Chapter 3

Mist of the Realms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoping that everything was just a dream, Yujin woke up the next morning. However, the moment she opened her eyes she knew that things were very real. She was still in the red bedroom and she was wearing the loose plain black long-sleeved shirt and the pair of black shorts that the boys gave her. She had thought about what Mingyu had said—it seemed to be a big joke but it was not impossible either judging from the fact that they really were fighting against shadows. Still, she envisioned demons with devil horns and long tail. She also imagined that they were some red scary people.

She stood up and awkwardly made her way to the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom—it was because the room was a guest room, Jeonghan explained to her the night before.

Because she was too distracted to observe the bathroom the night before, she had failed to notice its medieval black and white motif—in accordance to the room’s black and red medieval motif. She washed her face using and then she brushed her teeth using the toothbrush that Jeonghan gave her the night before. As she did so, her mind was thinking about hundreds of things—from the untouched Biology books inside her purple backpack that was (thankfully) placed beside the red bed to the events that had happened in her life in just one night.

She pondered on whether she should leave the bedroom or not as she made her way out of the bathroom. To her surprise, she saw Jeonghan waiting for her with his usual soft smile. Unlike his casual attire the night before, he was wearing a black long-sleeved polo shirt and a pair of black jeans.

“Yujin,” Jeonghan uttered her name as if they were close. “You better head downstairs now since Mingyu already cooked our breakfast. The others are also waiting downstairs to meet you.”

“The others?” Yujin asked. “Demons?”

Jeonghan froze for a moment. “Did Mingyu already tell you about us? About what we are?” He asked right after regaining is composure.

Yujin felt a bit bad for surprising Jeonghan so she hastily asked. “I wouldn’t tell anybody else, I swear… am I not supposed to know anything about it?”

Jeonghan shook his head, giving her a reassuring smile. “Nah, I’m just surprised that you are so calm about this. I mean, if I were you, I would still be pretty shaken.”

In reality, Yujin was still pretty shaken—that term itself was an understatement to be honest. She was just too used to acting calm. “I am shaken.” She admitted. “However, I think that things are yet to sink inside my head. Maybe I’ll freak out later.” She added, forcing a chuckle to come out of . “You… are you all really demons?”

Jeonghan nodded his head. “Is it hard to believe? I mean, it is a given that humans think that demons are some ugly creatures but we are not like that, right?” He grinned upon finishing his sentence.

Yujin did not bother to deny anything—because there was no point in denying something real. “Another thing, aren’t demons supposed to be… you know, a little mean?”

“I don’t know what you, humans, thought of us. We’re no monsters and we are not as bad as you think. We’re kinda like humans except we have greater abilities and we fight a battle different from studying. This is the same as gods and goddesses—they are no perfect being. They’re just like humans.” Jeonghan explained. “However, there is indeed the Perfect One in Paradise but no one have seen that person.”

Before Yujin could open to say something, the door burst open, revealing an annoyed Woozi who was dressed just like Jeonghan. “What’s taking you guys so long? You know that it’s so hard to control excited teenage boys, right?”

“Look at you, Woozi, you are always angry.” Jeonghan commented. “You need to learn how to keep calm.” He scolded Woozi before turning his attention back to Yujin. “I know that it is still unreal for you so why don’t we go downstairs now? It may help in clearing your mind.”

 

 

Even though Jeonghan said that going downstairs may help in clearing Yujin’s mind, things get even more chaotic in the dining hall. The hall, as expected, was huge, adorned with several expensive furniture—the dining table itself seemed to be made out of the finest marble materials. Appreciating the beauty of the dining hall was quite hard when there were several rowdy boys around—there was fire and water being thrown around, some dogs of different sizes freely walked around, and some things were flying around.

“Uh…” Yujin began.

“Finally! She’s here!” Seokmin cheered. “Stop the commotion, guys.”

“What commotion are you talking about? This is a normal event!” Someone yelled from across the room.

“My ears are hurting! You know that I am sensitive to noises, right?” A Western looking guy from the end of the table complained.

“Then, cover your ears.” Someone retorted.

The boys continued to talk loudly and creating commotion. Out of the bunch of boys, Yujin only knew Seokmin who was also participating in the loudness, Minghao who was arguing with someone, and S.coups who looked so done. Mingyu was nowhere to be found. All the boys were clothed in black shirts and black pants that you would actually believe that they were heading to a funeral—except they were less serious.

Jeonghan, who was still standing beside Yujin along with Woozi, laughed awkwardly. “So, these boys were a little too energetic today.” He forced himself to chuckle.

“They are always that rowdy.” Woozi retorted.

All of a sudden, all of the boys—with the exception of Woozi, S.coups, and Jeonghan—were already on the floor groaning. Everything happened in a split second that Yujin could not even blink. “W-what?” She managed to utter, confused. She could only listen to the painful groans and grunts of the boys.

“Gee, thanks, Mingyu.” S.coups sighed in relief, turning to the large door.

Yujin turned around only to see Mingyu already heading to the dining hall, looking so pissed off. He was wearing plain black shirt but he had a black coat over it. He also wore a pair of black ripped jeans.

“What’s with these guys? I only left to answer a phone call then you already created a mess inside the precious dining hall? When will you grow up?” Mingyu could only reprimand them although it was obvious that no one bothered to listen.

Yujin was still dumbfounded—what just happened?

“That’s one of Mingyu’s abilities. He can harm others without touching them through telekinesis.” Jeonghan nicely explained. “Don’t worry though, those idiots aren’t dead yet.”

Mingyu cleared his throat, resting both his hands on Yujin’s shoulders. “Listen, guys, this is Yujin, the one I told you about. She’s already confused so stop confusing her any further and just let her eat in peace.” He instructed. “Let her occupy an empty seat.”

 

 

Breakfast was awkward for Yujin. She was sitting in between Seokmin and Mingyu right across Minghao. It was supposed to be normal but the other boys kept on looking at her as if she had done something incredible—they had heard of the incident with the shadows, sure, but it was not anything incredible for Yujin. They also tried to introduce themselves but it was a total chaos so they all gave up.

“I can go home today, right?” Yujin nudged Mingyu after contemplating if she was supposed to ask Mingyu or Seokmin. Thinking about it, Mingyu seemed more mature so she asked him instead.

Mingyu turned to her, eating a spoonful of rice, and nodded his head. “Yes but with a few—okay, several—reminders.”

“Reminders?” Yujin asked.

“Ask S.coups. He’s the eldest so we listen to him the most.” Mingyu simply shrugged his shoulders.

Hearing himself being mentioned, S.coups turned his attention to Yujin. “Do you have any questions?”

“When can I go home?” Yujin bluntly asked. If she were to leave right away, she could still pretend that everything was a dream. “No offense, you guys are very welcoming but I want to go home.”

“Shouldn’t you ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter