•chapter 4•

In a heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Kim Jisoo, 33 years old woman, in an anesthetized state. She drank strong liquor and collapsed.”

“Omg jisoo, What if she dies!” 

“Omg what do we do” Irene and Seulgi cried.

“Her pulse 96 and BP 90/60, we’ll arrive approximately 5 minutes.” said the nurse.

“Omg jisoo, eotokke?!”

“Jisoo noo!”

“Can you please be quite?!” The nurse said. After they arrived at the hospital Jisoo was rushed to the ER. 

“We have a seizure patient here”

“Okay bring her in” the other nurse said.

“The interval between seizures has shortened, her oxygen saturation has fallen as well” the nurse informed.

“Okay we’re going to lift her 1..2..3”

And they lifted Jisoo up and put her on the bed.

“Jisoo, Jisoo, Jisoo!”

“Is she going to die? What to we do? Please save her”

Irene and Seulgi still cried.

Then the doctor came.

“Send these people out, and how’s the patient?” Dr. Kim Taehyung said

“Blood pressure 160/100. Oxygen saturation 90%. Both sides are moving air”

“Exactly how much did she drink?”

“The oxygen saturation is dropping to 85”

“Please prepare to bag her and let’s give her oxygen at 10 L/min.” The other doctor said. “No, it won’t work since she’s resisting, she needs to be intubated.” Dr. Kim said. 

“She still has her gag reflex”

“Barely, this is enough to be seen as unconscious. It’s going to be a mess If something obstructs her airway. We need to intubation to prevent pneumonia and it’ll be easier to monitor her later. Please prepare for intubation. And why are these people still here?!” Dr. Kim yelled.

“Yes Doctor. Please wait outside, you cannot be like this in here” the nurse said to Irene and Seulgi leading them out the door. As the doctor opened Jisoo’s mouth she threw up on his hands. They wiped her face and his hands.

“There’s something in , I can’t see the carina” Dr. Kim said

“Oxygen saturation is dropping and the patient is not responding to the pain”

“Tweezers”

They handed him the tweezers.

“Doctor!“

“Stay still”

“Oxygen saturation just dropped to 75 and the capillaries are not refilling blood either”

“Doctor we can’t wait any longer! Nurse Chou please prepare for a cricothyrotomy”.

“Oh what can we do *sigh* she’s still young and she’ll have a cut on her neck” Nurse Son said. “Doctor if we keep delaying-“

“I got it! Wait a moment”

They all watched anxiously at Dr. Kim as he pulled out..“a mussel shell?”

“Size 7.5 tube, quickly” Dr.Kim asked.

They put tube in Jisoo’s mouth.

“A little bit more, just a little bit more. That’s right. I got it. Please bag her”

After he successfully put the tube in Jisoo’s mouth he started listening at her heartbeat. “She’s breathing again” 

“Oxygen saturation has gone up again”

“Good job!” Dr.Kim said.

“She almost got a surgical scar on her neck, it’s really fortunate” Nurse Chou said.

“Would she even know when she’s drunk like this? Nurse Son asked. “Should we start an IV drop too?”

“Start with 30% glucose and add 500cc CBZ” 

“Yes Doctor”

After that he went back to his office. A few hours later Taehyung was half asleep when he got startled by a knock on his door. 

It was the nurse “Doctor, please sign this”

“Huh..oh ugh what time is it?”

“It’s almost three Doctor”

“How’s  that drunk wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter