Chapter 9 - Loneliness

With a Smile

Day 4

No stop. That’s it. If I come closer, you’re gonna be out of mind. No stop. Put the flowers back in. Just let the wind blow...

Bom – Bol4


The flowers are blooming. It’s been a while since Sana experienced the spring breeze. She’s too busy or lazy to go outside anyways. Families, group of friends, couples are everywhere.  “It must be nice to have someone.”

“Tzuyu, let’s go?”  The younger nodded and guided Sana to the car. The ride back home was filled with comfortable silence.


“Gym clothes for you guys. Cool sunglasses for Mr. Lee.” Sana puts the sunglasses on Mr. Lee and asked him to pose several times. The girl eventually gave a thumbs up.

“Wow! You look younger Mr. Lee!” Heechul said while clapping like a seal.

“And to Ms. Cherry with delicate hands. Here’s a hand lotion for you madame.” Sana handed the lotion to Heechul like how a servant would give something to their master. “Gracias Señorita.” Heechul said with class but soon came back to his usual self when he saw that Sana actually bought his favorite brand. “KYAAAAHH!!!!! Oh my God! The sense of this girl! Tzuyu the best thing you ever did in your life is to bring this girl here. Thank you, Sana! My birthday is on July 10!” Tzuyu smack the older for having no conscience. Sana just laughed it off and gave Heechul an okay sign.

“And to our cooking mama – Ms. Park! Customized apron for you.” Sana hugged the older tightly. “Thank you for taking care of me while I’m here. I really enjoyed every dish you made. Also, for teaching me how to cook even though I failed big time.” Ms. Park thanked the younger and wore the apron immediately.

“We spent the whoooooole day looking for the ‘right’ apron for you. It really tired me out.” Tzuyu made a side comment, breaking the atmosphere. “What a great way to ruin the mood Chou.” Sana eyed Tzuyu, making the younger shiver. In the end Tzuyu made an eye contact with Ms. Park, and asked for help. The older quickly understand and winked. “This is really pretty Sana. I appreciate it very well. Also, thank you for taking our big dog outside.” Ms. Park said earning a laugh from everyone except the said big dog. “Ms. Park!!!!”


After the gift giving session, the three went to the other house to hang out. Heechul and Sana are singing in the karaoke system installed at the recording studio. Heechul who just finished his 10th song, passed the microphone to Sana. He then went downstairs to get more beer. Meanwhile, Tzuyu was just watching the two get wasted. The upbeat songs played by Heechul a while ago was now changed into slow songs. Tzuyu just listened to Sana singing her heart out.

Lonely – Bol4

만약 눈빛이

향해 있었더라면

만약 대답을

들을 있었더라면

이렇게까지

미워하진 않았을 같아

이렇게까지

외로워하진 않았을 같아

 

(If then your eyes

If they had been looking at me

If then you answered

Had I been able to hear it

 

So far

I think I would not hate it

So far

I would not have been lonely)

 

Baby I’m so lonely

나는 너무 외로웠었던 거야

네게 없던 시간들이

내게 모진 것들야

 

(Baby I’m so lonely

I was so lonely then

At that time, you did not know

That something was so hard on me)

 

여전히

여전히

You leave me in sorrow

You leave me in sorrow

 

(Would you still

Would you still

You leave me in sorrow

You leave me in sorrow)

 

You make me cry

You break me down

니가 있어야 했던

손길도 어떤 것도

안아주지 했었던 거야

 

(You make me cry

You break me down

If you were where you were supposed to be

If you touched anything

If you could not hug me…)

 

Sana couldn’t continue the song anymore. A lone tear escaped from her lovely eyes. Maybe it’s the alcohol that triggered her to feel all the emotions she’s been keeping these past few days. She looked at the girl across her, who is already looking at her. Sana tried to hide everything with a faint smile. Afraid to explain anything, she averted the situation by asking a question to Tzuyu.

“Tzuyu are you still in contact with your friend?” Tzuyu was dumbfounded with the question. But she can’t ignore the fact that it brought back some memories, especially that they are in the recording studio.


Flashback

It’s a breezy afternoon but of course, rather than enjoying the weather outside, Ms. Chou Tzuyu is inside her mansion, studying. However, the said girl can’t be found inside her study room but instead in the recording studio with another girl.

“Chou, what do you think of the song?” The girl asked while fiddling her guitar, still adjusting some notes.

“It’s fine.” Tzuyu answered half-heartedly, still focused on studying. “Yah! I’m expecting smart answers from you! Will you stop studying for a while? Your girlfriend needs attention Ms. Chou.” The girl whined, which effectively gained Tzuyu’s attention. “You know music is not my thing Chaeng. I can’t give you detailed comments like play the piano or violin on this part, or an instrumental would be better on this part rather repeating the hook. You’re better than me.” Tzuyu said putting her eyeglasses down while closing her notebook. She went closer to her girlfriend and hugged her. The said girlfriend reciprocated the hug but obviously still in daze. “Hey Chaeng. What’s wrong?” Tzuyu asked while waving her hand in front of the girl. The girl finally snapped back in reality and hugged Tzuyu again, this time tighter. “Daebak! My girl never disappoints! You just gave me the greatest idea ever.” She releases the giant from the hug and cupped her cheeks lovingly. “Really? I’m clueless but ‘yay’ I guess?” Tzuyu gave her a toothy smile which earned her a kiss on the cheek. The girl stayed on Tzuyu’s lap, locking Tzuyu in her arms. “While we’re on it. Can you do me a favor?” The girl asked. Tzuyu motioned her to just continue speaking. “Sing it for me.” Tzuyu almost dropped her girlfriend upon hearing her request. “Son Chaeyoung, you know I’m not fond of singing.” Tzuyu argued. Just for the demo Chou. You’re not fond of singing but girl you can sing! Remember how I melted the last time you sing for me? Please~” Tzuyu saw the determination in Chaeyoung’s eyes. Right then, she knew that there’s no point in arguing. “Fine. I’ll do it. This is the last time I’ll sing for your demo, okay?” Chaeyoung just smiled and proceeded in preparing for the recording. They started recording after a few arrangements. “Don’t be nervous Chou! You’ll do great.”

Alone – Chaeyoung (TWICE)/ Dalchong (CHEEZE)

커피 매일 우리 즐겨

오늘은 혼자

아직까지 붙어 있는 우리 첫날 쪽지

까마득한 기억 모습이

왠지 보기 좋아 보였던 같아

거기 몀춰 있는 외로운

지금의 모습이 두려워

다른 길로만 걷기도 했고

멀리 돌아서 와도 제자린데

여긴 아무도 내가 혼자인지도 몰라

원래 없던 사람처럼 조용해

 

(The place where we always go to have a cup of coffee

I'm here alone today

The note of our first day is still there

The image is my distant memory

Somehow looked really good

I become afraid of my current image

Where loneliness has stopped at that time

Even though I've walked on other streets

Even when I turn around and come in a distance, it's always in its place

No one here would even know that I'm alone

It's quiet as if it's someone didn't exist at all)


“Who would’ve thought that it would really be the last song.” Tzuyu smiled bitterly. “Tzuyu?” Sana called for Tzuyu who’s been staring at the ground.

 

“I’M BACK ES!!!!” Heechul thankfully entered the room. He noticed the awkward atmosphere. “D-drinks? What’s with the atmosphere?” The two ain’t saying anything. Sana is somehow sorry for asking Tzuyu that question. While the other girl is still not fully recovered from the flashback. “Hmmm. Did I interrupt something huh~ huh?” Heechul asked in a suggestive tone, which made the tall girl snapped back in reality. She immediately throws hands at the older guy. “YAH YAH YAH! No need to be violent! Let’s just get back to the party! Come on DJ pump this party!”


Tzuyu drove Sana back to her apartment (technically, it’s Mr. Lee). She tried to convince the latter to just stay in for the night since she had too much drinks. However, the squirrel did not take the offer, saying that it’s already too much for her to stay for another night. Tzuyu did not argue anymore, instead she insisted to bring the girl back home, which the squirrel is thankful for since she really can’t manage going home alone at this state.

“Sana we’re here. Let me help you get in your unit.” Tzuyu took Sana’s right her arm and placed it over her shoulder while she uses her other hand to support her body. Meanwhile, Mr. Lee carried Sana’s belongings which includes her handbag and another paper bag.

Tzuyu successfully placed Sana on the couch. She would like to put her on the bed, but then again, she doesn’t want to invade the other’s privacy. So, she settled the drunk girl on the couch. “Sana, do you think you can manage from here?” Sana nodded and gave her an okay sign, even though she’s struggling to open her eyes. “We’re going now. Call me if you need anything.” Sana suddenly grabbed Tzuyu’s arm. “Wait. I need to give your gift.” Sana said, tapping all over the couch, trying to reach for the paper bag. “Gotcha. Hmmm. Here!” Sana raised the paper bag trying her best to stand up and give it to Tzuyu. The tall girl reached for the gift and opened it. “A stuffed toy?” Tzuyu wonders. “Yes! A shiba inu to be exact. I ordered it online, since I can’t buy anything a while ago for you because you’ll obviously see it. And yeah right, that’s me. Shiba inu. So you won’t miss me child.” Sana explained in a matter of fact tone.

“Thank you, Sana. I’ll go ahead so you can rest already. Again, call me if you need anything. Take care. Lock the door. Bye”


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu looked at the doll beside her and picked it up. “Tss. What am I a child?” Tzuyu then smiled and placed it on her lap.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the phone

 

Hello.

Hello eonni? You called?

How are you? How is she?

I’m fine eonni. Oh, I met her today, luckily.

Really? Any information on the woman who's with her these past few days?

Well, she’s not her girlfriend. If that’s what you want to know.

Okay. I’ll call again. Take care kid.

Bye…


Author's Note

Hello! It's been a while. It took me a while to update huh. I've already had an idea on the flow of the story until the end. But then, It already took months since I first started this fic, I can't remember my ideas well and it kept on changing. Another thing is that writing long chapters gives me a lot of pressure i guess, which is maybe the greatest factor on why I'm too lazy to update. So I've decided to just write in short chapters. That would also prevent me from shifting ideas. Also, it's easier for me to write if I'm down (?). Maybe because I started this fic when I had a breakdown.

Anyway, another character was unlocked (tho it was obvious, that chaeng is the ex gf)! And who are the people talking on the phone????

#WAS_SaTzu