You aren’t The Only Reason

Let's Not Fall In Love

His friend keep asking him what does he mean by his future wife, he just keep silent, doesn’t give them his answer,

“Hey, you already have girlfriend, pretty girlfriend, why you said something about wife?,” his friend asking once again, “I won’t go anywhere until you give me your answer,” he said.

“I’m in arrangement marriage, but she isn’t my type,” Jungkook said.

“What?, then why you are dating another girl now?, does she know about it?,” once again,

“She know, why are you fussy?. Go, let me finish this article,” he said then continue his work.

Although he want to focus on his work, he couldn’t forget how she look when she cried,

“Is she okay now?, should I call her?,” he start getting worried about her, “ahh, it’s not even your business,” he said then take his phone, “but I want to know,” then he call Yerim, but the one who pick up his call not Yerim, “isn’t it Yerim number?,” he asked.

“Yes, it’s. She is sleeping now, then..who are you, Jeon-ssi?,” she asked, he look confused how did she know that his surname is Jeon,

“Jeon-ssi?,” he asked.

“She saved your number as Jeon-ssi,” she explained, “could it be, are you that man?, who come to our school yesterday?,” she asked.

“Yes, I’m Jeon-ssi, Jeon Jungkook,” he said.

“Why are you calling her?, are you that close to her?,” she has so many question.  

“Today I saw her crying in front of PC room, so I just want to ask her if she is okay now,” he said.

“She was crying, now she is sleeping, maybe..she is tired of everything,” she said, “do you know why she was crying?.”

“Her boyfriend, she said she meet her boyfriend there, in PC room,” he said.

“Hmm, now he is her ex boyfriend, they officially break up. Do you know why they break up?.”

“Marriage arrangement,” he answer.

“You know?, so why you keep coming to her then?, let her alone,” she said.

“Okay, sorry for disturbing you. Just tell her that I called her, thank you,”he said then end the call.

“I won’t tell her,” she said then put the phone, she is walking to her friend, “chingu-ya, be strong,” she said while rubbing her head.

In the next morning, Jungkook wake up from his sleep, he ‘s sleeping next to his notebook. Someone already waiting for him, she sit next to him,

“Good morning,” she said making him startled.

“Ah, you come?,” he asked, smiling knowing who come is his girlfriend, “I’ll washing my face first,” he said then leave her. Then she is cleaning his table, she then reading his article, it’s not finish yet, but she want to read it. in the end of the article, there is a name there a girl name,

“Kim Yerim?, who is she?, why he wrote her name here?,” she asked, not long after that he come all smile, “morning coffee,” she said while giving him a glass of coffee,

“Thank you,” then hugging her, “morning hug,” he said cutely.

“What is that, morning hug?,” she asked, “did you finish it, your new article?,” she asked.

“Not yet, I’ll continue it after this,” he said then drink his coffee,

“Then, can I ask you?, who is Kim Yerim?, you wrote her name there, in the end of the article,” she said, Jungkook take his notebook and looking for that words, here it’s, Kim Yerim.

Am I crazy?, am I that worried about her until I wrote her name?.

“Hmm, I interviewed her last time as game online addict , I wrote her name there so I won’t forget it,” he is lying.

“Oh, a girl? Game online addict?,” she is laughing, “ah, let’s go,” she said then grab his hand, he close his notebook then follow her.

They are having breakfast in collage canteen, Jungkook keep looking at his phone,

“He’ll finish his article first then you,” his girlfriend said to her friend, “I read his article just now, it’s really a good one,” she look so pround of his boyfriend.

“I’m not that good though, ” Jungkook said, “I have one class after this, after the class I’ll go home first,” he said, his girlfriend nodding, “let’s have date after that, okay?,” he said, she is smiling.

Yerim now in her school rooftop, looking at some boys who playing football and some girls who cheering for them. Before, she was one of them, because she liked one of school football members, she was cheering with her friends with hope that he’ll notice her,

“It has been 2 years since that day,” she said, Saeron who is busy reading her comic response her, “I was there too so he’ll notice me, but now..we are already break up,” she said her eyes starting get teary,

“Don’t cry again,” Saeron said, after heard that Yerim smiling, “ah..yesterday, Jeon-ssi called you,” she said, Yerim look clueless, “your future husband,” she said, Yerim then close ,

“Don’t say something like that here,” she said.

“Both of you still in contact?, why?, you say that both of you will settle it, ” she aksed.

“We have agreement that we won’t fall in love to each other, we need time to talk to our parents. Both of our parents are strong one,” she said then leaving her.

After school, Yerim walking by herself because Saeron have party with her manga club today. She is waiting for her driver, someone calling for her, a familiar voice,

“Why he keep coming here?,” she asked then walking to him, “what are you doing here?,” she asked.

Suddenly he is observing her, she look uncomfrotable by that,

“What are you doing?,” she asked, “I’m okay, don’t worry. You want to know that?,” she asked.

“What’s his name?,” he asked something that she couldn’t understand, “your ex boyfriend name.”

“The reason you want to know that?, you don’t have to know his name,” she said.

“She said it’s because our marriage arrangement, so I want to explain to him,” he said.

“I explained to him but he decided to close his ears. If you are the one who explain, I’m sure he won’t listen to you, because he doesn’t know you. Just let it be, we end it, so I won’t drag him any longer. If you feel guilty, don’t be, it’s not even your fault,” she said, “you can go now, ah..the one who told you about the reason of our break up, it’s Saeron. Don’t worry, it’s not the only reason, the bigger reason is he already give up on me,” she said then smiling, “I’ll go now, thank you for your consideration,” when she is about to leave, “ah, do you know that this weekend we’ll have family dinner. Do you want to do drama again?,” she asked smiling then rally leave him.

“Why she keep smiling like that, “ then touching his chest, “what’s wrong with me?,” he leave the school.

*

They have family dinner tonight, her parents and her brother already there sitting in one of tables in a famous restaurant. Her dad suddenly tell her something,

“Dad glad, you decided to end your useless relationship,” what he said making her confused, “you think dad know nothing about that?, your sunbae, ” then she realized something,

“Did you meet him before?, tell me dad, did you meet him?,” she asked.

“No.., I was looking from a far, then he decided it by himself,” she look angry, “save your anger, let’s talk it later, they come,” he said then standing, ready to give Jeon’s family bow.

“I’m really happy knowing that our childreen getting know about each other,” his mother starting the conversation.

“Really?, she never say anything to me, then it’s good if they getting know each other,” her dad said.

Yerim keep silent the whole time, sometime she’ll smile to them or giving them a simple answer when they asked her. Jungkook know that, that her mood not that good tonight. Their parents want them to have special time, so they leave the table to the garden,

“Still in bad mood?,” he asked.

“Not really. Having a dad like him making me in bad mood everyday,” she said then smiling, it’s not a happy smile, “he has this hobby, annoyed me.”

“How can you say that about your dad?.”

“I know that you are holding grudge to your dad too, don’t be like that,” she said, he’s smiling, “I had a plan, after 2 months I’ll go to London and study there,” she said, “how about you?,” she asked.

“Secertly? I think it’ll be hard,” he said.

“My Unnie will help me. She is there with her family, she promised me that she won’t let me having the same fate as her,” she said.

“The same fate?,” he asked.

“Marriage arrangement, she was in marriage arrangement before, although now she is strating to love her husband. She has a child, this year is their third year. She said to me that she won’t let me to have the same fate as her, she told me to marry someone I love and someone who love me,” she said, “and I know he won’t be you,” she said, he is smiling. Hmm, he won’t be that someone because they already have an agreement that they won’t fall in love, “you must be carefull, protect your girlfriend.”

“Protect her?,” he look confused.

“Protect her before your relationship will end like me,” she said, now he understand what he mean.

“Don’t tell me..your dad behind your break up?,” she is nodding.

“I told you that you aren’t the only reason, the other reason is he already give up on me, because of dad,” she said, “although I know about it, I won’t ask him anything again, in the end I’ll be the one who leave, I’ll go to London, so..it’s better like this,” she said, “don’t feel guilty over it, just live happily with the girl you choosed, your type of girl,” she is smiling again.

“How about you?,” he asked.

“I’ll live happily too, with a dream that I choosed. ” Both of them looking at the sky and smiling.