I Miss You

Alternate Universe

"Jisoo" 

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was my own room. I turned my head and saw her standing there. She was putting on her usual shy, but warm smile. 

 "Jennie" I remember walking towards her immediately and hugging her. "Jen, I miss you"

"Me too" She replied. "I'm sorry for everything that happened. Are we still friends?"

"I'm sorry too" I let go of the embrace and stared at her. "Is it true that you miss me? All this time we have been apart, you have never looked nor sounded like you do"

"It's not like that. I have a lot of things going on in my life, but I have never had the intention to ignore you. Or to abandon you. Or to let things between us fall apart. Believe me I never"

"Should I trust you this time?"

Jennie held both of my hands. "You can and you must. I will never break your trust again. I miss you and I miss us"

I pulled one hand off hers only to bring it to her cheek. "Have you eaten? Should we talk as we eat?"

"That's good. I can cook for you"

"How I miss the food you cook and the way you tell me about them" I smiled. 

She walked first towards the kitchen. That was when I noticed she was wearing her favorite blue T-shirts covered with the gray sweater. Her hair was tied to a ponytail. This was her best look in my eyes - the cute and innocent Jendeukie. I followed her. It was vague but I remember I was wearing my own pyjama.

She cooked and I waited patiently at the table.

"Your favorite, chickin" She put the big plate in front of me. 

"You still remember it" 

"Of course I do, Jichu" She sat on the chair across. "I always remember everything about you"

"Including the first day we talked?"

She nodded. "Every single line you said to me"

"Well, I might have to give you a quiz"

Her lips gave me a smirk. "Go on, challenge me"

"What did I say when I first chatted you?"

"You said that you wanted to talk to more people in the class, and asked if I lived nearby"

I smiled brightly. "Kudos to you. Do you remember how you acted back then?"

She giggled. "I was really shy and it took me so long to type my replies. I remember you getting a bit annoyed by it"

This time, I was the one nodding. "That's right. You didn't talk much back then that I almost gave up on talking to you after a few times"

"Really? Then why didn't you?"

"Because there was something about you that kept me going on. You began opening up after that, and I am glad you did"

"It was because I knew you were worth the time, Jichu. Now eat before your chickin gets cold"

I remember smiling at her before everything turned black. 

A few hours later the sun greeted me and I knew I ran out of time.