Chapter One

Into The Wild
CHAPTER ONE
 
Present Day
 
There it goes again.
 
I have abnormal senses than most people do. It’s weird. Sometimes, I can’t help but feel that I’m somewhat a super hero with super powers. I was caught up in that delusion when I was young so I’ve been very callous and reckless which earned me a lot of trips to the clinic or sometimes even to the hospital. When my callousness and recklessness almost got me killed, it then hit me that I was no super hero. I was just an ordinary kid with abnormal senses.
 
You’d think having the experience of facing death once would stop me from being reckless as what my parents always call it but no, it didn’t. It only stopped me believing I was extraordinary. The others think otherwise, though. I just let them be. It made me feel cool. It made me popular. It made girls easy to get.
 
Anyone who’s the same age all thought the same time thing - cool. They all think it was cool I escaped death at such a young age to the point that I was dubbed as the real life Harry Potter - the boy who lived. Although there’s no Voldemort in my life and I don’t have a wand or a flying broom stick or a half-giant friend.
 
I go to a normal high school. I have well, as normal as they could be teenage friends and classmates. Both of my parents are still alive. But let me say it again, I have abnormal senses. It proved both a curse and a blessing. I could hear, smell and see things clearly from a distance compared to most people. I also have this weird feeling everytime there’s danger lurking around me.
 
Now this leads me back to what I felt again. I knew I’m being stalked for months now. I’ve sensed being watched everyday for the past couple of months although I didn’t feel any danger lurking around but that has changed three days ago. Three days ago, I started having the same feeling I had when I was a kid just when I almost got killed. Back then, my young mind didn’t know how to interpret the feeling but now I know.
 
I’m still being watched but something has changed. I can’t explain it but I just. . . feel it. There’s something about the air which was making me feel uneasy. DANGER. I heard it even before my brain processed it. Instincts made me duck as the whistling sound filled my ears. Like in slow motion, I watched as what seemed to be a tiny syringe went past by me. With my focus on the tiny thing, it was too late to react for what seem to be several tiny needles coming my way. Hey, I might have unusual instincts and abnormal senses than most people do but I’m not a trained soldier or fighter.
 
“Oh ,” I muttered as I felt at least five tiny pricks in different parts of my body. “You’ve got to be kidding me,” were my last words before darkness consumed me.
 
 
 
“I don’t think he’s planning of waking up anytime soon,” I heard someone said.
 
“What do you think he is?”
 
“I can’t really tell,” another answered. “I can’t really smell anything from him. I don’t he’s shifted yet.”
 
“Fools!” a harsher and huskier voice scolded. “All of us here in this wretched container are wolves, what do you think he would be?”
 
“Oooh, a wolf then?”
 
“How stupid can you get?”
 
“Did you just call me stupid?!”
 
“I think so?”
 
Snaps and growls soon filled my ears and I was damn curious to open my eyes but I don’t seem to have the strength to do so yet.
 
“Shut it!” the harsh voice snapped and in an instant, there was nothing but eerie silence. I waited for more. Were they talking in codes? I mean, what’s with the words shifted and wolf? But there was nothing but silence for the next couple of minutes.
 
“How long have we been traveling?” someone asked, breaking the silence which made me grateful. The silence was too much to take that I was close to losing my mind.
 
“Roughly 12 hours,” the harsh-voiced person answered, whom I assumed might be somewhat the leader of the group.
 
“Wow, 12 hours and we’re still traveling? Where on earth are they taking us, to the end of the world?”
 
“I won’t be surprise if that’s where they’ll take us.”
 
“Cool!” the person who was called stupid exclaimed. “But what’s cooler is this guy sleeping for 12 hours straight without even flinching even after we him and all.”
 
?! Did I just hear him say ?!
 
The word seemed to have given me back my lost strength because I found myself slowly blinking my eyes open.
 
“Look. look. look! He just opened his eyes!” the stupid one excitedly exclaimed and I think I heard him clapped.
 
I felt it first before I saw it - being surrounded. It took some time for my eyes to adjust to the darkness but even so, I could see eight faces staring down at me. I stared at them staring down at me. Four of them were grinning down at me, two had a frown on their faces while the other two looked as if they’re trying to figure me out. “Where the hell am I and who the are you guys?”
 
“He loves swearing! I like him already!” one of the smiling faces said. “I’m Jung Daehyun, from the Howling Moon Pack. These are Lee Hohyeon, Yoo Siwoo, Kim Kangmin and Kim Jisung - all from the same pack as I am. We’re all betas, as you can see. How about you? What’s your name? What pack are you from. I mean you’re a wolf too, are you? Sorry to ask, I hope you’re not offended, I’m just really curious since I can’t really tell what you are. I mean, sure, we’re all wolves here so it’s safe to assume that you’re a wolf too but who knows, they might have put in someone from a different clan just for the fun of it.”
 
I just blinked at him. My brain processing his words. I’m usually a fast thinker but for some reason, my brain cells chose to not respond to whatever mumblings he just said.
 
“I think you shocked him,” the kid called Kangmin answered.
 
“You talk too much for a wolf,” the guy to my left grumbled. “I’m Dong Youngbae grateful to say that I’m not from the same pack as this talkative idiot. Sadly, this stupid one here, Mino, is from the same pack as I am, Moon Fist Pack. Betas.”
 
“Choi Siwon, alpha, Eternal Moon Pack.”
 
“I’m Kwon Jiyong,” I introduced myself. I think I’ve just been thrown into a pack of lunatics. “I don’t belong to any packs, I belong to myself and i think you’ve all gone crazy.”
 
They all exchanged looks with each other, except the guy Siwon. He kept his eyes on me although I could see it narrowed into slits and I think it changed colors. Oh my God, I might have gone crazy as well. Something must have been put in those needles to drive us mad.
 
“You’re human?” Mino asked, his jaw dropping.
 
“That can’t be right,” Daehyun contested.
 
“Have you ever shifted?” Simon asked.
 
I didn’t want to answer. I wanted to roll my eyes and scoff but there was something about the way he was staring at me and the way he asked the question which made me feel like I should get my act together and answer straightaway or else I’ll suffer the consequences. “No,” I answered and shook my head. Why on earth am I answering him in the first place. “What on earth does shift means in the first place?”
 
“Oh wow, he really is just a normal human being! maybe he was placed here to be our pet or something,” Mino whispered in astonishment. “Can I have him as a pet?”
 
“I’m no one else’s pet!” a growl rumbled that it made the hair in my body stand erect. All eyes then me and it took me a while before I realized that the voice came from me. What on earth was that all about?!?!
 
Choi Siwon’s eyes narrowed even further - if that’s humanely possible - and it made me feel like this was the time I should be running for my life. “Ahm. . .” I mumbled.
 
“Well, there’s only one way to find out,” Siwon said in that harsh voice of his.
 
“You’re not going to shift in here are you?” Youngbae asked. “This is a cramped. . . oh . . .”
 
Something weird was happening to Siwon. I can’t really tell what’s going on but his body started shaking really badly. “Is he having convulsions?” I asked in a lame attempt to make a joke. Good job brain, what perfect timing you have!
 
Something strange was really happening. I don’t what that is but I could sense it, feel it in the air. A mixture of fear and excitement bubbled in my heart and just when Siwon’s trembling got worst, the container or trailer we were in suddenly stopped. A stillness in the air enveloped us and then out of nowhere, I started falling - we all started falling. It took sometime before I started screaming my mind out. As I spun in the air, I watched the others fall down with me towards what seemed to be a forest but then, I started screaming louder when I started seeing huge wolves falling down with me instead of human beings.
 
I’ve gone mad! They made me crazy! I’m not seeing this! I’m just hallucinating! This can’t be real!
 
They all landed gracefully first, erect, on their feet - no, on their paws on the ground. I don’t know how I managed to actually see all that in the middle of me screaming my heart out, denying what I’m seeing and trying to figure out how to not die from the fall with broken bones and all to be fed upon by these. . . by these imaginary wolves. Wait, if they’re imaginary, they won’t really feed on me, would they?
 
I’m going to die, I’m going to die, I’m going to die, I’m going to - plump! “Oh , that ing hurts!” I hissed as I landed on my back on the ground. I don’t know if I should consider myself lucky for landing on soft soil instead of the rocky slope I saw on my other side. Still, it ing hurts! Damn, I don’t think I could stand up.
 
I think I might end up crying from the pain. No, I don’t want to cry - that’ll be humiliating! But , it seriously ing hurts! I should just stay here on my back and wait for the pain to go away, yes, that’s what I should do. I was just about to close my eyes when I started hearing what seemed to be footsteps - only, they sounded different - going near me. Despite the pain, I managed to get up on my feet in a blink of an eye and immediately assumed a defensive stance.
 
“Holy mother of all. . .” I muttered as I was surrounded by eight wolves. Two of them were wagging their tails eagerly and I don’t know how but they looked like they were smiling at me. Four of them kept a fair distance and seemed vigilant of me while the other two were crouched low on their front paws and had their fangs bared at me. “Okay, okay. Jiyong, you’re dreaming. This is just a dream. Wake up!” I told myself and punched myself. “Awww!!!”
 
I blinked from there pain only to groan out loud upon seeing the wolves still surrounding me.
 
I felt and heard it first before seeing at the side of my eye that one of the wolves which had its fangs bared at me suddenly jumped and lunged at me. My body moved before my brain could process a thought. I jumped to the side and rolled over and found myself up on my feet again. “Hold up, hold up!” I called, raising my arms in surrender but the wolf started coming for me again. It was halfway through launching itself into the air when two wolves suddenly jumped in front of me, as if protecting me. The raging wolf collided into one of the wolves but didn’t launch into a fight
 
Great, more wolves! Before there’s only eight and now, there’s ten of them.
 
I watched in fascination as the two wolves in front of me suddenly transformed into human beings - into female human beings with all their glory. I’m not even joking! They’re as the day they were born! I could only see their backs since they were facing the eight wolves but yes, they are . One woman had long brown hair while the other had long black hair. “Greetings,” they both said in unison. “I’m Song Jieun from the Moon Sisters Pack and this is my half sister, Jo Eunae,” one of the women said in a singsong voice. “We were told to expect nine people from the Wolf Clan to arrive. We prefer to keep our numbers as is as much as possible before, during and after the festival. Since one of you is an Alpha, of course we couldn’t really spotty from doing what you want however heed me, if you wish our clan to win, we need all paws we could get.”
 
When none of the wolves made a move, the two sisters then faced me. My eyes went wide upon seeing just how they were - like literally . I can’t help but roam my eyes from their faces down to their s, down to their flat stomach and down to their - holy mother of all. . .I blinked several times before I felt myself slowly fading away.
 
Great, I’m about to faint again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-----------------
A/N:
 
New fic, as promised! Trying my hand again at a part-fantasy fic!
 
Some things to take note:
 
CLAN - i'm using this term to identify which specie they belong to. In the prologue, Lion clan has been wiped out already. Other clans/creatures will be disclosed as the story progresses. :D
PACK - only for wolves, to identify what group click, gang (lol) they belong to.