Final

Our Final Goodbye

You were waiting for this day for a month, after dating with him for the past year, he decided that he wanted to move on from you and not talk to you anymore. He gave you one last month before he bid his final goodbye. Today, is the day.

"So... Is this the end for us?"

"You know about this since a while back. I can't stay anymore. I am only here because I promised you one last date before I leave."

"I know... I know, I just can't let you go. I know that I can no longer talk to you, but-"

"No buts, I already told you before. What else do you want to talk to me about before I leave?"

"Wow. You're so mean."

"No, why am I mean. I said nothing mean." 

"Claims the one that decides to leave me first." You sighed and looked away.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I can't help but make this decision for us, you do know that, I can only do this just so that I can experience things that unfortunately, you can't with me."

"Easier said than done, it is always easier for you to leave me because like others, everyone leaves me. I just thought you wouldn't leave me, guess you were just like the others."

"Hey, I'm sorry I just-"

"Can we not. I don't want our last date to be like this. Us fighting when we are going to be strangers after this again."

"Hmm, okay."

"Do... do you want to tell me anything before you leave me?"

"Thank you for everything. Sorry that I could not be with you with the rest of your journey. But know that I am very proud of you for the past year, and I will be proud of you no matter what you do, despite me not being able to walk the journey with you."

"T-thank you... I have to thank you for being by my side since, I am sorry for being childish, and irritating. You really were something I treasured a lot. I will miss you so much, really. I know this may sound awkward, but can I request for one last hug before you leave?"

He smiles faintly before he walks to you and giving you one last hug.

"Alright, I have to leave now. Take care alright? Goodbye."

"Goodbye, I really thank you for everything. I will miss you and you take care too."

As he walk away, you whispered, "And I wished I had loved you more before I lost you."