Jiyong's Burden

Fell In love With The Most Unexpected Person

 

 

The Very next morning…

Seunghyun stretched out his arms as he yawned loudly, entering Dara's room. He shuffled his way to the edge of her bed before lazily plopping himself down.

 

"Dara-ah~ ireona (wake up)~ " Seunghyun mumbled in his hoarse voice, his eyes barely opened. "Omma wants us to eat breakfast together, Dara-ah~" continued Seunghyun as he tried to nudged Dara lightly who is still under the covers of her comforter.

 

 

 

*nudge nudge*

 

 

 

… No response.

 

 

 

 

*nudge nudge nudge*

 

 

 

 

 

 

Still no response.

 

 

"Dara-ah~~~ Ireona!" Seunghyun called out as he grip onto her comforter and pulled it away

 

 

 

 

-Seunghyun POV-

"Dara-ah~~~ Ireona!" Aish, this girl sleeps like a dead person. She still have not fix her sleeping habit even after all these years. Aigooo. Knowing that just by calling her won't do the trick, I decided to pull away her comforter to reveal her… pillows?

 

 

Pillows??

 

 

 

I blinked for a few times and stare into space.

 

 

 

 

 

. . .

 

 

 

 

 

Wait a minute, why is it that only her pillows is here? She's not here, Dara is not here! That GIRL is not under her sheets! Where have She gone to! Where the hell is she!?

 

 

I then jumped out of the bed and knelt down to see if she's under the bed.

 

 

What? You may never know if that sister of mine decided to sleep under her bed instead of ON her bed!

 

 

 

 

Nope, no living creature is under there.

 

 

 

 

Aisshhhhh! Where is she!? Don't tell me she went drinking and decided to sleep on the streets! She always- hold on, I recently heard from a reliable resource of mine that she had just broken up with her boyfriend and that she's still not- aish! This girl will be the death of me!

 

 

 

"OMMMMMAAAA!" I belted out as I exited the room, getting ready to spread the news of a missing sister of mine.

 

 

 

 

"Dara's gone!"

 

 

 

 

 

● ● ●

 

 

 

 

 

-Jiyong's POV-

I narrowed my eyes towards the living creature who is fidgeting in her sit in front of me, it seems like she's waking up. Great, just what I have been hoping for the past few hours. I have been debating if I should just leave her here or wait until she sober and awake, but the cautious mind of mine gets the best of me, so I decided on waiting. I don’t want to deal with an incoming possible law suit by this "burden" right here.

 

 

I eyed her as She pulled her head up away from the table and sat in a slouching position, eyes still close. She then sniffed around, scrunching her nose before pulling her lips into a wide smile.

 

 

Oh gosh that creepy smile again! Does she always smile like that!? I had enough of her smiling that way ever since I met her! Oh no, don’t tell me she's still not sober yet! It's already morning! The sun is up for god sake!

 

 

"ahhh~ it smells so nice~ mom must be preparing break-"

 

 

"juh gi yo agashi.(excuse me young lady)"

 

 

I cut her off, causing her to furrowed her eyebrows with- WAIT! Is that an annoyed expression plastered on her face?? Annoyed? Is she annoyed?? At me?? WAAAAh! This girl really is something eh?! The one whose supposed to get annoyed is me! I'm the one who has been tolerating her bipolar mood swings! And what has gone wrong with me? Why am I being so sensitive? Aish! Why does she affect me so much?

 

 

" juh gi yo, ireona saeyo (excuse me, could you wake up)" I demanded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

>>>>>REWIND TO FEW HOURS AGO<<<<<

 

 

 

-No one's POV-

“Ahjushhi~ Na behgopahyo~(I'm hungry)”

 

 

 

Jiyong face remained impassive. He did not just heard what he just heard did he, he thought to himself. Chanting quietly that he had heard it wrongly, Dara screamed .

 

 

"AHJUSSHIIIII~"

 

 

Jiyong blinked and stare straight at Dara in disbelief when she spoke up again, her face was covered by her hair, not allowing Jiyong to fully see her face.

 

 

 

"FEED ME~ AHJUSSHIII!"

 

 

 

 

 

-Jiyong’s POV-

Someone, please tell me my ears are just playing tricks on me or either that this girl is blind! Wait, I bet even blind people can see that this face of mine is not even close to an old man face! I am Kwon Jiyong for god sake! The most good-looking bachelor in the whole of Korea! And here this drunkard is calling me an old man??!

 

 

"ARE YOU DEAF AHJUSSHI?!"

 

I shut my eyes tightly at her outburst. There she goes again, calling me an old man. And not to mention her choices of words!

 

 

Deaf??!

 

 

For the ever first time in my 25 years of my life, I feel like splashing a bucket of cold water at a woman! I saw a pond while making my way here, and the sudden urge of getting the water from there is really tempting me right now. Don’t get me wrong, I'm not being mean, especially to a lady, could I even call her a lady? Aish! She might be some weird creature for all that I know, lol, ah so back to the topic, as a kind netizen of South Korea, It will just be considerate of me helping her to get her senses back by splashing some water… and…maybe get her senses back to see for herself that I'm too far off to be called an ahjusshi. *grins evilly*

 

 

I turned around overlooking the trees, trying to see if the pond is visible from my spot when out of a sudden I felt something or shall I say someone arms carefully wrapped around me, back hugging.

 

 

I looked over my shoulder and saw it was the girl indeed. How did she stand up so fast yet so silent? Isn't' she drunk? Wait no, is she by any chance those girls that desire a hot man body?? Does that mean I'm gonna get molested by her?! NOOOOO! A few disgusting scenes played in my head, grossing the hell out of me. Oh no no no, there is no freaking way I will let her get her ways on me! Not any chance woman!

 

 

I grabbed her hand and was about to push her off me but her next words disrupt my actions.

 

 

"Ahjusshi… have you fallen for someone that you are willing to sacrifice anything for that person?"

 

 

Her voice that was then annoyingly loud has died down to a mumbled-soft voice, which I can't help but to feel that there's a hint of sadness along with it. More like a heartbroken soul. I don’t know why but hearing and seeing this sudden change of character in her makes whatever that I was planning earlier on vanished from my mind.

 

 

"obseoyo (no)?" She prompted.

 

 

I opened my mouth wanted to give her an answer, however, I was not able to.

 

 

There was a silent as if she was waiting for my reply but a while later, she broke into laughter, a bitter one.

 

 

"ahjusshi, since you're not gonna answer, how about i just answer my own question neh?" she tried to sound fruity but it sounded too forced.

 

 

"I'm in love- no wait, it should be, I WAS in love with someone who I hoped I will be spending the rest of my whole life with … I loved him with all that I got… but then something happened… Do you want to know what was it, ahjusshi? Wanna guess?" she asked, her voice sounded wobbly as if anytime soon she will break down in tears.

 

 

I opened my mouth, was about to answer her but she beats me up to it, this time round, once again with that loud-fuming-annoyed voice of hers.

 

 

" Sh*t happens! Until now! Until now… I still don’t have any idea what is the legit reason that causes him to break it off with me!"

 

 

And the next thing I knew, she cried or more likely, bawling against my back.

 

 

I shut my eyes as I pinched the bridge of my nose, doesn’t know what to do at that moment. Like seriously, what should I do to get out of this mess and at the same time calming this girl down? How can she sound drunk yet sober? And out of all that, why do I feel like I'm being affected by her somehow? I'm not someone that cares about strangers to starts off with. Not to mention a stranger’s love life! Aishhh!

 

 

In the midst of all those thoughts, I suddenly felt someone was trying to climb on my back. "ouch! Yah! What are you doing?!" I growled as the person roughly climbed up my back, pulling some of my hair in the process.

 

 

"Ahjusshi!! Piggy back me!!" she commanded in a singsong manner. What is up with her and her bipolar behaviour!? DID SHE RUN AWAY FROM THE MENTAL ASYLUM?!

 

 

"and why should i? yah! " I retaliate loudly, obviously not happy at the way I'm being treated right now. Who does she think she is- no scratch that! Does she even know who I am?! I AM KWON JIYONG-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 minutes later…

 

 

Nope. She doesn’t know who I am. -_- and I blamed it on the alcohol.

 

 

It took her only a minute to win me off with her excessive rough words and behaviour. I wonder what will become of me if my sister and mom were to know that me, Kwon Jiyong who is wide-known in the whole states of Korea for his infamous cold attitude slash no interest or whatsoever in women (and no, I'm not gay), lost to a girl in an argument in just a minute. Aish, I don’t even want to think of their reactions.

 

 

So right now having no choice, i have to piggy-back the girl to the nearest food stall down the streets.

 

 

It was already close to 2 in the morning and most of the stalls were closed. I passed by all the closed shops with the already sleeping "burden" still behind my back. She was not that heavy when I carried her at first but eventually I felt like her weight is increasing as times passes by. She's really such a burden.

 

 

I made a turn to another street and my vision was welcomed by a neon red signage that states "tteokbokki house" and a small font at the bottom that says "open 24 hours". My lips curved into a smile as I made my way, relieved.

 

 

Upon arriving, I deliberately dropped the girl down and causes her to hit the concrete floor, first. Ouch, that's gonna leave a bruise, but oh well, I can't bear the weight any much longer. So don’t blame me! I’ve done more than a kind Korean citizen should have done. Pfft.

 

 

"ahjumma! 2 serving of tteokbokki, ju sae yeo(please)." I ordered as soon as I took a seat at one of the stool. And a "neh!" was her reply.

 

 

I was rubbing my shoulders, wondering if it will get sore the next day when the ‘burden’ slumped onto the seat across the table. At the same time mumbling some profanities (Oh great, she woke up) which I guess was directed towards me, as she tried to rub her sorebutt. She then grabbed a pair of chopsticks and excitedly played with it, drumming it at the edge of the table while looking towards the ahjumma who was preparing our food.

 

 

I looked at her amused, which she doesn’t seem to take notice. I can see clearly how she looks like, now that we are under the bright lights. She have those brown doll-like eyes but not those excessive ones which it's so unrealistic but those natural ones, pretty nose with cute round lips that makes her wavy brown hair complements her features. A pretty face with a fearless behaviour, haha, definitely not my type. I bet her character is too much for any korean man out there to take in.

 

 

Our food arrived and as soon as the ahjumma served her, her chopsticks dived into her tteokbokki at the speed of lightning. She eats- or more like gobbled up her food like she has not eaten for days and with just that scene, it made me lost my appetite. Literally.

 

 

I was staring at her in disgust when she suddenly paused and looked at me innocently, eyeing between the tteokbokki in front of me and me. What? Does she want to take my portion?

 

 

"why aren't you eating? Mashisseo neun dae (it's delicious you know)." she asked before forking a tteokbokki and shove it to my face. " aaah~ try it! Masshisseo!"

 

 

Not really wanting to try some of it, I simply shook my head from side to side but taking a no for an answer, she shoved the rice cakes straight into my mouth causing me to choke on it and the next thing I knew I was coughing uncontrollably.

 

 

How violent can this girl gets!? Oh gawd! Doesn’t she know people can die by choking!

 

 

I snatched her drink as soon as I finished mine and gulped it down like my life depends on it. One glass of water is definitely not enough to calm the uneasiness that was still lingering in my throat. I just swallowed a piece of tteokbokki that is still hot and not to mention, it's freakishly too spicy for my taste bud! How did this girl even eats it? Doesn’t her tongue get numb?

 

 

I shot the girl a menacing look, still can't get over the fact that she can cause me death with her clumsy-careless behaviour! I expect her to at least flinch but instead, a wide-big smile was plastered across her face, which totally annoys the hell out of me!

 

 

A girl with a pretty face and possess a hateful character, the exact traits of a devil!

 

 

Her smile that was still considered as a normal big smile suddenly turns into a sleazy grin, the one that still irks me with that smile of hers. She then blinked her eyes innocently at me before dropping her head low and "thud!" a loud sound was made the moment it landed on the surface of the table.

 

 

 

 

"zzzzzzzz~"

 

 

 

 

"zzzzzzzzzzzz~~"

 

 

 

 

 

 

With a deadpan look, I stared at her sleeping form and smirked in disbelief. Hah seriously, this is my ever first time encountering such woman. I don't even know such woman even exist. Such a memorable day for me to remember. This girl sure knows how to make me see the 'world of women' in another form of light.

 

 

If you don’t get what I mean, detect the sarcasm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Present… 

 

 

 

-No one's POV-

" juh gi yo, ireona saeyo (excuse me, wake up)"

 

Then suddenly Dara's phone vibrated.

 

Eyes still closed, she fished out her phone out of her pouch. Not bothering to look at the caller ID, she pressed and swiped her screen, answering the call.

 

 

"YAH CHOI Dara! DEO EODIGA (where are you)??" A deep like voice roared through the phone causing Dara to jerk up, fully awake. Dara eyes that were barely open earlier on, shot open at the sudden loud voice.

 

 

"o..oop…oppa!" Dara stuttered, still not recover from the sudden shock. "n..na (me)??" Dara's eyes darted everywhere, hoping to see anything that can clarify her whereabouts but to no avail. She then shifted her vision towards the man sitting in front of her before leaning forward, her left hand cupping her phone.

 

"juh gi yo, do you know where are we right now?" Dara asked Jiyong quietly.

 

Jiyong gives Dara his infamous deadpan look before answering her flatly. " Street 85-6 Cheongdam-dong"

 

She then quickly blurted the answer she was given to her brother whose still on the line. Then the rest of the conversation went with a string of "neh" "Oh" "arrassoh" as she counters all her brother questions and quick remarks before hanging up.

 

"geu nil nat da! (I'm in trouble)" Dara commented with a worried look as she blankly stares nothing in particular before abruptly stood up. " I should go home!" Dara added and casually walked off, leaving the confused Jiyong behind.

 

 

“Did she just left?”. Jiyong thought, trying to take in what had just happened. “WITHOUT EVEN A THANK YOU!? UWAHHH THIS GIRL-AISH!”

 

 

 

 

Back at Choi's Resident…

 

 

 

-Dara's POV-

I rushed towards my bathroom the moment I entered the house, avoided my brother's sight at all cost. As I was taking a shower, my mind drifted to what happened last night and how did I ended up waking up at a tteokbokki eating place. and not to mention the man earlier on whose sitting across me, who is he?

 

Moving on to my skin care routine at the same time thinking hard about all the answers to my questions, a string of scenes started to play in my head.

 

 

 

 

Me shouting and whining…

 

 

Me Bawling for food…

 

 

Me Climbing on top of someone back…

 

 

Was Dropped at a food place…

 

 

A man ordered tteokbokki…

 

 

Me eating the tteokbokki…

 

 

Shoving food to someone…

 

 

A man watching me-

 

 

 

 

Wait! It's the man I saw earlier!

 

 

I paused the moment I stepped out of the bathroom, My eyes keeps shifting from left to right in worrisome as I tried to register all those scenes…

 

 

 

 

 

And just like that, BAMMMM! I FIGURED IT ALL OUT!

 

 

 

Mentally panicking myself and mumbling some profanities, thinking on how the hell did I just get into all those mess and making a fool out of myself, and if it can get any more worse when the sound of the flat tv screen caught my attention.

 

 

The news was on, and it seems like the newscaster is saying something about an heir and heiress of the two successful, largest and famous company in Korea are seems to be dating and that they were seen at a park being intimate (tv screen flash some pictures) yesterday night near-

 

 

 

 

WAIT!

 

 

 

 

 

Isn't that…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OH MY GAWDDDD! THAT IS NO DOUBT IT'S ME!! OH NO, WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH ALL THESE!? THIS IS DAMN TOO ABSURD! WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO!? IS IT TOO LATE FOR ME TO PRAY FOR A MIRACLE!? AHHHHH! DARAA-YAA WHAT HAVE YOU DONEEE! I’M DOOMED! I SHOULDN’T HAVE WENT TO THE CLUB AND GOTTEN MYSELF DRUNK!! SHIATEEEE

 

 

 

AND HOLD UP!

 

 

 

It seems like I missed something much more important. I then grab hold of the remote and rewind the news a bit before pressing the play button. "the heiress of Ametrine group-" (Then shows my individual picture and the picture taken at the tteokbokki place.)

 

Ahuh, that is definitely me. I should hunt down whoever took that picture and ask he/she if I can get a copy of it and maybe ask them if they have others too. What? I look pretty in those pictures, and it's not wrong for me to ask for something that I think it's rightful mine.

 

 

 

 

"and the heir of Kwon Group-" (screen shows he's picture)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THAT BORING LOOKING DUDE IS THE HEIR OF KWON GROUP?!?!?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author note: Hmm... so what you lovely readers think will happen next?

Don't forget to Comment your views on this one! :)