Chapter 6 - Actions

With a Smile

Day 2

8 AM

It’s a one fine day in Tzuyu’s place. The sun is up, the sky is clear, and there’s a squirrel in the yard surrounded by the house male staff. “H-here’s your water Ms. Sana.” All the guys offered a bottle of water to the squirrel. ”Oh thanks. Phew. That jog was intense!” Sana grabbed one of the water bottle then went inside the house. The male staff are now gushing on the pretty girl.

“She said thanks bro!”

“I know bro. She said it was intense! She barely finished a lap around the yard though. She’s a funny one."

“It’s been a while since we had a guest here. We’re acting like idiots.”

Sana decided to freshen up after her intense morning jog. She recalled what Ms. Park said yesterday. “Sana, you don’t need to fix her personal problems. She just needs you to be there for her – support her, while she works on it.” Suddenly, an idea crossed her mind.

”Okay, that’s it. I think I know what to do.” The squirrel sprinted downstairs to find Ms. Park. “Ms. Park! Ms. Park! I have few questions regarding Tzuyu!” Ms. Park gave her a questioning look. “I promise this is no big deal.” The older signaled her to go ahead and ask.

“What’s her favorite food?” – She likes bread

“Favorite color?” – Indigo

“Favorite character?” – Yoda

“Favorite animal?” – Dog

“Favorite place?” – A quiet place

“Hobby?” Ms. Park had enough and gave her a glare.

“Okay okay! I’ll stop! Thank you Ms. Park! Now you need to help me with something.” Ms. Park sighed. She already observed that the squirrel is a cheerful one but the amount of energy she’s showing right now is on another level. You can’t blame her she’s been living with a quiet kid for years. “What is it dear?”

“I want to cook for Tzuyu.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ms. Park burst out laughing.

 

“Ms. Park!!! You meanie~ That’s why I asked for your help right?!” The older patted Sana’s shoulder and lead her to the kitchen, still laughing.


9 AM

The duo prepared a simple American breakfast for everyone. Thankfully, no casualties happened during the preparation. Sana wanted to pursue a breakfast in bed concept, so the squirrel went upstairs to deliver the food. “Tzuyu, are you up? Can you please open the door? Breakfast is ready.”

Tzuyu opened the door and saw Sana carrying a tray with what she assumed her breakfast. “Hm.. Sana? What’s going on?” Sana just entered her room placing the tray in her bed. The squirrel then taps the bed indicating that the tall girl should went back to the bed. “I made you breakfast.” Tzuyu was shocked. First, she’s touched with the gesture but can’t apprehend the purpose of it. Second, she’s scared. Sana and cooking don't seem to be a good fit. “Hey I know that look. For your information, Ms. Park helped me. So you don’t need to worry. Hmp.” The squirrel said while pouting. Tzuyu then proceeded to taste her breakfast praying she won’t get sick after. After the first bite, she realized that the squirrel really cooked it and Ms. Park just helped. It’s edible. It doesn’t taste like the usual but it’s fine. She looked at Sana and it seems like the girl is waiting for her judgment. “It’s okay Sana. Thank you. Here, you should also eat.” Sana refused to eat. She told Tzuyu that she already had her breakfast while preparing. “Eat well Tzu. Before I forget, I’ll be taking you out this afternoon.” The squirrel said before closing the door, which left the tall girl baffled.


11 AM

Sana went to Tzuyu’s study room to borrow her laptop as she needs to do something for her work. Tzuyu told her that her laptop is in her own room. She points at the table across and told the girl that she can just use her desktop if she wants. Sana then decided to just use the desktop and began doing her work. However, the squirrel got side tracked and is now watching some clips from a certain Korean Survival Show, completely forgetting that there’s a certain person with yoda-like ears in the same room (can’t blame the squirrel – the study room was so silent for the whole hour she spent on working). The clueless squirrel is now enjoying the performances, humming and doing some dance moves together. Tzuyu closed her book. What’s the point of reading when it’s too loud. She is now judging the shiba inu-looking girl who even had the guts to turn the volume up. “Ehem!” Sana was startled. “Oh Tzuyu! You’re still there.” Tzuyu was dumbfounded because the said shiba inu just continued her fangirling moments.

“I thought we’re going out?” Tzuyu wanted Sana to stop so that they can prepare to go out already.

“Just a few minutes Tzu! Come over here and watch.” Tzuyu sighed.

“You’ve been replaying it Sana. I can even sing the song!” Sana smirked.

“Oh really? Okay I’ll stop if you sing some of it!” Sana insisted that she will just move if Tzuyu sings the part of the song she’s been replaying endlessly.

Feeling alone in this dark dark night
Your soft breath,
This moment, warmly entwines me in your presence
I want you to know all my tremors

Sana’s jaw dropped. Tzuyu effortlessly nailed it. The said yoda goes to Sana to close her jaw and wipe her non-existent drool, turning the shiba inu back to reality. “That’s Tzuyu for you.” Tzuyu said with a smug face and exits the room.


2 PM

Tzuyu and Sana are now downstairs preparing to leave. “So are you going to have your dinner outside or here?” Ms. Park asked the two. “I think we’ll be having our dinner outside. Since this kiddo rarely goes out.” Sana replied to the older. “Okay. The car is already here. Go ahead and enjoy kids.” Ms. Park said sending them off.

“Why are you wearing a mask Tzu? Are you sick?” Sana then touched the taller girl’s forehead to feel her temperature, but it seems normal. “Is that part of your fashion? Are you a celebrity or something?” Sana said in a teasing tone. Tzuyu just shrugged off the question. “Anyway, in case that the reason is that you don’t want to be seen, you can take it off now. We’re just going to the library. I don’t think the people there care about their surroundings.” Tzuyu smiled as she heard where they’ll be going. “A library?” Although Sana hates reading, she has decided to bring the tall girl to the library. She knows that Tzuyu’s study room is like a mini library already. However, she wanted to take the girl out. She thinks that it’s unhealthy for the tall girl to just stay in the house.

The two arrived in the library after a few minutes. The library is a modern one. The architecture and interior are good, the books are all neatly arranged, and there’s even a café at the basement. They walked for a little bit to study the place. Most of the people in the library are students. The place was actually built to accommodate students. The library and the café downstairs are all open 24/7. Also, most of the books are reference materials for different levels and courses. After their little tour, Tzuyu found a place for them to sit at the corner of the room. Tzuyu was engrossed in reading in an instant. Sana was surprised to see a stack of book in front of Tzuyu.

“Wow. She’s going to read all of that? Is she planning to spent the night here.” She then approached their table with a book in hand and positioned herself opposite Tzuyu. “The Psychology Book. Really, Sana?” Tzuyu shook her head. “Why? What’s wrong with that? Maybe it would help me understand myself, other people or see things in other perspective.”


4 PM

Sana was long gone in their table. The squirrel was bored to death, so she decided to wander in the library. Her feet brought her to the café. There she saw a bunch of kids listening to the story-teller. The squirrel loves kids, so she can’t help but to squeal internally seeing the little ones actively participating in the story telling. She was watching for a few good minutes when she observed that there’s a kid sitting alone at the corner. Sana approached the staff nearby and asked. She found out that the kid’s mom is a single parent and is busy with work. The mom is actually friends with the story-teller and asked her to baby sit.

“Hello little girl!” Sana greeted, trying to start a conversation with the kid.

“Hi. My name is not little girl. I’m Yuki.” The little girl timidly responds.

“Don’t you want to play with the other kids?” Sana asked.

“Yuki is shy.” Sana then took the girl’s hand and lead her to the other kids.

“Hi kids. Yuki wants to play with you.” Sana told the other kids.

“Okay. We’re playing family. But there should only be one child per family because my mom told me that it’s hard to raise a kid. So maybe you can act as her mom so she can join.” Sana easily agreed. However, another kid protested that the family is incomplete.

“She doesn’t have a dad though.” The little girl was starting to get upset as she thought that she can’t play with the group. Sana was thinking for a good explanation when suddenly, someone lifted Yuki and kissed her on the cheek.

“She doesn’t have a dad but she has two moms. The family is now complete. Can my little girl join now?” The other ‘mom’ said. Kids being kids, just accepted it like it’s no big deal and started role playing.

“Hey thanks for the help

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu.

 

“Mommy… Mama.. Come on let’s play!”


7 PM

“Be good to your mom okay?” Sana said to Yuki who is currently in Tzuyu’s arms.

“Owkeeey Mommy. Mommy and Mama should pwamise Yuki that we’ll meet again.” Yuki said while lifting her pinky.

“You should ask your mom first baby.” Tzuyu said.

“Mom can Yuki play with Mommy and Mama again? Yuki will eat her veggies. Pwamise!” Yuki’s mom nodded. She thanked the two for taking care of her kid.

“Yuki will go now. Yuki should sleep now so that Yuki will grow like Mama. Now Mommy should kiss me here and Mama should kiss me here.” Yuki said while pointing to both of her cheeks. Sana pinched Yuki’s nose while Tzuyu smiled lovingly to the little girl. Fulfilling her wish, they kissed Yuki’s cheeks at the same time. Tzuyu handed the little girl to her mom and bid their goodbyes.


9 PM

“Tzuyu wake up. We’re home.” Sana said while tapping Tzuyu’s shoulder. However, the tall girl won’t budge. The driver said that Tzuyu must be tired because she’s usually easy to wake up. Sana then press the window button on Tzuyu’s side since the girl is leaning to the window. “Ah!” Tzuyu opened her eyes groggily. “Come on sleepyhead.” Sana dragged Tzuyu out of the car. Tzuyu is now walking like a zombie, so Sana accompanied her up to the room. “Good night Tzu~ Don’t forget to wash up before you sleep.” Sana reminded the alien. “Yeah. Thank you, Sana, for today. I enjoyed it obviously. Good night.” Tzuyu said not forgetting to give Sana a sincere smile before closing the door.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12 AM

The moon shines brightly, and the stars can be seen clearly. Sana was at the yard, staring at the night sky. The girl took the opportunity to bask in silence and solitude. She closed her eyes.

 

“I am fine.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A tear escaped from her eye.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I am fine.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She repeated to herself like a mantra.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I am not fine.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That night, instead of peace, Sana found a heavy heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The same night, someone found Sana’s heavy heart.


Author's Note

Hi! Took me long enough to update. I got the prompts ready but it's hard for me to write the whole chapter. I'm a newbie so that explains the slow updates.