Chapter 16.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters

Chapter 16

 

Seoul, South Korea

 

"Oh crap, , motherfuc-"

"Stop cursing!" Seungwan stopped Sooyoung's speech, the girl was pacing around the motel room looking like a lunatic. "Just calm down, please."

"Calm down?! Calm down, you say." Sooyoung let out a humorless laugh. "That's easy for you to say, my little sister was just kidnapped!"

Seulgi tried to grab her to calm her down but she dodged her hand. "We'll save her, have faith." She insisted.

"Faith?! Do you not see we're in deep ?" Sooyoung yelled and threw her arms in the air. "We're supposed to save the world but we couldn't even save my little girl." She choked on her words and covered her face but it was too late, the girls could already see the river of tears falling from her eyes.

Joohyun sighed, she knew damn well it was useless to argue against her and tell her that everything was going to be alright when she knew it wasn't. Joohyun had nothing to give to Sooyoung but her sympathy, she was never good with words or at conforting people, so she just stayed silent. Yerim, on the other hand, got up from her previous position on the chair and walked up to where Sooyoung was openly weeping. She put her hands on  the taller girl's arms and started rubbing them. Sooyoung was surprised by the sudden feeling of human warmth and when she took her hands away from her face Yerim quickly hugged her tightly. It took awhile before she hugged her back but after a few seconds her arms found the younger girl's waist and she buried her face on her neck curve.

"We'll figure this out." Seungwan said making Sooyoung look at her.

She then parted from her hug with Yerim and crossed and arms to her chest. "I knew I shouldn't have let her be a part of this."

"You had no choice." Seungwan rose her voice and came closer to Sooyoung looking up at the much taller girl. "She's a chosen one. We need her. We need her powers. We can't live up to the prophecy without her."

"But she's just a child. And look! Now she was kidnapped." She sighed and ran a hand through her hair desperatly. "I'm going to find her and she will have nothing more to do with this."

Joohyun stepped it this time. "You can't do that. We need her. You know it and you understand why."

Sooyoung got in front of Joohyun, making the older girl feel helpless in front of this alpha female. "Yes, I understand, and I hope you understand that she's all I have left."

"And what? You're going to replace her once we find her? 'Cause you can't, she's the one and only one so don't get all heroe on us." Seungwan turned her back to the others and left, slamming the door.

Seulgi sighed and went to stand beside Joohyun. "I understand both your points. But we have to stop this silly discussion. We have to inform the Kings of what has happened."

The other three girls that were left in the room nodded in understanding. They all heard a knock coming from the door. They turned to look at it and found Hojong looking confused.

"Uh, Seungwan-shi just ran out." He awkwardly pointed towards where she left.

Sooyoung sighed but still looked worried. "I'll go talk to her."

Sooyoung passed through Hojong and the door, not before listening to his words. "She left through the main door." She headed to the door that leaded to the road, she could hear the loud noise of cars and trucks passing through the motel. She opened the door and looked at both sides of the sidewalk. Looked right, nothing. Looked left, bingo. A small girl was squatted next to the motel wall, her arms around her body.

"Ya!" Sooyoung yelled at her startling the poor girl, making her stand up.

As she stood up Sooyoung could tell she had been crying since she kept wiping tears off her face. "What do you want?" Sooyoung's face softened at the broken voice of the girl.

"I know you're worried about her too." Sooyoung came closer to her and stood with her front next to Seungwan's back. "I saw the bond you had with her. I could tell she likes you also very much."

Seungwan let out a shaky breath. "I'm so sorry. I should be the one conforting you, not the other-" Before she could finish she felt two strong arms wrapped around her body. Her fase went from sadness to surprise and she tried to get out of the embrace.

"Please just-just let this happen." Sooyoung closed her eyes enjoying the feeling of the girl's smaller body.

"If someone told you a few weeks ago we would be in this position would you believe them?" Seungwan asked her with humor laced in her voice.

Sooyoung smiled a bit a shook her head. "Not even in a million years." 

They stood like that for a few more moments before they heard the door reopen. They didn't have much time to process what was going on before they heard another sound, this time a cough. 

"Hum..." They turned around and saw the girls smirking softly and Hojong looking at them awkwardly once more. The girls parted the second right after, Sooyoung quickly ignored the topic and headed towards them while Seungwan just stared at the floor. "We're leaving back to the Kingdoms right now."


------------

 

The Soul Kingdom

 

"There has been a problem." Kibum announced as he arrived at his office. The other three were already standing waiting for his arrival after his conversation with Hojong. "They attacked the girls-"

"What?" Taemin run a hand through his hair. "How is Joohyun? How is my daughter? Did you not warn them in time?"

Minho quickly grabbed his shoulders. "Friend, let him finish." Then looked back at Kibum as if asking him to continue.

"She is fine, Joohyun's fine, they're all fine. But," He sighed. "the Mind chosen one has been kidnapped."

Jinki shook his head incredulous. "But, no, no, she's still a kid." He looked at the floor and then back up. He took two steps towards the table and let his fist punch the table. "Those bastards."

Kibum nodded, agreeing with his words. "They'll be coming back today. We have to be careful, they'll be passing through the Reality Kingdom, they don't know it's Yerim's uncle who's behind this." He spoke so quickly he ran out of breath.

Minho came closer to him. "We have to go there. Bohyun doesn't know we know yet. If we're there he won't hurt the girls, he'll have to keep up the façade."

"Let's get going then." Taemin quickly went out the door and the other Kings rushed to keep up with him.


------------


The Reality Kingdom

 

The Kings opted to drive themselves to the Reality Kingdom instead of asking their personal driver to take them. King Jinki decided that he was the most fitted to drive them there since the Mind Kingdom was relatively close to the Reality Kingdom and he had told them he knew the roads as if they were the palm of his hand.

"Jinki, are you sure we aren't lost?" Taemin asked him scared.

"Positive, look ahead, we can already see the buildings." All Kings looked straight ahead to find the unmistakable skyscrapers of the Reality Kingdom.

"Do the girls know we're coming to get them?" Minho looked at Kibum.

"Yep, I told Hojong."

They passed the highway next to the Kingdom that goes straight to the passageway to the human world and only to the passageway.

They started seeing the beam of light from a distance. "Woah, is that it?" Taemin asked. 

"I guess so." Minho answered. "I've never been so close to it."

They stopped the car feet away from the beam and they could already see a limo coming from it. They all got out and stood in their king like positions that showed their power.

"The girls." Kibum acknowledged.

"The girls." The other agreed in unison.

The limo stopped abruptly next to them. A few seconds later Hojong came out and greeted the Kings.

"Your majesties."

Kibum went next to him and gave him a hug. "Thank you for taking care of the girls." He said at his ear.

Hojong shook his head. "But, I didn't, Minyoung-"

Kibum parted the hug. "You did your best." He smiled him slightly. "We'll find her. We have more information. We'll find her and Queen Naeun."

"You didn't tell my daughter about my wife, right?" Taemin stepped in the conversation.

"No. No, your majesty, you ordered me, I could never." Hojong gave a small bow in respect and Taemin simply nodded in understanding.

"Let's see the girls, shall we." Minho broke the ice.

Hojong smiled and went to open their door. Joohyun was the first to step out. Taemin looked at his daughter and saw the leader she was, how much she reminded him of his wife. He made a self note to only tell her about her mother when they were by themselves. He pulled her into a hug and she quickly hugged him back.

"I'm so glad you're okay sweetheart." He brethed out and she could feel tears forming in her eyes.

Right after Joohyun, Seungwan came out and went straight to her King, not before bowing respectfully to the others. "Seungwan-shi." Minho smiled at her. "I hope it was a rather educational trip."

Seungwan gave him a grin. "Very much." She turned fo look at Sooyoung who was heading towards King Jinki and smiled sadly.

"Sooyoung-shi." Jinki started. "I can't put to words how sorry I am for your sister. But I promise you, we will find her."

She gave him a tight smile. "We will. Even if it's the last thing I do." She started thinking of all the things she would do to the ones that took her precious sister. Things that a simple Mind Kingdom person would find violent and crude. But she didn't care, she had to protect her kid.

King Jinki heard every single one of her thoughts but simply ignored them and didn't speak to her about it. He knew she had every right to be angry right now.

When Seulgi got out of the car she immediately ran to her father who welcomed her with open arms. "Pumpkin, I missed you so much." He brushed her back.

"Missed you too daddy." She smiled happily.

Minho coughed to get everyone's attention before starting to talk. "This is all very endearing but we have to leave this Kingdom this instance."

Seungwan, confused, asked him. "Your highness, why?"

Minho sighed and looked at the other Kings. "We have something to tell you, but we should get back to the Soul Kingdom first. " He looked around searching for cameras or spies anywhere. "Here, even the trees have ears."

 


 

AN: I'm so sorry for the delay guys but I only got home now!! Either way, I'mmm back with chapter 16!!! Hope you liked it. Give me your thoughts in the comments.

Follow me @goblins2ndbride and @lenisqueen (twitter) and @lenisqueen (instagram)

Please comment & share!!

See ya tuesday!!

Love ya cupcakes (*^。^*)