The Courtesy Call

Closer
Please log in to read the full chapter

~Pediatric Rotation~

 

“Hey, Dara! When are we going to do the powerpoint presentation for the final reporting?” Daesung asked Dara while they were doing rounds in the Pediatric ward.

 

Dara stopped checking the list of admissions on her duty yesterday to answer Daesung. “Hmm. Probably tonight? Do we have a case yet?”

 

“None yet. But I had a patient last night with fever and rashes on his extremities. It was a Dengue Fever although the rashes were a little different. I was thinking if our differential diagnosis could be Henoch-Schonlein Purpura,” Daesung answered diligently.

 

“Okay, dibs on that case. Let’s focus on the Dengue Fever and dehydration. Give me the patient’s details later and I’ll print the medical records. Thank you, Dae! I’ll just finish this admission’s list and see you at lunch?” Dara didn’t wait for Dae’s answer. She gave him a big hug and hurriedly left.

 

Daesung bumped into Chaerin and Bom. “Daesungggg! Where is Dara? We’ve been texting her because our group will be having a courtesy call and orientation in Orthopaedic Department this afternoon,” Chaerin told Daesung.

 

“Well, she was in Pediatric ward few moments ago. As usual, she’s so focused doing all the senior’s paperworks that she tends to ignore our SMS.” Daesung told them while scrolling on his phone. “But whatever! I am lucky she’s my besty. She’ll save my life from this final report. It’s such a pain in the ! Dibs on the Dengue Fever case, arasso?”

 

“Okay. We’ll look for her. I heard the Ortho Chief Res is unpredictable. I don’t want to leave any wrong impressions with the seniors. 😭 Let’s go, Chaerin,” Bom said.

 

 

——

 

 

Dara finally finished her paperworks and her senior’s backlogs when she checked her phone. “Oh, shoot! It’s already 2pm!” Dara said to herself. She opened her phone’s contacts and dialed Daesung’s number. “Hey, Dae! Did you—“

 

“Yes, you flaker. I ate in the cafeteria with my groupmates. I knew you were going to miss our lunch so I bought you a burrito. Is that ok? Where are you?” Daesung cut what she was going to say.

 

“Here in the residents’ call room. Will meet you in our callroom. Thank you and sorry.” Dara said before hanging up the phone. She replied to several SMS including Chaerin’s and Bom’s.

 

 

 

——

 

 

 

After eating late lunch, Dara met up with Chaerin and Bom in front of Orthopaedics Surgery. “Are you ready?” Chaerin and Bom both said at the same time.

 

“Uh... Actually, I am nervous. This is one of my weakest fields in medicine. I hope the residents are just chill about everything,” Dara honestly said.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter