•chapter 3•

In a heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung pov

“Here’s the information you need to know about what you should teach” the assistant said handing me a file. “Thank you”. She bowed to me and left my office.  On the file said everything that I need to teach. I will be teaching 2 students for 3 months. 

Student 1.

Name: Kim Doyoung

Age: 32 

student at the UCSF Medical Centre in California.

As I looked at the second student’s name my eyes widened. I was shocked, my heart stopped for a second after what I read. 

Student 2.

Name: Kim Jisoo

Age: 33 

student at the UCSF Medical Centre in California.

I didn’t know what to do, I just stood there and kept looking at the file.

Jisoo pov

I was home when I got the email from my professor, it was the information for the hospital. As I clicked on the email I started to read it. It said that I was going to the Asan Medical Centre in Seoul with my fellow classmate Doyoung.I got so excited because my dream of becoming a doctor was finally coming true. As I scroll further I looked for the doctor that was going to teach us. My heart stopped for a second after I saw his name. Dr.Park Jinyoung.     

I couldn’t believe my eyes.I thought I would never hear or see it again. I thought I had forgotten about him after what he did, I didn’t want to see him. Now I’m going to be in the same hospital and working with him for 3 months?!  

I started to panic so I called my best friend Jennie. “Hey Jisoo what’s up?”

“Jennie something bad is happening”

“What? what happened”

“I just got the email from my professor and guess who is teaching me”

“Who?”

“Guess!”

“I don’t know...is it uhm...OMG is it him?”

“It’s him”

“Omg no way, wait he became a doctor? I always thought he’d become a businessman or something like that”

“JENNIE FOCUS! What should I do?”

“Oh uhm...idk what you should do. Do you still wanna go?”

“I means of course I want to go, it’s my dream Jennie and this is my only chance”

“Then go for it ,no one will stop you...not even a stupid ex that cheated on you”

“I want to go but I don’t want to go”

“Jisoo listen this is about you okay? This is your dream of becoming a doctor, you already forgot about him okay?”

"Okay” I said in a sad tone.

“You’ll be fine. If you need anything just call or text me I’ll always be here okay?”

“Okay”. After that Jennie and I said goodnight to each other. I was still doubting whether I should go or not. After all these years I was over him but a part of me wasn’t. I wanted to see him but I also didn’t want to. All these thoughts running thru my mind made me have a headache.

So I went to the kitchen and took in some paracetamol and went to bed hoping that I will forget about it.

Jinyoung pov

I wanted to ask Dr.Lee to hand this teaching thing to another doctor but I couldn’t. I wanted to prove to him that I can do this not only to him but also to my father. My father and I don’t have the strongest relationship, we rarely talk to each other ,we only meet each other at family gatherings or celebrations. 

My father wanted me to take over the company that he had. But I refused and became a doctor instead. Becoming a doctor wasn’t bad thing, he was just really disappointed that I didn’t take over  the family generation company. My dad is the CEO of one of the biggest malls in Seoul ,so was his father and he wanted to make me CEO. I told him he could give it to my younger sister Boyoung. After a lot of discussions my father finally handed the company over to my sister. I wanted to become a doctor for a few reasons, I like helping people and because of a certain person....

I was still in my office my head in my hand when I heard a knock on my door, it was Yugyeom.

“Hey Jinyo- are you okay?”

“Huh...ugh noo”

“What happened?”

“This happened” I showed him the file.

“Kim jis- why do I know that name? Kim Jisoo? I heard it before somewhere....oohh wait a minute isn’t she...”

“Yes that’s her”

“No way! Wait till Bambam hears about this”

“Wait don’t tel-“

“Yo Bambam” he shouted.

Bambam office is next to my office so if you scream loud enough he’ll hear.

“Yo wassup”

“Hey look at this” Yugyeom smiled showing the file the Bambam.

“Blah blah blah....OHH SHTTT! Isn’t that..”

“Yes it is you don’t hav-“

“Your ex!” Bambam practically shouted.

“Yah not everybody has to know okay”

“What are gonna do dude?” He asked

“I don’t know...what should I do? I want to get this promotion so I can prove to my dad that I made the right decision on becoming a doctor”

“Dammit why does it have to be me” I said angrily. Then someone knocked on my door I looked up and it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter