Back To You

With Love, Wenrene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


A blonde grins at the brunette who was busy opening a gift box, her hands itching to engulf her in a warm hug, ones that the brunette really loves. 

 

Pulling a necklace out, she gives the blonde a questioning look. "SSW" She reads aloud, tracing the half heart-shaped necklace with the 'SSW' engraved on it. Seungwan the blonde pulls out something from her chest pocket as well, her grin still plastered adorably on her face as she shows the brunette the​ other half with 'BJH' engraved on it.

 

"Come closer." She motions Joohyun to lean forward as Seungwan connects both halves, perfectly fitting each other like puzzle pieces. Joohyun's heart fluttered, her cheeks burning. "Seungwan.."

 

"Isn't it beautiful? I mean look at it," she points at it, "It fits each other so perfectly, like you and me. We both hold a part of each other and you are my other half Joohyun, so am I to you." She shyly tells the blushing older. "Do you like it?"

 

Joohyun smiles at her and cups her cheek. "I love it." She mutters for Seungwan to hear. "But I love you more."

 

"." Seungwan cursed at the contact, forgetting about how much the kettle is practically boiling at this moment as she grazed her hand against it. ", , , , ." 

 

Joohyun..

 

Her friend, Yerim, sits on the couch snorting at her unnie. "You're in deep thoughts again. Hm, I wonder.."

 

Seungwan immediately shoots her a glare, pouring water on her burnt area and aiding it. "Shut it Yeri, I know what you're about to say." 

 

Yeri giggles. "You mean you knew I was going to talk about Irene unnie hm? So you're practically confirming it that you were thinking about her." She points an accusing finger at the shorter woman applying ointment on her hand. Seungwan didn't even bother giving her a look.

 

"Whatever makes you sleep at night kid." The only response Yerim received. The younger sighs, but her mischievous self has other plans for today. So she leans forward, clasping her hands together and grins at the blonde. 

 

"But aren't you curious unnie? Don't you want to know how she's doing now, what her job is, where she lives," Yeri started,  moving her hands to prove her point, "and maybe," she smirks, "if she still loves her first love that is the SNU's sweetheart, who by the way changed so much." Yeri frowns at her, "Why do you always push people away unnie? It's so unlike you."

 

Seungwan snickers at the younger. "Yeri." She paused to look at Yeri. "Does it even matter if a person changed? I mean, everyone changes. You did too. There are many things that can change a person and it can't be avoided Yeri." She smiles dejectedly, "And you know the reason to why I did change."

 

"You didn't have to change unnie." With a shake of the head, Seungwan proceeds to finish making her coffee, pulling her sweatpants up to tidy herself. 

 

"I'm gonna go to work Yeri, I know you have to go too. So get out of here before I call Saeron to bring you back to hell."

 

Yeri scrambled from her feet, flashed a sheepish smile and apologized before leaving in a god-like speed. Seungwan laughs to herself and continued doing her job.

 

'Joohyun, wherever you may be, please take care of yourself for me.'

 

 

 

Sooyoung frowns at the text she received from her younger friend, who by the way had spent the early morning annoying the out of Seungwan. She was at work, sitting across her best friend, who by the way again, was Son Seungwan's first love. The said woman pokes the poor leafy veggies from the salad she bought, a pout plastered on her face and her elbow propped up at the table to support her head. 

 

Yerim you
Seungwan unnie skipped breakfast again and is about to head for work. She literally ignored my advances! Damn, I swear to God one day I'll finally let her tell me the truth!
7:11AM

 

She sighs and placed her phone down to face a frowning goddess. "The food is about to slap you in the face if you keep poking it like that." Joohyun gave her a bored look instead. "Then I'd gladly slap it back."

 

Sooyoung giggles, thinking about how she taught her unnie well. "You haven't even stepped foot in your office yet but you look so haggard. What kept you up last night?" The older's cheeks dusted pink, looking away from the smirking younger. "Are you perhaps thinking about--"

 

"No!" Joohyun retorts. "No, no, no I mean, Seulgi and Yerim were in my room last night so.."

 

The younger only raised a brow in suspicion. As far as she knows, both friends were at HER house. She's definitely sure that Seulgi and Yerim spent a night in Seungwan's house, so why was Joohyun lying to her? Theories and Questions were running inside Sooyoung's mind as Joohyun continued to daydream.

 

Sooyoung didn't question further, not wanting to possibly ruin her unnie's day early in the morning.

 

But for sure, she knows that something is still bothering Joohyun after all these years.

 

And she's determined to help the two reconcile.

 

Hopefully.

 

 

After their mini talk with both sides, Yerim and Sooyoung decided to have a meeting in regards to both parties. They called over their respective girlfriends over and discussed a plan to get the two back together.

 

"They avoid each other like plague. This plan is pretty much done for." Seulgi says somehow sadly and sipping on her hot choco. Saeron only stares and lets Yeri talk. "I know, that is why me and Sooyoung made an extraordinary plan to get them back together and get married and make babie---"

 

"Okay that's too much info, Yerm." Sooyoung shuts the younger up by covering . Pouting, Yeri shoots a glare. "As we were saying, this is 99.9% effective as we are speaking. Why? Because Park Sooyoung said so, so no complaints you losers." The three gives her a disgusted look. "First of all, the grandma bae doesn't drink and has very low alcohol tolerance. She tells every secret she has, speaks utter gibberish and basically everything. So in order for us to let her drink, we must trigger something inside of her to make her thirst for something.

 

Second, we'll convince her to go with us to that club near Seungwan unnie's house. None of us should tell her that her ex is coming with us too or else our plan is over.

 

And lastly, I've encountered drunk Joohyun multiple times and she tends to sit by the bench and cry her heart out. Who knows, we might get lucky."

 

Seulgi ponders for a second, "so you're telling us to get her drunk, drive her to Seungwan's house and ditch her there. Wow, incredible 3Ds." 

 

Sooyoung throws a pillow at her, hitting her square on the face. The older pouts only. "Don't do that."

 

Saeron who kept mum all along, finally spoke up. "Don't you think it's quite dangerous if we leave Joohyun unnie alone in front of Seungwan unnie's house? I mean, we're not even sure what time she leaves her office knowing that she's a workaholic person"

 

"You have a point." Sooyoung taps her chin, pondering. "What's your plan then?"

 

"I say we steal Seungwan unnie's schedule first, maybe we'll get an opportunity like her having a dinner meeting with her CEO girl-friends. Then we'll go there and let her witness it." 

 

"So we're practically breaking Joohyun unnie's heart again." Seulgi stops for a moment before replying. "But Joohyun unnie broke Seungwan's heart first anyway."

 

"That is if she still loves her." She smirks and earned a cheer from her girlfriend. "That's my girlfriend yo!"

 

"Shut up Yerim." Seulgi smacked the younger and motioned Saeron to continue. 

 

"Usually heart broken people tends to drown themselves with alcohol to feel numb and release. We can convince Seungwan unnie to follow us after we get Joohyun unnie drunk. Then we will ditch them, as simple as that." 

 

"I like that." Sooyoung and Seulgi says simultaneously. 

 

"But babe, are you positive this'll work out well? I mean, both of our unnies aren't the same old cringey grandmas I've known since I was ten." Her girlfriend confirms, her hand squeezing the other's hand gently to reassure her.

 

"I'm positive. It's all a facade anyway."

 

The quad finally makes a decision, as Yerim hacked into her unnie's account to check her schedule, and Seulgi calling Seungwan's secretary to confirm the schedule. 

 

 

"Where are we going?" A clueless Joohyun asks as she was dragged by two of her best friends to god-knows-where. Saeron just gives her a smile while Sooyoung grins at her.

 

 "Seul's inviting us for dinner at your favorite. You know, the Black Velvet Restaurant. Don't worry about your wallet being lighter unnie, it's her treat."

 

Joohyun felt a small pinch in her heart when Sooyoung mentioned the restaurant. Black Velvet used to be hers and Seungwan's favorite go-to restaurant in college. It used to be a small restaurant but it grew to a fine, five-star looking restaurant. Ah, what an amazing restaurant indeed.

 

 But why would they go there all of a sudden at 7 in the evening?

 

She prefers to stay home, probably sleep her night away or binge watch dramas and totally not crying under her purple duvet, like what, has she ever done that? (Every night, yes.)

 

Let's try negotiating then, "But Sooyoung--"

 

The latter cuts her off immediately. "No buts unnie. We barely even hang out anymore. With you busy with your office works, Yerim is working too, Saeron with her growing career as an actress, Seulgi as a choreographer and me with my job as well." She frowns to add sympathy. "It feels like we are drifting apart slowly, and none of us wants that to happen right?"

 

Truth be told, the quad always have mini hang outs. Sometimes including Seungwan but Joohyun didn't need to know that. Joohyun usually declines their offer and locks herself in her room, doing things. 

 

She's not the type to fool around. She's already almost thirty and her job is already taking a toll on her as she gets more tired often. She needed rest, and she won't waste a second just to get a blink of sleep.

 

But she guessed tonight is an exception, with the way Saeron is pouting at her and Sooyoung continued her pleas, she sighs in defeat. It won't be so bad, it'll be just for tonight. "Fine. Let's go."

 

The duo grinned triumphantly and drifts off to the restaurant with high hopes.

 

 

Seulgi and Yeri were already by the restaurant at that time. With Seulgi reserving a table while crying for her wallet. Yerim was standing by the door waiting for the trio when Seungwan appeared, donning a fine crisp grey suit, a few of her CEO friends from other companies trailing behind and recognizing Yeri. The Son CEO tells them to go inside first as she interrogates the younger. 

 

"Yeri? What are you doing here?" The confused CEO asks. "Did you perhaps hacked my account again? Bribed my secretary or something for your personal needs?" 

 

Yeri feigned hurt as she placed a hand over her chest dramatically. "I do not do that!" But the look of Seungwan's face show disinterest and unamused. Grumbling, she resigned. "Okay fine, maybe I did. Happy?" 

 

Seungwan's face softened. "You didn't have to act in front of me kid, I know you so well."

 

The younger giggles. "I guess you do."

 

"So what did you want?" She loosened her tie and gave it to Yeri. Automatically meaning to bring it to her tomorrow or someday since she was a lazy one. 

 

Placing an arm around Seungwan, she grins toothily. "It's been awhile since we drank heaven with Seul-unnie no? What do you say about having a mini drink fest later? My treat." 

 

She felt the older tensed, "I don't know Yerm, You know that I'm a busy person." 

 

. She cursed inwardly. Yerim does not give up. "Please unnie? I swear we won't get that -faced. Please?" Use your puppy eyes! Unnie can't resist that! "I'll be nicer to you!"

 

Seungwan shrugs. "You always tell me that."

 

"I promise to you this time unnie! Just--- I miss our usual friday night drinking session. Our last one was years ago and I am dying to go to TWICE bar again." Ah, the TWICE bar where a minor Yeri, heartbroken Seulgi and frustrated Seungwan used to frequent in the past. How long has it been? 

 

The way Yerim seems as if she was in the brink of tears, she gave in. After all, Yerim was like a younger sister to her already and her heart is weak for her. "Alright. Stop looking like a kicked puppy. What time?" 

 

Yerim calculated the time estimated for Joohyun to be drunk, "Around 9:30, maybe? You're free tomorrow so it wouldn't be a problem." 

 

Resigning, she sighs. "I'll be there. Just make sure this isn't some sort of prank or else you're going to get it." 

 

Yeri grins and hops over to Seulgi when the young CEO disappeared. "Step 1, done."

 

 

Around the circular table sits Seungwan, Tzuyu-- a CEO from the Chou Perfumes with her wife Sana, Jennie-- the owner of the Black Velvet restaurant along with her wife too, Jisoo. A few of her friends sat as well as they dined in peace, enjoying how the food tastes perfectly on their taste buds. 

 

"So Seungwan, any girls that caught your attention yet?" Taeyeon asks from her seat, grinning like the kid she is. Her other friends pressed on further too. Most of them anticipated her answer but Jennie shot her a knowing glance, expressing her worries in a short amount of time. Jisoo did too and nudged her wife to say something when Seungwan didn't seem to be answering any time soon. 

 

Jennie sighs, "Hey, hey, let's not get her pressured now. She's still busy with her job so let's not pester her alright?" 

 

"Oh c'mon Son, you're already 25! You should be enjoying life at this point or maybe settle down, start a family of your own. Everyone wants that." Jeongyeon added with a frown. 

 

Yeah, of course I'd want that too. But with who? Seungwan just smiles and takes a sip of her wine. "I'll get there somehow, but not now. The company needs me."

 

The others spoke their opinions and even planned to introduce Seungwan to a few ladies but she politely declined, saying that she's not interested. Jennie and Jisoo could only keep mum, giving Seungwan a reassuring smile every once and awhile.

 

The dinner ended at exactly 9 and Seungwan thinks it's the perfect time for her to leave the restaurant. But the owners pulled her back, saying that they should have a chit-chat about how things are going on in her life. 

 

"Nothing much. It's been the same for 4 years." 

 

Jisoo hands her a plate of Joohyun's favorite carrot cake. She ate it, remembering how Joohyun would pester her to bake it for her, or just stop by Jisoo's to pester her instead and feed Seungwan with it. She chuckled when she remembered Joohyun attempting to bake one for her, but ends up being a messy heap of burnt dough. Seungwan had to console the bunny the whole day telling her to just stick with her thing. Joohyun became extra clingy that day too.

 

Jennie just smiles knowingly when the latter seemed to drift off into space. "You're still missing her."

 

Seungwan doesn't say anything, but the duo knew everything.

 

"Do you think she completely forgot about me and moved on?" There was only pure sadness in her tone as she twirls the fork in her hand.

 

"Of course not unnie, you meant so much to her." 

 

"Then why?" Her voice cracked, indicating that the tears she had been holding in for so long would finally break free. 

 

Seungwan, you promised to yourself you wouldn't cry like a anymore.

 

The couple doesn't say anything but engulfs her in a tight, warm embrace. Seungwan might be older but the sense of familiarity was there, it was as if it was her parents whom she talked to, who gave her the warmth she needed. "Everything was a mistake unnie."

 

"Thank you guys, you never failed to make me feel better." Seungwan smiles as a tear dropped. "I should pay you guys some other time." 

 

Jisoo giggles, "D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter