Play a Game

Alternate Universe

That night, she was wearing her pyjama. 

I just came home from work when I saw her in the room with her back facing me. When she heard me stepping in she turned around. I saw a genuine smile, which automatically made me smile too.

"Welcome home, Jichu"

"Were you waiting for me?" 

She nodded. "We are going to play a game tonight"

"You... remember?"

"Of course I do" She stared at me for a while, then her lips turned to a slight frown. "Have I really disappointed you that much that you thought I would forget?"

"Well..." I cleared my throat. I moved from my place while tossing my bag to the chair. "It's just that you always seem to forget"

She was silent before I heard her talk. "I am sorry. Sorry for forgetting, not only the game but many other promises I made. Sorry for ignoring you, not caring enough for you. Sorry for everything"

I gulped and walked closer to her. My hand was already brushing her bangs. "I can accept that. I can accept being hurt if it means you will come back to me one day and for forever. I have always wanted to understand you if you would let me to. I just hope you would and open up to me"

She nodded again. "I am trying. Which is why I am here tonight"

I beamed at her. "Let me take a shower first before we start?"

"Sure. I will just wait here, Jichu"

She was still there when I stepped out of the bathroom, and no words could describe how relieved I was to see her still there. To see her not suddenly gone. To see her wait for me and actually meant it. To see her actually care about how I felt towards her promises. Our little promises that meant a lot to me. 

#

"Love" 

"Elephant"

"Typhoon"

"Naughty"

"Yellow"

"Window"

"You have used window before!" She yelled. "You lose, Jichu"

"Have I?"

"Yes, you said it soon as the letter came up"

We had playes many games, and now dragon-tail had been up for 10 minutes. The idea was to say a word in English and the next person must say a word that starts with the last letter of the previous word. Of course Jennie won this, it's in English. She won every in time and I just let her. She wasn't the whipped one, I was. 

"Ugh fine, fine. You're still as good as you have been, Jendeukie. You always won" 

"I get to ask a question right?"

"Yes"

Her beautiful (even though she never thinks they're beautiful) eyes were rolling and her y (she doesn't admit it's true) were moving slightly as she thought of a question. Seconds later she seemed to resolve with something, and glanced at me briefly before she opened . 

But then I woke up.