Petrichor

Petrichor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

petrichorˈpɛtrʌɪkɔː/noun

a pleasant smell of earth after the rain.

 

 

 

 

 

Have you ever met, that particular person who storm into your life, turn it around and all of sudden, he was gone, like the wind. I’ve met him, who waltz out of nowhere and change me, who taught me to run, but he, will never stay.

This, is a story of me, who loved you, always love you.

---

It was raining, the sound of rain hitting the earth, and I bask in the serene moment. Just a busy day, like always, and that moment was mine to brace, just for a moment. I knew, duty was calling but that doesn’t stop me to breath in the scent, of rain.

“ Petrichor.” And I met you, who were grinning in triumph as you read my mind. I’d never told you, but couldn’t you be dashing than that?

But then, I stared in confusion as I taste the word “ Pet-ri-chor?”

“ The scent, when the rain hitting the earth.” You told me. The smile was permanent on your lips. My heart whispered, now, then, forever, - what a beautiful soul.

“ Oh.” And I smiled in daze as we stood there, basking in the scent, petrichor.

I’ve never believed in fate, not then, but who to tell if that particular moment, as mundane as it was, will tie us, in more ways than ever. You told me, one of those days, - it was the red string of fate.

“ Good day, Dr. Im.” And you walked away. As I recalled the moment, I realized, you’ve never said goodbye.

---

We met again, days later as I was strolling the hallway, clipboard in hand and stethoscope forever hanging around my neck. We pass by each other, but it was your voice, calling me that I’ve realized, it was you.

“ Dr. Im.” You uttered my name and that smile never left your lips. That was when my heart skips beat.

Before I could stop myself, the words left my mouth, “ Hey.” Almost breathless.

“ Jong Hyun, that’s the name.” Jong-hyun, quiet liking the name, I smiled.

“ and it’s Yoona, not Dr. Im.” Hearing that, that smile on your lips widen, turning in a dashing smirk. One that I’ll always adore.

“ Of course,” Your dark orbs met mine, leaving my heart beating fast. “ Good day, Yoona.”

Again, like a thundering wind, you dashed away.

That, the moment, as I watch you go, I’ve realized, now. That was the moment, was it not?

I fall for you.

---

The first time we actually held a conversation was when you decided that I needed a cup of latte, not any common latte that I could’ve bought myself. But one that was bought by you.

Literary, you were asking for a date.

And a date I won’t deny.

It was a café around the corner, just a block away from the hospital. You held my hand as we crossed the road, most likely, you treated me like a child. Not the 29 year old woman I was. I told you just that.

“ Well, I won’t risk anything.” the sheepish smile was what makes up everything, not that I’m complaining, your hands was one of your attractive nature, aren’t they?

The banter we were having was that one thing I will always missed.

As I sit there across you, sipping the latte you bought and indulging myself in your intelligent banter, I thought to myself, - I want this, with you.

Maybe it’s true after all, the red string of fate was pulling me to you.

Or maybe, I should deny the latte you bought.

---

Meeting after meeting, dates after dates and we had our first kiss, ironically, in the rain.

My coat was still on, drenching wet as it clung to me and you had your leather jacket, the helmet was still in your hand, the grin never left you face. It was infectious, your smile.

You make me smile, always.

It was silly, you were silly as you twirl me around. My heels was 5 inch long, did you know that?

“ Ah, I’m making the busy doctor sick.” I laugh to that, yes, I was the busy doctor. You were the free-spirited photographer, yet, somehow, we fit. Perfectly.

“ Aren’t you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter