Hospital Bed

Angels Can't Love Demons

My mother was the first one up out of the chair, I quickly followed behind as I epulled baby girl closer to my side. It was good news that they didn't say he was dead, and again they also didn't say if he was alive. The large double doors closed behind us making my flinch from the loud noise, a young man walked over to me with a bright smile.

"Can I pet her?" I nodded and he quickly got on his knees while baby girl his face, watching made me feel a little better. After he left I quickly caught up to the docter and my mother, this hall felt endless. Finally, the doctor turned into the very last room, the light suddenly flickered on as it sensed motion. I stood and waited for a few seconds before entering the room, tears started forming as I saw my father hooked up to so many machines. Not caring about my mother's reaction that much I quickly released the leash from my hands and grabbed my father's hand gently. The heart machine beeped indicating he was still alive which was a relief, my mother grabbed his other hand and leaned down to him while tears feel from her face to his forehead. Baby girl sat at the door, with her head sagged down to her paws. My throat tightened and dried as the docter quietly pulled mother out of the room, leaving me alone with father. Leaning closer to him I tighten my grip on his hands.

"Father, I really don't want to think about life without you. I'm sorry that I've never showed you enough love....or talked behind your back. I'm sorry that I didn't make you proud, I'm sorry that I didn't play sports. Please....stay with us, do this for me, I love you....dad." Tears fell down my cheek, flinching to the sudden touch of someone, I glanced behind quickly. The pain hurt so bad, my head ached harshly.

"The doctor said that he's gonna be alright, he just had a sudden from stress. He should be home in a week or so, I'm guessing your the son and your the mother?" We both nodded, not wanting to talk because our throats.

"Visiting time is gonna close in a few minutes, I'll give you guys some time." The woman walked out slowly and closed the door leaving my mother and I in the room crying. It was hard to know my father was laying in a hospital bed unconscious, I was leaivng tomorrow without knowing if my mother was gonna be alright. My shoulders felt heavy as every second passed, looking up at my mother she layed her head on the side of the bed while still having his hand in hers. I couldn't believe it, this was happening to me. The door opened, my heart ached from knowing that it was our time up.

"Alright, so only one of you guys can stay." This was a different voice that caught my attention, turning around it was a older man with a grim facial expression. 

"I-I'll go." Quickly getting up I grab the leash and walked out the door, looking back one more time. My mother still had her head on the bed, the doctor faintly grew a wrinkled concerned expression as he noticed as tear had escaped my eye. I quickly turned away and walked down the hall slowly, every step felt heavy as the distance between my parents grew larger. Walking through the double doors, people shot their looks over at me. Ignoring them I passed through the entrance and quickly entered the car, baby girl jumped to the passenger seat. Tears fell down my face from the amount of things being thrown at me.