Episode Nine: Arsène Lupin Wannabe

Little Miss Sherlock {Hiatus}

14th July 2018, Andaz Maui, Wailea Resort [20:40]

Hyun-kyung is getting ready for bed. She lays on the bed and Byeongkwan walks inside the room. He closes the door and asks, "What did you two talked about?"

"Byeongkwan, I know you were spying," Hyun-kyung replied. Byeongkwan sits on the bed and let put a heavy sigh. He said, "You still know a lot of things."

"Are you jealous?" Byeongkwan nods and pouts cutely. Hyun-kyung chuckles before saying, "Don't worry, Byeongkwan."

Byeongkwan nods and asks, "Are you going to date him?"

"No. I don't like him more than a friend, remember?" Byeongkwan hums and pulls her into a warm hug. Hyun-kyung hugs him back and Byeongkwan asks, "Do you really like me as a lover?"

Hyun-kyung hums and they look at each other. They burst into laughter and Byeongkwan said, "You are fun at times but most of the time you're boring."

Hyun-kyung punches his forearm and Byeongkwan winces in pain before tackling her. Hyun-kyung squeals and Byeongkwan tickles her hips. Hyun-kyung can't stop laughing and tries to escape from him. Byeongkwan turns around and pulls her close to him before using his legs to hug her. Hyun-kyung stops laughing and rests her head on Byeongkwan's chest. Byeongkwan also stop laughing and they only thing audible in the room is their heavy breaths. Hyun-kyung rests her head on Byeongkwan's chest and Byeongkwan asks, "What do you want the wedding reception to look like?"

"I-isn't that... too early?" Byeongkwan hums and replied, "Yea... I think I caught you off-guard."

Byeongkwan carefully turns to the left and Hyun-kyung falls to the bed. Hyun-kyung asks, "Isn't it awkward to talk about this?"

"Sorry," Byeongkwan replied. Hyun-kyung shakes her head and smiles a bit before she holds Byeongkwan's right hand. She puts the hand on her head and Byeongkwan pats her head gently, looking at her with a tired smile that forms on his lips. Hyun-kyung yawns and rubs her eyes before saying, "I'm tired."

"I can see that from your eyes," Byeongkwan replied and Hyun-kyung's eyes becomes droopy. She slowly falls asleep and Byeongkwan stares at her sleeping figure. He smiles and kisses her forehead, cheeks and lastly, her lips before saying, "Goodnight, Hyun-kyung."

Byeongkwan gets off from bed and walks out from the room after turning off the lights. He closes the door and Suki asks, "She's asleep?"

Byeongkwan nods and replied, "She is too tired."

"Okay. I'm going to check on Tae-hyung." Byeongkwan nods and Suki walks to a room at the back. She knocks and opens the door. She saw Tae-hyung is using his phone. She walks in and asks, "How's your bruise?"

Tae-hyung looks at her and replied, "It's not that bad."

Suki sits on the bed and said, "Sorry that we got mad at you."

"It's okay." Tae-hyung turns off his phone and holds the necklace before saying, "I wanted to give her this but I think she won't accept it."

"Maybe she was shocked about it. Don't worry," Suki replied. Tae-hyung hums and asks, "Are you and Akira friends?"

"We're stepsisters," Suki replied. Tae-hyung nods and Suki said, "It's impossible to think that we're stepsisters."

"Yup." Suki asks, "Why do you love Miss Sherlock?"

"Why? She is quite intimidating and charismatic. She is a bit too high on my ideal type."

"Haha relatable," Suki replied. She said, "If you want to know, all of us are from the same school."

"Oh really?" Suki nods and replied, "Phantom Thieves of Hearts used to be called as Midnight Thieves but after our former navigator left, we changed it to Phantom Thieves of Hearts. We inspired the name from a video game."

"Ah..." Suki looks at the clock and said, "You should get some sleep. By the way, Xander wants to apologise to you."

"Okay."

The next day, all of them are inside the aeroplane. They are heading back to Korea. Hyun-kyung is flipping through another fashion magazine and Suki stretches herself before saying, "When we arrive home, we need to solve more cases."

"Like you guys want to join," Hyun-kyung replied. Byeongkwan leans his back against the seat and replied, "We're not official police. We're only elite forces called Phantom Thieves of Hearts."

"So do we get a raise?" Xander asked. Hyun-kyung replies in a bored tone, "Yes."

"Finally!" Akira cheered. Byeongkwan said, "You guys are lucky. Empress and I have to work."

"I also need to go to university," Tae-hyung replied. Hyun-kyung asks, "Really?"

"Yes," Tae-hyung replied. Lucas drinks a glass of cordial and replied, "Sad life. We get our leisure time."

"Yea right. Your college submissions will be up in three days," Hyun-kyung said. All of them gasp and ask at the same time, "WHAT?!"

Hyun-kyung nods and replied, "Xander didn't pass his college entrance."

"What?! You're kidding me," Xander replied. Hyun-kyung scoffs and replied, "You will see the results in three days."

"I hate college," Seung-hee groaned as she rests lazily on the seat. Tae-hyung could only smile at them and Ren replied, "At least we have something to do rather than hanging out too often."

"Agreed," Byeongkwan replied. Lucas asks, "Wait, how about you Empress?"

"I graduated, remember?" All of them groan and Seung-hee said, "I wish you get to study with us."

"You can call me to help you guys study." Xander asks, "Since when you're so nice to us?"

"It's not nice. It's duty," Hyun-kyung replied. Suki whispers to Akira, "She's being nice."

"Seriously if all of us are in college together, that will be fun," Ren said. All of them hum in agreement and Hyun-kyung said, "Gosh I will be there if you guys need me."

"Thanks, Hyun-kyung," Lucas replied.

 

18th July 2018, Phantom Thieves Restaurant [10:20]

Hyun-kyung listens to classical music in her study room. She takes a pen and a piece of paper before writing something. Tae-hyung walks in with a cup of coffee and asks, "What are you doing?"

"Something random," Hyun-kyung replied. Tae-hyung puts the coffee on the table and said, "I made that for you."

"Thanks," Hyun-kyung replied and takes the cup before drinking it. She puts the cup back on the table and Tae-hyung asks, "Why can't we have a relationship? Why do you have to friend-zone me?"

"It's my choice, and no one can change that." Tae-hyung sits on the bed and said, "I'm going to university in half an hour."

"Okay," Hyun-kyung replied and continues writing. Tae-hyung looks around the study room and asks, "Why do you have a bed?"

"I sleep in this room sometimes. That's why there is a bed." The door is open and Xander approaches her before shaking her shoulders. Hyun-kyung keeps her emotionless face and Xander asks, "What should I do?"

"Do what?" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung looks at him and said, "You failed your college entrance exams."

"How do you know lots of things?! What am I supposed to do? I want to go college," Xander replied. Hyun-kyung stands and pushes Xander before replying, "Retake the exams. It is in 3 months."

Hyun-kyung walks out from the room and Xander kneels to the floor before crying. He said, "I want to go college now."

Tae-hyung approaches him and hugs him. Xander hugs him and cries before- "Hurry up. I will teach you how to answer the college entrance exams."

Xander stops crying and looks at the door. Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and said, "Hurry."

Xander wipe his tears and Tae-hyung stands. Xander stands and runs to her before they all walk downstairs. Hyun-kyung said to the others, "Hurry up. You guys have half an hour left before college starts."

They walk out from the restaurant and get inside the car. Hyun-kyung turns on the engine and they close the doors. Hyun-kyung starts driving and Akira asks, "What types of people we will meet there?"

"A lot. Why? Not all handsome men will be there," Hyun-kyung replied and suddenly, she receives a call. She uses the radio to answer the call and said, "Hello."

"Hyun-kyung, are you free tomorrow night?" It is a male voice. Akira, Suki and Seung-hee try not to scream and Hyun-kyung replied, "I will message you back. I am not sure whether I am free. Is it urgent?"

"You could say that," the male voice replied. Hyun-kyung makes a right turn and asks, "How about we meet tonight?"

"Sure. Where? At the usual place?" Hyun-kyung hums and replied, "7.45 p.m. sharp."

"See you there." Hyun-kyung ends the call and Suki asks, "Are you dating someone?"

Byeongkwan looks at Suki and Hyun-kyung replied, "It's a client. Must be another case."

"Can I follow you?" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung let out a heavy sigh and replied, "Fine."

Hyun-kyung receives another call and answers the call using the radio. She said, "Hello."

"Little Sherlock! We got another case." Hyun-kyung speeds up and all of them are shocked before holding onto their seatbelts. Hyun-kyung said, "Tell me the details now."

"A robbery has occurred at Shinhan Financial Group today on 8.57 a.m. and it is reported that the amount of money managed to get stolen is about 16.8 million and 100 bars of gold."

Hyun-kyung makes a dangerous turn and all of them scream in fear. Hyun-kyung drives straight and the car's light on the sides of the roof are flashing. She quickly stops and unlocks the car. Hyun-kyung said, "Have a good day."

Akira and Suki get out from the car and Ren closes the door. They enrol to Konkuk University Law School. Hyun-kyung locks the door and resumes driving. Seokjin who is on the line, continues, "The thief is different than any regular thief."

"What do you mean?" Hyun-kyung asked. Seokjin replied, "This thief has no weapons with him and- We continue later."

Hyun-kyung ends the call and said, "All of you don't have to be involved for this case."

"Even if we want to we will have loads of assignments," Lucas replied. Hyun-kyung keeps driving and after a few minutes, she parks her car at the roadside and unlocks the door. All of them get out and Tae-hyung said, "I can walk from here."

"Okay," Hyun-kyung replied and Tae-hyung closes the door. Hyun-kyung drives away and Tae-hyung walks with them. Xander said, "I have nowhere to go."

"Sad life for you," Lucas replied. Byeongkwan pats Xander's shoulder and said, "You're not alone."

"You didn't pass your college entrance exams?" Xander asked. Byeongkwan laughs a bit and replied, "I passed but I'm skipping today."

"If Hyun-kyung knows this, she will kill you for sure." Byeongkwan nods and replied, "Yeah."

"I got to go to class now. Good luck Xander." Byeongkwan walks to campus and Xander walks to a nearby cafe that is located opposite the campus. He walks inside the cafe and heads to the counter. He looks at the menu and said, "One cup of latte and a slice of red velvet cake."

 

18th July 2018, Gangnam Police Department [10:42]

Hyun-kyung parks her car at the parking lot and turns off the engine. She gets out from the car and closes the door before she saw Seokjin running towards her. He stops and Hyun-kyung walks inside the department. Seokjin follows her and said, "We need to have a meeting as soon as possible."

"Who's in charge about this case?" Hyun-kyung as she takes a cup of coffee before drinking it. Seokjin replied, "Detective Lim but this case has become wor-"

Hyun-kyung finishes the coffee and throws the paper cup inside the bin as she walks to the stairs. She said, "Detective Lim again."

"Miss Sherlock, he is in court right now f- ually assault a 25-year-old woman at Club Avenue. Time, 23:51 p.m. at the VIP lounge located at the back of the club, second floor." Hyun-kyung's heels clicking could be heard and Seokjin gulps before nodding. The officers bow at her before quickly walking away. Hyun-kyung said, "I need to know about the current investigation now."

"I-I'll get the file now." Seokjin quickly runs to get the file and Hyun-kyung walks inside her office suddenly, startling Young-min and Kwang-min who are reviewing the files. They look at her and Young-min said, "Knock the door next time."

Hyun-kyung walks to her desk and finds something. Young-min stands and asks, "What are you finding?"

"Something." Young-min walks out from the office and Kwang-min said, "I'll be right back."

Kwang-min stands and walks out from the office. She stands properly and Jimin walks in with Seokjin. She continues looking for something and Seokjin leaves immediately. Jimin said, "The culprit of the robbery at the bank is a gentleman thief."

"A gentleman thief?" Hyun-kyung asked as she looks at Jimin. Jimin nods and gives a brown file. Hyun-kyung takes it and reads it. She scoffs and said, "Arsène Lupin's wannabe."

"Where can we catch this thief?" Hyun-kyung stands and replied, "That is the easiest thing, Jimin."

Hyun-kyung sits on her desk and thinks about the strategy to catch him. The door is open and Byeongkwan walks in. Hyun-kyung looks at him and throws the file to him. Byeongkwan catches it and opens it before Hyun-kyung said, "Gather the team. We have to teach them how to hunt this thief."

"Noted." Jimin leaves the office and Byeongkwan closes the door. Hyun-kyung uses her phone to turn off the CCTV and the audio recorder before saying, "Byeongkwan, call the team and say to them if they don't join, they will never get a raise."

"All of them want a raise. So... okay," Byeongkwan replied and takes his phone before calling them. Hyun-kyung asks, "Did you skip class?"

"If I don't, I won't be here." Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and said, "I want to scold you but I can't. I'm too tired."

Kwang-min walks in and asks, "We got a new case?"

"Yes and it's a phantom thief." Kwang-min sits on his desk and replied, "Phantom thieves like to go to casino, right?"

"Not all of them," Hyun-kyung replied as she puts her left leg over her right leg. She asks, "Why do you think that most of them go to casino?"

"I don't know..." Hyun-kyung takes her phone out and calls someone. She waits and the caller answers a few seconds later. She said, "I need to borrow your gadgets and your skills."

"That's quite a request. Hm... okay. We will discuss it tonight as a part of our meeting," the male voice from earlier, replied. Hyun-kyung hums and ends the call. She looks at the clock and said, "I'm going to meet with the detective prince later."

"It's been a while since you see him though," Jimin said. Hyun-kyung gets off from her desk and said, "Tape up the whole area. I'm going there as soon as the meeting finished."

Hyun-kyung walks out from the office and walks to the stairs. She runs downstairs and- "Detective Victoria."

Hyun-kyung looks left and stops her tracks. Her lips form into a smirk and said, "Oh well, I don't have to go there by myself."

A very handsome male detective is leaning against the wall, wearing a black suit and a pair of black gloves. He looks at her with a smile and said, "It's been a while, Detective."

Hyun-kyung roll her eyes and replied, "You too, Detective Prince Cha Eunwoo."

"I heard that a new case has happened again." Hyun-kyung nods. She said, "I'm going there to check it out."

"I'll follow you and I brought my assistant along," Detective Prince Cha; his other name is Eunwoo, replied. Hyun-kyung hums and replied, "I can do this myself. I don't need your help."

"I'm going with you." Hyun-kyung looks at him and replied, "Fine."

 

18th July 2018, Konkuk University Law School [12:07]

Akira and Suki are eating lunch at the cafeteria. Suki saw the message from her phone and said, "We need to go to the bank."

"Finally we can get a raise!" Akira said as she eats the cold noodles. Suki nods and said, "This time is a phantom thief."

"Just like us but evil." Suki nods and said, "Let's hurry up. We will go there after classes are over."

"Who was the caller?" Suki thinks for a moment and replied, "I don't know."

 

18th July 2018, Shinhan Financial Group [14:30]

Eunwoo turns off the engine and said to Hyun-kyung who is sitting on the passenger's seat with a blank expression, "Let's go."

Hyun-kyung opens the door and gets out from Eunwoo's white BMW 3 series. She closes the door and Eunwoo gets out after her. He closes the door and locks the car before Hyun-kyung walks inside the bank. Eunwoo follows her and Hyun-kyung looks around before exploring to get clues. Reporters walk inside and Hyun-kyung's team follow her to investigate.

Eunwoo walks to gather clues and Hyun-kyung said to Jungkook, "Go find the giant safe. Take pictures and find evidences there."

"Yes Sherlock," Jungkook replied and walks away. Hyun-kyung walks around and stops as she starts to think.

"A gentleman thief steals things while maintaining his manners, charms, courteousness and avoids physical attacks to steal. Since no one is injured and there is no damage occurred, there must be footages during the crime scene occurred. In fact, there must be solid evidence to catch him but where?" Eunwoo touches Hyun-kyung's left shoulder, making her jump in surprise. She turns around and asks, "What do you want?"

"Do you find any clues?" Hyun-kyung replied, "Not yet. I need to get the CCTV footage."

"I will handle this case if you don't want to s- I can solve it. There's nothing I couldn't solve, Eunwoo." Hyun-kyung pushes him away as she walks upstairs and Eunwoo looks behind before muttering to himself, "We'll see how it goes."

Hyun-kyung heads to the security area and opens the door. She saw Namjoon and Hoseok finding the clues in the CCTV footage. She leans on the door and asks, "Found anything yet?"

"The suspect didn't drop anything during the robbery happened," Namjoon replied. Hyun-kyung hums and replied, "Okay."

"Where do you think the suspect could be?" Hyun-kyung plays with her cards and replied, "Depends."

"You're not helping," Hoseok said bluntly. Hyun-kyung keeps playing with her cards and replied, "Whatever."

Hyun-kyung looks at her cards and the stack of cards becomes one transparent card. She fans the card a few times and saw something. She smirks and replied, "The suspect left his coat at the restroom located on the third floor of the bank."

Yoongi runs to them and pants before they look at him. Yoongi said as he shows a plastic bag, "I found a black coat on the sink in the men's restroom."

"Is it on the third floor?" Hoseok asked. Yoongi nods and Hyun-kyung replies, "Check his pockets. There must be a card or something."

Yoongi takes the black coat our and finds something in his pockets. He takes out a card and Hyun-kyung takes it before she scoffs. She said, "Kwang-min's right."

"What do you mean about that?" Namjoon asked. Hyun-kyung looks at them and replied, "We will go to the casino tomorrow night. The suspect left his VIP card in his lost coat."

"But what if he doesn't go to the casino?" Hyun-kyung replied, "There's 1001 possibilities I should say."

"How are we going to find him? How could you be so sure about the card?" Hyun-kyung looks at them and replied, "We'll talk about this tomorrow. We continue finding for clues tomorrow. I need to see my client."

Hyun-kyung walks downstairs and walks pass by the reporters. Eunwoo looks at her and Hyun-kyung walks out from the bank, heading by foot to somewhere. She looks around and said, "He must be a member at the casino. If not, then maybe he steals someone's identity."

"You do have some critical thinking." Hyun-kyung looks at her right and saw Tae-hyung. Hyun-kyung looks in front and replied, "I always have it."

"So, what is this identity theft?" Hyun-kyung replied, "I couldn't confirm it yet. I still need to make research about it."

"Ah... a new case." Hyun-kyung hums and said, "I want to apply to medical college in the US."

"Really? Why the sudden change of heart?" Hyun-kyung put her hands inside the pockets of her blue trench coat and replied, "I just feel that I should expand my knowledge."

"But you have a lot of knowledge. From language to this, you're like a gadget that everyone can depend on." Hyun-kyung let out a heavy sigh and replied, "I think I am."

Hyun-kyung continues walking and Tae-hyung follows her. He asks, "Where are you going?"

"Going to see someone." Tae-hyung hums and Hyun-kyung asks, "What makes a gentleman thief?"

"That is quite a question. Hm... I divide the words into two. Gentleman and thief. The two words are contrast to each other. A gentleman is a man with manners, chivalrous, courteous, polite, decent and things like that. A thief is opposite of gentleman. The thief likes to take what it doesn't belong to him. Thieves aim for valuable things. So, if I put them into one word, it is a man who steals things while maintaining their image as a gentleman."

"How about a detective prince?" Tae-hyung stops walking and asks, "Are you okay?"

"Hyun-kyung stops walking and replied, "Yes. Let's go and see him."

"I'll drive you there." Hyun-kyung said, "Go to the restaurant first. It's too early."

 

18th July 2018, Phantom Thieves Restaurant [15:23]

Hyun-kyung walks in and sits on the kitchen counter. Phantom Thieves of Hearts members sit on the chairs and Seung-hee asks, "We're going to catch a phantom thief?"

"Yup," Hyun-kyung replied and gives them different files. They take the files each and open the file at the same time. Xander scoffs and said, "he is our suspect? He got the looks but steal things. Interesting."

"He is a gentleman thief. What would you expect?" Byeongkwan said as he makes a cup of latte for himself. Ren searches through his phone and said, "You say he is Lupin's wannabe."

Hyun-kyung groans and said, "I need to vape right now." She gets off from the counter and walks to a tall shelf. She opens a cabinet and takes out a metal rod identical to Young-min's and starts vaping. Tae-hyung groans and said, "Young-min also vape. Is Kwang-min vaping too?"

Hyun-kyung closes the cabinet and turns around before she exhales the smoke. She replies, "I don't vape often. Young-min sometimes vape. Kwang-min tried once but I stopped him."

"If you can stop him, why can't you stop yourself from vaping?" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung approaches him and pushes him on the wall. She corners him and asks, "How about you changing girlfriends?"

"Don't talk about it Ko Hyun-kyung," Tae-hyung muttered. Hyun-kyung smirks and walks to sit on the desk as she thinks about the case. Lucas said, "She rarely vape so don't worry about it. She didn't do it often."

"That's why your mouth tastes like nicotine," Tae-hyung said unintentionally. Everyone looks at him in shock and Akira asks, "You kissed Empress?!"

"We're not here to talk about this. We're talking about the case," Hyun-kyung said. Suki asks, "Do we really need to train the police to hunt a phantom thief?"

"I'm not sure either," Lucas replied. Hyun-kyung said, "I heard from the last meeting that they want to arrest us if we don't cooperate with them."

"What nonsense is this?!" Xander asked and stands. Hyun-kyung replied, "They're rotten authorities who used us as their gadgets to get fame."

"Hey, since when your perspective change?" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung turns off the vape and replied, "Since the beginning."

Hyun-kyung takes her gun out and twirls it before continuing, "I doubt the police could ever believe in us."

"That's why we haven't get our official cards," Akira guessed. Ren asks, "But why you joined with the authorities?"

"So I can backstab them," Hyun-kyung replied in a bored, monotonous tone. She continued, "I can't trust anyone in the police department. I just have to act like I trust them."

"Then your siblings are the only ones you trust in the department?" Xander asked. Hyun-kyung nods and replied, "They knew my purpose and they defend us."

"I wish I have siblings like them," Seung-hee said. Ren hums in agreement and asks, "Do you know why they want to get rid of us?"

"Fame, popularity, money, recognition, rivalry, trust." Tae-hyung said, "Phantom Thieves are popular on the Internet. Citizens trust Phantom Thieves than police officers and detectives, so they are popular to public's eye. The police officers and detectives want to get money but because of us, their salary is lesser. South Korea trusts Phantom Thieves and we gain more recognition as a result. All of that creates a huge rivalry between the authorities and Phantom Thieves."

"You start to talk exactly like Empress," Byeongkwan said.

"Seriously they want to get rid of us. We helped them a lot and this what we get?! No way!" Lucas exclaimed and Hyun-kyung said, "We just have to wait. We can't do it for a moment."

"What if they really going to hunt us?" Hyun-kyung looks at Tae-hyung and said, "Prepare ten sets of amnesiac pills in case Bangtan Boys Squad turn their backs against us."

"Are you crazy?!" Tae-hyung asked. Hyun-kyung stands and replied, "Just prepare it. I don't trust the authority 100% even though I am a part of it."

Hyun-kyung checks her phone and said, "Let's go and meet him, Tae-hyung."

 

18th July 2018, Banji Cafe, Hongdae [18:00]

Tae-hyung and Hyun-kyung walk inside the cafe and saw a handsome young man sitting on a chair near a wooden table. Tae-hyung's heart is burning in jealousy and Hyun-kyung said, "Hello Detective Lee Taeyong."

"I told you to not call me like that, Victoria," the man named Taeyong, looks at them with a smile plastered on his lips. Hyun-kyung sits on a stool and Tae-hyung follows. Taeyong shake hands with Hyun-kyung and Tae-hyung. He said, "Your boyfriend is handsome."

"He's not my boyfriend. He's a friend of mine," Hyun-kyung replied and looks at Tae-hyung. Tae-hyung nods and thinks inside his head, "She friend-zoned me."

"So what is this urgent meeting?" Hyun-kyung asked. Taeyong hums and takes out a black file before giving it to Hyun-kyung. She takes it and opens it before asking, "You know him?"

"I'm investigating this case." Hyun-kyung could only nod and- "I heard that Phantom Thieves will be under investigation."

Hyun-kyung nods and Tae-hyung asks, "Are you..."

"We have no romantic affairs," Taeyong replied as if he can read Tae-hyung's mind. Tae-hyung blinks a few times and Hyun-kyung said, "We just need to get inside the casino."

"First, how could you be so sure about it?" Hyun-kyung replies, "I can't give you evidences if you don't promise to keep it a secret."

"Oh my..." Taeyong laughs and replied, "Of course I will keep a secret."

Hyun-kyung looks around and said, "Midnight. The forest."

Taeyong's lips form a naughty smirk and replies, "Deal."

Hyun-kyung gets off from the stool and leaves the cafe. Tae-hyung follows her out from the cafe and asks her, "Do you want me to follow you?"

"It's personal business. You shouldn't meddle in," Hyun-kyung replied. She stops walking and Tae-hyung turns her around. He kisses her cheeks and said, "Call me if he assaulted you."

"I'm not a baby. I'm an adult."

 

18th July 2018, somewhere near the forest [22:22]

Hyun-kyung walks out from the forest and saw Taeyong sitting on a stool. He looks at her and holds her wrist before pushing her to a wall of a small building. Hyun-kyung groans in pain and said, "Let me go."

"Give me the clues and we will work together to find him," Taeyong said as he tightens up his grip. Hyun-kyung winces in pain and replied, "I am still doubting about you."

"Your trust issues are quite a problem." Taeyong leans closer and said, "We can share information to catch him."

"You think I'm going to give you information just like that?" Hyun-kyung glares at him and replied, "I will shut my mouth because this case is under mine, not yours."

"I can ask the authorities to capture Phantom Thieves and say that they are threatening to kill everyone in Seoul." Hyun-kyung slaps him and said, "You better shut the up Taeyong."

Taeyong snickers and looks at her before saying, "You can't escape now, Little Miss Sherlock."

Suddenly, a loud bang sound could be heard. Hyun-kyung takes her gun out immediately and Taeyong quickly hugs her to shield her. He looks behind and said, "We got to run."

Hyun-kyung pushes him a bit and runs as fast as she could. Taeyong follows her and Hyun-kyung said, "I think the suspect knows about it."

"How could you be so sure about it?" Taeyong asked. Hyun-kyung replied, "Someone followed me after I left from the cafe."

 

[Flashback]

Tae-hyung and Hyun-kyung were walking on the streets of Seoul. Hyun-kyung was kicking rocks and Tae-hyung said, "I don't trust him at all."

"You were jealous, huh?" Tae-hyung looked at her and replied, "Me? Jealous? Never."

"Yea right. I could see it from your expressions," Hyun-kyung said. Tae-hyung sighed heavily and replied, "Okay. I was jealous. Satisfied?"

"Don't forget our deal." Tae-hyung hummed and Hyun-kyung looked behind. She didn't smile and she didn't glare. She has the blank expression as she saw a woman walking behind them. The woman saw her and looked away before Hyun-kyung looked in front. She used her other phone and typed something.

"I never know you had two phones," Tae-hyung said. Hyun-kyung hummed and turned off her other phone. She activated the tracking device of the woman's phone so she could find out about it.

"I should get going." Tae-hyung nodded and Hyun-kyung walked to her left. She took out her gun and hid it in her trench coat before continued walking. She turned behind and saw the woman keeps following her. She looked in front and stopped walking. The woman approached her and walked before she stopped next to her. She gave her a black envelope and walked away after Hyun-kyung took it.

Hyun-kyung opened the envelope and took the card out. She opened the card and read before smirking triumphantly. She said, "A clue to find the thief."

[Flashback End]

 

"You were right when you saw the VIP card," Taeyong said as they sit on a bench at the city. Hyun-kyung nods and replied, "My cards never fail to give me clues."

"You don't practice black magic but you can predict that much," Taeyong said. Hyun-kyung replied, "Logic and facts."

Hyun-kyung and Taeyong stare at the dark sky and Taeyong said, "I will try to defend Phantom Thieves as much as possible."

"I doubt that," Hyun-kyung replied as she looks at the card. Taeyong pats her back and said, "I will. I keep my promise."

 

19th July 2018, Shinhan Financial Group [09:43]

Bangtan Boys and Hyun-kyung are collecting clues in the bank with Tae-hyung, Eunwoo and Taeyong. Hyun-kyung sits on a chair and said, "The thief is very smart to outsmart us."

"You could say that again," Seokjin said. Eunwoo asks, "Sherlock, you'll be in charge of the Phantom Thieves case right?"

"Could be. Why?" Jungkook walks out from the safe and replied, "They could be a huge threat for us. They keep gaining more trust than us."

"Let them be," Hyun-kyung replied, "We just see what will happen."

"Why the public couldn't trust us? They trust Phantom Thieves, you and Detective Prince," Yoongi said. Tae-hyung looks at Hyun-kyung who is thinking about something. Eunwoo clears his throat and replied, "We don't have to care about that. We're doing our job. They are like us but they operate illegally."

"Well, they are Phantom Thieves of Hearts. They do what phantom thieves do, and cover themselves by claiming that they are doing it for justice," Taeyong replied. Hyun-kyung still remain silent and Hoseok looks at Hyun-kyung. He said, "Sherlock."

Silent. Hyun-kyung stands and said, "Tonight, we're going to the casino to catch the phantom thief. I'll bringing my friends from the previous firm to help us."

"Okay," Namjoon replied. Hyun-kyung walks out from the bank and Tae-hyung follows her. He stops her and Hyun-kyung mutters under her breath, "They say we're not doing it for justice. How could they?"

Tae-hyung hugs her and replied, "Don't mind them. Just... don't get caught."

Eunwoo walks out from the bank and saw them. He quickly hides at a bush to hear what are they talking about. Tae-hyung breaks the hug and asks, "What will happen if Phantom Thieves get caught? Couldn't you do something?"

Hyun-kyung shakes her head and looks at her left. Eunwoo's hat is sticking out and she scoffs before looking at Tae-hyung. She said, "Don't worry. I'll catch Phantom Thieves, even it means to trade my life."

 

19th July 2018, Paradise Casino Walkerhill, Seoul [20:30]

"This is the place," Hyun-kyung said as she parks the black van at the parking lot. She takes off her seatbelt and said, "I received reports that Phantom Thieves might be here as well."

"The gentleman thief that we want to catch is also linked to Phantom Thieves of Hearts?" Seokjin asked. Hyun-kyung replied, "Maybe. Keep your eyes open."

Some of them get out from the car and the remaining members stay inside the van. They walk to the building and look at each other. Hyun-kyung and Byeongkwan wink at the same time, sending a secret code.

Byeongkwan walks inside the casino with Tae-hyung, Hyun-kyung, Jennie, Lisa and Seokjin. They look at each other and split up to carry out the plan. Hyun-kyung walks to a table and saw several people are gambling. She looks at a young male who looks extremely rich and not to mention, it's the same male who is in the wanted list. She takes her phone out and types something.

Hyun-kyung: I found the suspect.

Byeongkwan: Great. Flirt him.

Hyun-kyung: What?! But how?

Tae-hyung: You can do it.

Hyun-kyung: I am not going to flirt him.

Jennie: Is he really handsome?

Kwang-min: JENNIE!

Hyun-kyung: Very handsome.

Jimin: Ah quickly get the information and arrest him.

Hyun-kyung hides her phone inside her golden clutch. She wears a wine red A-line, short-sleeved, floor-length evening gown with red lace on her chest, a pair of red high heels and she completes her look with a diamond necklace with matching earrings. She also put her effort on makeup for the first time and her hair is let loose and wavy. She walks to the suspect and- "Do you want to gamble?"

Hyun-kyung looks at a young man who has purple colour hair and wears a tuxedo. She shakes her head and replied, "No, thank you."

"Zuho, she must be new here," the suspect said as he looks at her. He wraps his left arm around Hyun-kyung's waist and pulls her closer before asking, "Am I correct, sweetie?"

Hyun-kyung nods and Zuho said, "Woah, woah, woah. Wooshin, you're not going to devour another lady, huh?"

"You're just blabbering nonsense," Wooshin replied and said, "I won't hurt any lady, especially beautiful ladies like you."

Wooshin winks at her and Hyun-kyung roll her eyes before looking at the table. She said, "I want to borrow you for a moment, if that's okay with you."

Wooshin nods and walks away and Hyun-kyung follows him. She turns off her radio and they walk to a VIP room. Wooshin sits on a chair and asks, "What is it that you want? Money, gold or maybe..."

Wooshin takes out a black envelope and waves it at her. He asks, "This?"

"You're the phantom thief who robbed the bank a day ago," Hyun-kyung said as she closes the door. Wooshin nods and asks, "Do you think I don't know you, Little Miss Sherlock?"

Hyun-kyung takes out her gun and aims it at his forehead before saying, "Surrender now."

Wooshin laughs and claps before saying, "You know you're such a fool and you act like one."

Hyun-kyung glares at him and Wooshin said, "You're a Phantom Thieves of Hearts member."

Wooshin stands and approaches her before cornering her. Hyun-kyung's hands are shaking and Wooshin takes the gun before throwing it on a bed with red bedsheets. Hyun-kyung said, "Better surrender now or I will- You will what? You will hurt me? I think you should focus on you and your friends' case."

"You don't have to tell me about it," Hyun-kyung muttered. Wooshin hums and said, "If you want me to surrender, I need you to pay me back."

"With what?" Hyun-kyung asked. Wooshin's right hand rises and his fingers touch her jawline. His hands move down to her shoulders and traces the outlines of her dress. Hyun-kyung saw the mischievous smirk plastered on his lips and replied, "You want me to pay you with my own body."

"You take a second for you to guess. Impressive," Wooshin complimented. He looks at her eyes and asks, "Will you do it?"

"How about... no?" Hyun-kyung uses her left fist and punches him before pushing him away. Wooshin falls to the ground and Hyun-kyung runs to get her gun and aims it at Wooshin. She shoots Wooshin's left leg and Wooshin yelps in pain. She approaches him and takes out her handcuffs before Wooshin uses his left elbow to hit her. Hyun-kyung didn't budge and uses her gun to hit his head.

"Okay okay! I surrender!" Wooshin yelled. Hyun-kyung handcuffs him and suddenly, her head gets hit from behind. Hyun-kyung collapses to the ground and it is a different woman, wearing a black evening gown. Wooshin looks at her and said, "Go and get all the gold tomorrow morning at Mansion 81, Chungha."

Chungha nods and asks, "How about her?" Wooshin looks at her and replied, "I'll settle her."

On the other hand, Kwang-min groans and said, "Hyun-kyung turned off the radio."

"Well, the casino can detect everything. So it's no surprise that she turns off her radio," Eunwoo replied. Hoseok hums and suddenly, a message pops up.

Byeongkwan: Red light. Red light.

Jimin: Why?

Tae-hyung: What's going on?

Jungkook: Where is Sherlock?

Byeongkwan: We didn't see her and the suspect.

Jennie: I saw the lady. I'm following her.

Young-min: Okay.

Eunwoo gets out from the van and quickly heads inside the casino. He turns on the sirens and the doors of the casino closes immediately. Everyone is in panic and Eunwoo uses his gun to shoot the ceiling. They duck to the ground and Eunwoo said, "Stay here or you will never see the second sunrise."

Hyun-kyung is knocked out cold and Wooshin stands before falling back to the floor. The door is open and Zuho looks at them before asking, "Did you try to hurt her?"

"I didn't. She has a gun," Wooshin replied. Zuho pushes Wooshin away and carries Hyun-kyung before Wooshin asks, "Where should we hide her?"

"I can handle this. Go help Chungha," Zuho replied.

 

20th July 2018, The Plaza, Seoul [08:10]

Hyun-kyung groans and opens her eyes before blinking a few times. Zuho looks at her and Hyun-kyung looks at him before her eyes widened in shock. She quickly scoots backwards before falling from the bed. Zuho stands and walks to her before saying, "I didn't do anything."

Hyun-kyung stands and takes her gun before aiming at Zuho's forehead. She said, "Stay away or I will kill you."

Zuho takes the gun and throws it somewhere before asking, "Do you remember getting a black envelope two nights ago?"

"What's that related to you?" Hyun-kyung asked. Zuho holds her chin forcefully and Hyun-kyung glares at him. Zuho replied, "I asked my assistant to send it to you."

"Do you think I'm going to believe you?" Zuho takes the two letters after letting go of her chin and said, "The left one is the one Wooshin showed you. The right one, is the one my assistant gave to you."

Hyun-kyung recalls her memory slowly and said, "Wooshin's writing is smaller and neater while your writing is a bit bigger and uglier."

"Is that an insult?" Hyun-kyung replied, "It's a compliment."

Hyun-kyung looks at the window and asks, "Who are you?"

Zuho leans closer to her right ear and replied, "I know that you're Little Miss Sherlock. I am an analyst from the US."

"You're a cop? Show me your badge." Zuho takes his black wallet out and shows her the badge. Hyun-kyung nods and Zuho asks, "Shall we meet my assistant? Then we can catch the gentleman thief and the lady thief."

"How about my mem- I told them." Hyun-kyung takes out her blade and aims it at Zuho's neck, making him laugh. He said, "I didn't kidnap you. That's a fact."

Hyun-kyung puts the blade aside and said, "I need to change my clothes."

Zuho nods and Hyun-kyung walks to go and take a bath. He sits on the bed and takes the gun before changing the bullets. He cleans the blade Hyun-kyung held just now and puts them on the table. He walks to a brown door and opens before letting the same woman Hyun-kyung saw the other day in. He closes the door and said, "It's nice to see you again, Somi."

Somi nods and sits on the bed. She asks, "Is she in the bathroom?"

Zuho nods and sits before asking, "Why?"

"She is quite beautiful in my eyes. Someone that you actually like," Somi replied. Zuho shakes his head and smiles as he looks at her with a tired look. He rubs his eyes and said, "She seems too arrogant to be my girlfriend."

"I thought you like girls like that," Somi questioned before letting out a chuckle. The doorknob turning could be heard and they look at the other door. Hyun-kyung walks out, wearing a simple white long-sleeved blouse and beige trousers. She has her clothes folded neatly and her hair is tied in a messy ponytail. She said, "You must be Jeon Somi."

"I am not surprised that you know," Somi replied. Hyun-kyung put her things inside a bag and replied, "I do know a lot of things."

"So how are we going to arrest them?" Zuho asked. Hyun-kyung sits on the other edge of the bed and replied, "We need to find out where are they heading next."

Somi takes out a silver card from her purse and replied, "Gangwon Land and Casino Hotel. 23rd of July, rich gamblers will gamble approximately 100 billion won."

"Do you perhaps could guess when the next robbery will occur? You're a member of Phantom Thieves of Hearts, after all," Zuho replied. Hyun-kyung shows them her hand and claps. A red card appears and she lays down on the bed before flipping, bending, tearing and clap to get clues. She keeps playing with the red card and flips. The card turns transparent and she looks at it. She sits properly and replied, "Tomorrow, Hyundai Motor Company. Between 13.40 and 17.00."

"You do practice black magic," Zuho said and stands. Somi and Hyun-kyung stand and Hyun-kyung walks to take her weapons. Zuho takes the card out and said, "Inform to your team and wait for me and Somi at the company 12 noon sharp."

"I'll see about it. I have doubts about your badge as well," Hyun-kyung replied and walks out from the hotel room. She walks to the left and heads to the stairs before walking down. She takes out her phone and calls Tae-hyung. She said as soon as he answers the call, "Meet me at 127A."

"Are you okay?" Tae-hyung asked with a hint of worry. Hyun-kyung replied, "I'm fine."

Hyun-kyung pushes the door open and walks pass by Wooshin and Chungha. She stops her tracks and turns around. Wooshin and Chungha are walking to the receptionist and Hyun-kyung said, "Change plan. Say to Young-min that we found them at The Plaza."

 

[Freestyle]

Tae-hyung hums and ends the call. He uses his office telephone and calls Young-min. He waits and Young-min answers the phone by saying, "Tae-hyung have you see Hyun-kyung?"

"She called me and she wants us to go to The Plaza. The suspects are there," Tae-hyung replied. Young-min puts the white telephone back and looks at Kwang-min. Kwang-min looks at him and asks, "Did he see Hyun-kyung?"

"She found the suspects at The Plaza," Young-min replied and Kwang-min stands before leaving the office. He runs down the stairs and pats Eunwoo's back, placing a note on his coat. Kwang-min walks away and Eunwoo takes the note from his coat. He reads it and smiles before walking out from the police department. He gets inside his yellow Lamborghini and starts the engine before putting on his sunglasses. He closes the door and drives to the hotel.

Eunwoo puts on his left earpiece and uses the radio to call Taeyong. A beep could be heard and Eunwoo said, "Bring the team to The Plaza right now. The suspects are spotted there."

Taeyong who is drinking a cup of coffee in his office ends the call and gets off from his office chair before walking out. He uses his smartphone to call and said, "Seokjin, Detective TY here. Please gather the team to The Plaza right now. The wanted suspects are spotted there."

Seokjin replies before ending the call, "Roger that." He presses a black button and said, "Bangtan Squad, the suspect is found at The Plaza. Go there now to arrest him. He is reported to have a female sidekick."

Seokjin rushes out with the team and they all get inside the van. Seokjin drives to the location and Jungkook asked, "Have they found Miss Sherlock?"

"I am not sure," Seokjin replied. He continues, "I think she will be fine. She is Little Miss Sherlock. She has all tricks hidden in her sleeves."

Jimin turns on his gadget and checks the security code. He works with it and Hoseok said, "There. Click there and enter the passcode."

Jimin does what he is told and they look at the CCTV. Namjoon said, "Zoom in there."

The footage is zoomed and Yoongi said, "They haven't left the hotel yet. That's the best opportunity to catch them."

"But who gave the information?" Jungkook asked. Hoseok replied, "I don't know."

 

20th July 2018, Phantom Thieves Restaurant [11:21]

Ren checks the CCTV cameras and Byeongkwan sits on a chair next to him. He looks at it and said, "They are there and you need to turn off all gates to prevent them from escaping."

"What if the police suddenly say Phantom Thieves are trying to be them?" Akira asked as she sits on the table, sipping her drink. Byeongkwan groans and replied, "Don't mind that. They won't know it's our job to make sure the suspects won't escape. Plus, they will credit themselves as the warriors."

"I wonder what Empress is doing," Seung-hee said as she sits on the couch lazily, playing games. Lucas walks out from the store room and replied, "She will be fine. Plus, she wasn't kidnapped. She was taken away."

"It's kidnapping," Xander replied as he walks downstairs to the counter. He sits on a tall stool and Suki stands properly before saying, "I think she is fine. Plus, maybe she was taken by a good man. Who knows."

Ren looks at the screen and said, "Hyun-kyung's there."

Hyun-kyung looks at the CCTV camera and gives them a signal. Phantom Thieves of Hearts look at each other and Ren said, "Glad I hacked into the CCTV. The security won't know that happened."

"So we're going there?" Seung-hee asked. Byeongkwan shakes his head and replied, "We're not going there. We will be watching the show."

 

20th July 2018, The Plaza, Seoul [11:30]

Wooshin walks around and pick pockets rich men's cards that sticks out from their wallets and looks around the hotel. He walks to the restroom and closes the door of the cubicle. He does his own business and keeps the cards inside the pockets of his jacket. He checks his watch and said, "I need to go there now. I cannot get caught."

"Mind explaining that?" Wooshin hears the trigger and feels the end of the gun at the back of his head. He turns around and said, "You're quite bold to go inside the men's restroom."

"They didn't call me Little Miss Sherlock for nothing," Hyun-kyung replied as she moves and leans against the door. She said, "No one will know I'm a woman when I dressed like this."

She wears black oxfords and her hair is hidden underneath her tall hat. She also has her beige trench coat and a brown suitcase. Wooshin stands and said, "You will never catch me."

"You think so, huh?" Wooshin uses his left hand to choke her and Hyun-kyung rolls her eyes. She said, "I can't shoot you just to not let people know there will be a murder here."

"You're a coward. Just admit it," Wooshin muttered and Hyun-kyung keeps her gun before using her elbows to hit Wooshin's face. Wooshin stumbles and falls into the bowl and Hyun-kyung runs out. Wooshin gets up and approaches her before Hyun-kyung uses her blades to stab into his forearms. Wooshin yells in pain and Hyun-kyung kicks him before running out. She sprints and- "This is the police!"

Hyun-kyung stops running and shows her badge. Seokjin approaches her and Hyun-kyung said, "I hurt him. Bring him to the hospital and treat him before sending him to jail."

A gunshot could be heard and a female scream is heard. The authorities run to find them and Hyun-kyung takes out her phone. She calls someone and waits for a moment. The call is being answered and- "You actually know me but you act like you don't."

Hyun-kyung chuckles and replied, "I was just testing how sincere you could be. Surprisingly you know about Phantom Thieves." She saw the suspects being dragged out and Yoongi asks, "Are you going back now?'

Hyun-kyung shakes her head and Yoongi leaves with everyone else. Hyun-kyung walks out from the hotel and asks, "Perhaps you want to come over for tea tomorrow?"

"Sure why not?" Zuho's voice replied and Hyun-kyung ends the call. She looks at Eunwoo who is busy with the police officers and Taeyong who is talking with Zuho and Somi. Eunwoo looks at her and walks to her before saying, "You predicted it."

"You could say I have black magic but in reality, you just need logic and common sense," Hyun-kyung replied. Eunwoo nods and asks, which Hyun-kyung simply nod, "Do you want me to send you home?"