stuck on a bridge between us

baby just do it

I'm so so sorry for not updating for so long. A lot has been happening in my life but I scraped up something to give to you. I know this seems like a complete filler chapter but trust me, it's important! I hope you enjoy it xx

Title comes from TALK ME DOWN - Troye Sivan


 

The girls had had a day for getting to know the island and to get everything settled before the shootings for the movie began. The day after that they had to wake up really early to make it on time for the set. The day had been full of going from styling to make up to actually doing the acting. There’s a lot that doesn’t meet the eye when one is making a movie. Sometimes it’s just waiting for hours to get the perfect lighting or to wait around for the rain to stop. Sometimes the whole thing is so frustrating that it makes you search for reasons why you still had the energy to do it.

 

Then there are the rewarding moments. Moments where a child walks up to you and tells you that you are their inspiration or when a director notices your struggles and tells you that you’re doing great. Moments where you can help your parents financially, when you can see how proud you make them. That’s when you know it’s all worth it.

 

Momo also knows it’s worth it because she met Mina through it. Momo sometimes wondered what would her life be like without her manager but it’s impossible to imagine. Somewhere inside her she knows that whatever would have happened in Momo’s youth when she decided she wanted to be an actress, they still would have met with Mina. Momo would give everything just to see Mina smile like she was smiling right at the moment and for the smile to last.

 

After filming they had decided they needed to relax for a bit, head out to the famous beach bar the island housed and share stories that would make them laugh far into the night. Right now Mina was telling about her first ever job interview. She wasn’t looking at Momo but somewhere far to the skyline like she could be in the moment all those years back. Her lips turned up in to a smile picturing her would-be-boss, an old woman with piercing eyes and a black jacket who made Mina’s knees shake.

 

Momo noticed all the small details on Mina’s face. She really was sitting way too close for her to notice them but the empty glasses that used to be full of colorful drinks were affecting her brain in a way that she didn’t see the danger. She only saw every small mole on Mina’s face, suddenly having the urge to count them.

They looked like stars, much like the spark in Mina’s eyes. Even the way her hair fell on her shoulders felt perfect to Momo.

 

In the morning Momo would realize this was the moment she accepted the fact that she, actress Hirai Momo was absolutely, completely, madly and deeply in love with her manager Myoui Mina. And she would realize, this was the moment she ed up. But only in the morning.

 

Now she was too busy trying to stay sane as she was admiring the 8th wonder of the world that was sitting right there in front of her. Somewhere there were alarm bells ringing but Momo couldn’t hear them as she let her hand drop and land on top of Mina’s. Mina acted like she didn’t even notice but the faint blush coloring her cheeks told a different story.

 

When Mina didn’t pull her hand away Momo got bolder. She shifted the hand that used to be in Mina’s hand to climb higher. The hand was now smoothing out wrinkles Mina’s shirt had formed in the sleeves, a foolish attempt to hide how Momo just wanted to touch more of Mina.

 

Momo had long ago stopped talking. She didn’t have enough energy to concentrate on forming words in her brain while she could do something way more entertaining. In an attempt to seem indifferent Mina had continued to talk about nothing in particular, feeling the touch on her arm lighting up a fire inside of her. That would explain the redness on her cheeks and the heat on her stare that was now directed straight at Momo’s eyes.

 

During the night they had gradually moved closer to each other. Momo had recently noticed that she had another hand which had after that realization found home on Mina’s waist. Mina hadn’t had as much to drink as Momo but didn’t come second in boldness. The manager had took hold of Momo’s shoulder as a way not to drop from her stool from leaning too much towards Momo. Talking had long ago ceased between them, just the heated gazes stayed.

 

Mina’s inner clock started ticking, it was getting too late for the early wake up they again had the next day. The production team wouldn’t be happy about them stumbling to the set late and hungover.

“We should leave this place”, Mina softly spoke to the air between them. Momo felt it on her skin not entirely listening or understanding what the words meant. In the same soft manner she whispered a breathy “yeah” to the air. A chuckle escaped Mina’s lips at Momo’s answer, a sound Momo would have loved to listen on repeat.

 

Slowly Mina untangled herself from the web they had made around themselves. Momo’s eyes followed Mina’s movements, not understanding where she was heading.

 

“Come here sweetie.”

 

Momo rose from her seat with those words. She would follow Mina anywhere she wanted to go. Momo had gained a lot of bravery in the last hour of sitting by the bar and with that braveness she grasped Mina’s hand with her own in the first steps of their walk back together to their hotel.

 

They walked together in silence. They felt like little school girls, not being able to look the other in the eyes, just stealing some glances here and there. No words were uttered during the small walk but their blushes had stayed on their faces.

 

Their rooms in the hotel were just next to each other, it would have been natural of Mina to stop walking in front of her own door but she didn’t. She walked the steps that separated their doors, waiting for Momo to go to her room safely.

 

The actress struggled a bit in finding the key card but when she did and opened the door, something made her stay at the door. Turning around Momo found Mina there, waiting and looking at her with so much warmth in her eyes. Momo knew she was falling, had fallen, to the soft waves that were her love for the manager in front of her.

 

“Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?” Momo asked while looking deeply into Mina’s eyes. The latter could feel how her cheeks were gaining more color.

 

No, you haven’t, could you do it? spun around Mina’s brain but some sane part of her brain wanted to stop Momo before it would go too far. She didn’t want to have a conversation around this subject while it was late and they both had too much to drink. Thinking about this made Mina even more shameful, she should’ve been more responsible as it was her job as Momo’s manager to make sure everything is good with her client.  

 

Momo was looking at her with eyes that could make the stars lose their job. If she let herself enjoy more of her company, she would surely do something she would regret in the morning.

 

“Drink some water sweetie” she ended up saying before closing the door on Momo’s face. A nervous breath left Momo’s lips. A nervous and a disappointed one.

 

She would have loved to receive a good night kiss on top of the walk home but maybe that had to be saved for another night. At least she got to hold her hand. And she got a nickname.

 

Sweetie.