Chapter 15.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters The Velvet Masters

Chapter 15

 

The Soul Kingdom

 

For the past few days the four Kings were desperate to find the Queen. Unfortunately, and even though they had search every single corner from their kingdoms, they hadn't found a single clue on where she could be or who had taken her. The Soul Kingdom was full with refugees from the Mind and Time Kingdoms. And while King Minho was helping his fellow royals his son had taken his place for the time being.
They splitted their roles. King Kibum was in charge of taking care of the refugees, giving them a place to stay since the palace was already full and water and food. King Minho's job was to gather as much information as possible, they gathered every single investigator from the Kingdoms to help them find the Queen and whoever was behind this. King Jinki merely tried to help as much as possible, trying to cheer King Taemin up and helping the others when they had some minor businesses to take care of. King Taemin would always try to go with the detectives but King Minho would never let him. A King couldn't be put in such dangerous situations.

The Kings were at another meeting. The three Kings were waiting for King Minho to arrive with more information about the Queen's whereabouts. They were all sitting down on the couch on King Kibum's office. When they heard the door opening they all got up at light speed. King Minho calmly shut the door not sayinng a word to the anxious Kings. His face was neutral as he sat down across them, crossed his legs and brought his hand to his lips in deep thought while he spaced out. King Kibum and Jinki stood there calm and soon they sat back down again still looking at Minho. King Taemin just wasn't having it.

"So? Do you have something else? You're thinking so you definitely have something else. Tell me." He came closer to him almost in a threatening way.

King Minho put his hand up and laid his back on the couch. "Wait. Don't stop my train of thought."

Taemin sighed. But he knew it was better if he waited. Minho may be a jerk most of the time but they knew it was serious every time he was in deep thinking.

Kibum got up. "I'm going to make us some tea. I can feel the tension flying around." Jinki nodded at him.

"A beer for me." Kibum rolled his eyes and headed for the door.

"Camomile. For all." He stated and walked out. Jinki throwed his hands up in surrender.

Minho calmly got up and headed towards the window. The window that was pointed to the Reality Kingdom. He looked at the tall skyscrapers far away for a few seconds before looking back at the two confused Kings.

"How could we be so blind?" He laughed in disbelief. "How hadn't I seen it before. It all makes sense."

"What? What makes sense?" Taemin asked impatiently.

"For the last weeks we've been playing their game. We've been after everything they wanted us to go after. They have left us empty clues." Minho said. "The bad guy has been playing us right under our noses. Don't you see? Why do you think the Reality Kingdom isn't letting us search there? They say they have the safest borders in all Five Kingdoms. That it would be impossible for criminals to get in because of the advanced technological services. But what if no criminal gets in because they are already in?"

King Taemin's eyes went from confusion to realisation. Jinki didn't seem to catch up. "What does that mean?"

"Why do you think King Bohyun doesn't attend our meetings even after we have invited him? Why do you think he has been denying that these attacks are happening? How could the criminals go into the human world and kill all those humans without passing through the passageway in the Reality Kingdom?" He almost yelled. "It's because he's in all this."

Minho got startled by a bunch of glass that fell behind him. He turned around to find Kibum surprised. He dropped everything in shock. "So, what you're saying is that the King is behind these attacks?"

Minho nodded and Kibum had to sit down. "I knew I never liked him. I always had my suspicions that it was him who killed him brother and his wife." Taemin said running a hand through his hair. "Our poor friend Jonghyun."

They all looked down at the floor in respect. King Jinki's eyes were already floating in tears. "That son of a ." He yelled while punching the table.

"That's why we took Yerim away when she was little." Minho looked up at the others, catching their attention. "It was the only way of keeping her safe. A few days before he was killed Jonghyun made me promise that whatever happened I would take care of his daughter and keep her safe. And that's what I did. When Bohyun ordered his minions to set the palace on fire I tried to save them all. I just- I just couldn't. I grabbed Yerim and got out of there. Later that day when they confirmed that it was an intentional fire I knew I had to protect her. I made Bohyun think she was dead before leaving her in the human world. It was the best thing I could think of. That man would only hurt her. He was always greedy for power. He couldn't stand that his younger brother turned King because he himself didn't have powers. But that's the law, only half-gods can become Kings. He just never accepted that." Minho sighed.

"But why do this? He's already King. Why would he be killing all these people and creating caos?" Taemin raised his voice. "Why would he kidnap my wife?"

Minho put his arm on Taemin's shoulder. "That I don't know old friend. I wish I knew."

King Kibum ordered someone to clean the mess he had made. He then sat back down putting a hand on his forehead trying to think straight. "Well, at least he doesn't know about the prophecy. He doesn't know about our secret weapon and the golden moon."

King Taemin and Jinki nodded. "They still have three weeks." Taemin stated and Kibum nodded.

Minho got lost in thought again.

"What's wrong Minho?" Jinki asked noticing his state.

"Just thinking." He paused. "What if...What if he knows?"

Kibum shook his head. "It's impossible. Don't worry about it."

"But is it really?" Minho insisted. "The girls passed to the human world through the Reality Kingdom. They keep track on everyone who passes. What if they find out why they went there?"

King Kibum's pulse quickened as he realized what that meant. King Jinki met eyes with King Taemin who looked frustrated.

"We have to inform the girls."

 

-------

 

Seoul, South Korea

 

After the girls spent that day exploring, having fun at the park and saving humans from an armed freak, their routine went back to being the same old practice days. Yerim's powers were stronger than ever. Sooyoung and Seungwan were actually being civilised with each other, most days. And our power couple was greater than ever. Every night Seulgi would sneak out from her room and go into Joohyun's room so that they could spend the night together. They shared small butterfly kisses and hugged each other until they both fell asleep. The girls were getting their bond stronger day by day. They even started giving classes to Minyoung since she couldn't go to school. Seungwan being the smartest gladly took over that role. 

They were at yet another mathematics lesson when Sooyoung came in and interrupted them.

"See, you always multiply before you add or subtract, the same happens when you have to-"

"Good afternoon ladies." Sooyoung came in making Minyoung giggle.

Seungwan rolled her eyes. "Could you please just let me finish explaning to her this bit before being rude?"

"No can do. You have been keeping her in these walls for the whole afternoon. The sun is shinning. Kids should be learning outside, having fun." Minyoung smiled at her sister's words, obviously agreeing with her.

"Unlike you, she isn't complaining." Seungwan got up and crossed her arms staring and Sooyoung.

"Well, I'm her sister, I know what's best for her-"

"Seriously guys? I thought you were done fighting?" Joohyun leaned on the door frame.

"It's her fault!" Both girls yelled at the same time point at the other one. WheN they noticed they were in sync they both crossed their arms and turned the opposite way.

Before Joohyun could tell them to stop bickering they heard a loud noise coming from the outside. They all immediately ran towards where they thought the sound had come from. When they left the motel to go to the backyard they saw Seulgi laying on the floor with Yerim beside her and the guards fighting some men they had identified as half-gods with powers from every Kingdom.

"Goddess." Seungwan cried as Joohyun ran to Seulgi. "They-they're the guys. They found us. They're here to get rid of us."

"Are you sure?" Sooyoung asked hiding Minyoung behind her.

Minyoug tried to peak at what was going on failing. "What's going on?"

"Nothing sweetie, nothing." Sooyoung got down and looked into Minyoung's eyes. "I need you to go back inside. Go back and hide. Don't let anyone see you, do you understand."

"But-"

"Promise me." Sooyoung insisted taking out her pinky. 

Minyoung brought her own pinky to intertwin with Sooyoung's and nodded. "I promise." She then ran back to the motel to hide in a safe place.

The guards were almost running out of energy. They were being beaten. Joohyun shook Seulgi trying to make her wake up. Kissing her hands trying to get some reaction from her. 

"Please, oh Goddess please wake up. How did this happen?" She looked at Yerim.

"They hit her with a strong blow. I tried to help her but-but-" Yerim tried to maintain calm but she could feel an anxiety attack forming inside her.

Seungwan and Sooyoung came next to them. "How is she?" Sooyoung asked.

Joohyun stried to shake her again. "Still not answering."

Then, out of nowhere, Seungwan slapped Seulgi hard right on her cheek. Joohyun was about to yell at her when Seulgi stated slowly opening her eyes. "What happened?"

"No time to explain. We have to help the guards." Seungwan quickly ran over to where they were fighting and Sooyoung trailed after her with Yerim.

As Joohyun was helping Seulgi get up they heard the motel back door opening and hitting the wall suddenly and with force. When all girls looked at what was going on they found a man dressed in black, non of the girls had ever seen that man, he had a scar across his right eye. That's not what attracted their attention though, they saw that he was holding and unconscious Minyoung on his arms. Sooyoung immediately ran up to him.

"Let go of her." She raised her hand to use her powers against him but he quickly counter attacked and she ended up falling with her back on the floor. She rolled over in pain and Seungwan quickly ran over to her.

"Sooyoung~ah!" 

The other girls started to slowly walk up to him. "Do not try anymore funny business or I'll destroy your friend here." He threatened. "My Master has heard of what you're trying to do. But, trust me, you won't make it. You better back off before you're too into this hell. I'm giving you my greatest advice."

"Drop my sister." Sooyoung said with a weak voice still on the floor.

"I don't think so sweetheart. I'm taking her with me." He smirked. "Take this as a warning. You will not want to upset the Master. Stop trying to save what is already lost." He then disappeared as the other men did leaving six confused and tired guards and five girls filled with rage.

 

 

 

AN: Helloooo guys, I'm back with chapter 15. Hope you enjoyed it! Now we have an idea who the bad guy is!! What do you think they want with the Queen? And why did they take Minyoung? Give me your thoughts in the comments!!

Please comment & share!!

Follow me @goblins2ndbride and @lenisqueen (twitter) and @lenisqueen (instagram)

See ya friday!! 

Love ya beauties (^o^)丿