Let Me Help You

Closer
Please log in to read the full chapter

Orthopedics Department had a conference the next day so everyone was busy.

 

“Dara, just bring this blue bag. It contains our record of daily admissions, emergency calls, and discharges. Just stick with me, okay?” Youngbae instructed Dara as they were on duty that day.

 

“Noted, Dr. Youngbae,” Dara answered diligently.

 

“Doc Bae. Just call me Doc Bae. I get tired too easily when I hear my long name, Dr. Dong Youngbae. It makes me feel old. I know you are older than me, though! Ha~ha!” Youngbae teased.

 

“YAAAH! You should give respect—“

 

“Yes, to the elderly? Ha~ha~ha!” Youngbae cut what she was saying.

 

“Whatever you say, Doc Bae! You—“

 

“WHERE THE HELL IS JIYONG? Did you contact him already? Is he dead already? I HOPE HE’S DEAD ALREADY. That motherf—! He knew we needed everyone to be here! Everyone’s so busy. We need this conference for accreditation. And we need the first years to manpower the operating room! GODDAMNIT! I BET HE’S FCKING GIRLS AROUND!” TOP cursed loudly that it echoed inside the residents’ call room.

 

“He’s not picking up, sir.” Seungri’s voice was shaking.

 

“What the— WHERE. THE. FCK. IS. HE?” TOP cursed once more. He looked at everyone and he met Dara’s eyes. She was so scared. It seemed that she was about to cry because of the sudden chaos in the department. Where are you, Jiyong?She asked herself. She reached for her phone and texted, “Hello, Dr. Jiyong. Are you feeling alright?”

 

No reply.

 

Two hours later, while she was walking in the lobby, she bumped into Jiyong.

 

“You’re blooming today, Dee!” Jiyong smiled and winked at her.

 

She didn’t look at him. She continued to walk. She felt his hand touched hers, lightly and swiftly. Her heart began beating fast. Are you okay, doc? A question which she kept to herself. She looked back. She saw Jiyong heading to the bigger conference room. What happened?

 

*beep*

 

“Darrabit, are you free this lunch? Let’s eat together!” Daesung texted.

 

“I don’t know yet. We have accreditation conference today. I might be needed during lunch to serve the visitors,” Dara replied.

 

“>.<“ Daesung replied right away.

 

*beep*

 

“Dara, come here in the Emergency Room. We will put bandage to a patient. I’ll teach you,” Youngbae informed her.

 

Dara and Youngbae spent half an hour in the Emergency Room. After bandaging and discharging the patient, Youngbae invited her to go to the conference room with him. When they reached the room, the crowd was having a short break. They sat beside Jiyong.

 

“Dude, what happened to you?” Youngbae asked Jiyong in a low voice.

 

“Nothing. I overslept,” Jiyong answered nonchalantly.

 

“I bet with a woman?” Seungri teased. Jiyong grinned.

 

Dara blushed when she heard the conversation. She felt embarrassed at the topic and at the same time, she felt a slight sting on her chest. When she looked up, she saw Jiyong staring at her. She looked away and focus on the screen in front.

 

Earlier...

 

“Sorry TOP, I failed to set the alarm. This will not happen again,” Jiyong recited as he entered in the room, panting.

 

“GODDAMNIT, JIYONG! We are under manpower because of YOU! PSY and Se7en covered for you in the operating room! Now, Seungri’s the one entertaining the visitors while Youngbae’s having emergency calls! You better go and replace PSY so he could start his report before the committee!” TOP reprimanded him. “Get over her, Jiyong! Stop fooling around with women! Prove that you are more than your father’s connections and that you deserve THIS,” TOP continued.

 

“Stop it, hyung. I’m over her. If I fool around this time, it’s not because of her anymore,” Jiyong answered firmly.

 

“Whatever you say, brother. You disappointed me today,” and TOP left.

 

As Jiyong entered the male’s dressing room inside the operating room to get changed, PSY was already heading out,

 

“Hey, troublemaker. The surgeries are done for today. You can follow and attend the conference,” PSY said as he passed by Jiyong.

 

“Sorry, hyung. Go ahead. I’ll just buy some coffee,” Jiyong apologized. He looked at his phone and saw several missed calls and texts. One particular sender appeared. “Dara?” He double checked the name of the sender. “Why would she care?” he turned off the screen and hea

Please log in to read the full chapter