoulder.

"I know." Jungkook whispered again and rested his head on Jimin's head.

The music from Jungkook's phone played for the next thirty minutes undisturbed until they heard the conductor announced that they had arrived at Busan.

"Thank you." Jimin said softly.

Jungkook kissed his cheek, "Because you keep asking."

Jimin blinked rapidly before hitting Jungkook on the arm pushing the younger man away.

"Come here so that I can beat you!" Jimin said as Jungkook dashed quickly out of the compartment with Jimin hot on his heels.

Just as he had thought, Jungkook was like a wandering kite without a string. Dangerous. Yet, comforting.

He was however very glad to finally see his dad waiting for them at the platform.

"We need to take this one home." Jimin explained, "he followed me like a little puppy."

"He keeps offering me food." Jungkook explained in turn.

They teased each other all the way to the car, as Jimin's dad helped them put their bags into the car. As they were getting in however, when Jimin's dad wasn't looking, Jimin reached out and tapped his cheek with his index finger smiling at Jungkook, he blew him a quick kiss, before sliding into the passenger seat feeling flustered. He saw through the passenger's mirror that Jungkook was smiling and messing with his hair. Jimin knew then, that Jungkook was nervous. This could be fun. This could be refreshing, this could be his own path to happiness, and he knew better now.

Love yourself a little bit more. Nam-joon had said to him.

I will. He promised.

I will. He oathed.

 

The End

Author's Note part two: Thank you for reading this. Did you like it?