New Rules and New Face

The Way You Are With Me

After their scheduled morning classes, all students went to lunch in the school's spacious cafeteria. Haechan slugged his backpack over his shoulder, face looking completely drained from being in the most boring classes and taking a pop quiz. Jaemin followed shortly behind him with the same expression on his face. 

"Wow you both look like zombies." Jisung snickered when the two arrived at their lunch table. The both snapped their heads around and shot laser death glares through Jisung's skull. He laughed nervously and ran away to go and get a drink of water. Heaving out a heavy sigh, Haechan put his head down on the table, not hearing Mark come up behind him. The elder jabbed him lightly in the side, causing Haechan to let out a small scream. Jaemin chuckled and greeted Jeno when he came and sat down next to him. 

"Rough day, sunshine?" Mark soothingly patted Haechan's head as the boy shot him the same annoyed glare. He barely had the energy to even yell at Mark for scaring him, not that he wanted to yell at him. What he really wanted to go was go back to his house, crawl under his covers and fall asleep. Obviously, that wasn't an option. Mark waved his hand in front of Haechan's face when he didn't respond, bringing him back to reality. 

"I had a pop quiz today and it was the longest one I think I've ever taken in my life." Jaemin groaned in agreement and mindlessly ate his food as Jeno lightly rubbed his back. Mark nodded and got up to get food for himself and Haechan. Jisung came back with a nervous smile as Jaemin narrowed his eyes at him, taking a small sip of his water.

"All in favor of killing Jisung if he says anything else smart before the day is over, say I." Haechan rose his head slowly and mouthed "I" to his brother who brought his hands up in defense.

"Haha, you guys are cute." Jeno thought the whole situation was funny, speaking that he rarely sees Jaemin get angry with anyone. They were similar in that way. Jaemin whined and leaned his head on Jeno's shoulder, not wanting to eat anymore of his food from being so completely brain dead. "Hey, try to continue eating, okay? I know you're tired but you need to have energy." Jaemin shoved food into his mouth with his eyes closed as Jeno lightly rubbed his lower back again. 

Mark came back with him and Haechan's food and flicked the boy's head lightly. He looked around the table in confusion before tapping Jeno's shoulder lightly. "Has anyone seen Huang? I talked with him this morning, but he disappeared right after." Jeno shook his head with a concerned look on his face.

"He usually doesn't miss eating lunch with us-"

"Attention Gaiyon High School Students, this is your headmaster speaking. Please pay attention for an important news announcement,"

All the students stopped what they were doing to pay attention to the TVs that were closest to their table. It wasn't unusual for announcements to be made during these times since it was the only part of the day in which teaching wasn't being conducted and students were together in one single area. Mark furrowed his brows slightly in confusion. The entire student council is usually informed when an announcement is going to be made, yet this time neither him nor Jeno knew about it. 

"I have been informed of students being present on school grounds before the time in which they are allowed to. The only ones that are allowed to be on school grounds before 7:30 is the staff, myself, and all the current student council members. It is prohibited for anyone, who does not fall into those categories, to be on school grounds. Any student, from now onward, who is found on school grounds by a student council member or any other staff, will be punished with cleaning the bathrooms for two days. If the same student continues to break this rule, the can be subjected to detention, if repeated two or three times,  or suspension if repeated four or more times. Please advise your classmates to stay home until they are allowed to arrive at school. Thank you for your time."

"What? Who was found on school grounds this morning?" Jeno scratched the back of his head lightly in confusion. Haechan could feel the heat and anger radiating off of Mark's skin. His glare could burst someone into flames. All the boys looked directly at Haechan who followed his eyes to Mark. He stood up slowly and put his fork down, fixing his clothes before speaking.

"I need to go and take care of some business." Despite the pleas of everyone else at the table, Mark left. He could only think of one person who would tell the headmaster about his business. The thought of this person doing something like that made him even more angry as he walked, making students step back in fear at the look written all over his face. He turned open the door to the student council room and met eyes with Renjun immediately. 

"Ah, you came just in time."

"Oh did I now?" Mark slammed the door behind him and stalked towards Renjun. The younger wasn't the least bit intimidated when the older got into his face. "You know, I really remember saying to you to say out of my personal business with other people." Renjun only tilted his head as Mark yelled at him to the point of his face getting red. "You think you're being funny? You call this being a friend to me? You are no friend of mine!" Renjun looked down and laughed softly before looking over Mark's shoulder. 

"Our President isn't usually like this. He's very funny right?" 

Mark looked in the direction of where the boy was looking and met another pair of small, delicate eyes. A boy of short stature with blonde hair with the same uniform and student council pin rubbed his chin between his fingers. He looked super young in the face and was slightly smaller than the two boys. "He seems a bit hostile to me. His body language, facial expressions, and tension all around his shoulders and fingers all scream agression." The two laughed together before Renjun went and stood next to the body. Mark was completely dumbfounded and wondered how long the blonde boy had been standing there.

"Um, who are you exactly?"

"This is Zhong Chenle. He's our new student council member. His job is campus monitor and public affairs associate. He is the son of one of my father's associates. They didn't like the school he was attending in China so I offered for them to transfer him here. I spoke so much about how wonderful our campus is and his mother loved the idea of her son being involved in such an organization as the student council. So, as of today, he will be working with us." Renjun patted the younger one's back. 

"It's nice to meet you. I'm not as formal as Renjun hyung but, I can try to be if that is how people speak around here."

"It's not. Huang talks that way to make himself sound more mature than he is. In reality, he's-"

"Chenle, why don't you go and check the halls to make sure everyone is getting to their next class? The bell should be ringing any moment." He pushed the blonde one out of the room and into the hall, shutting it lightly behind him. "Do you have to be so childish, hyung....seriously."

"Me? Childish? Coming from the person who told on me that I was in the room with Haechan."

"I wasn't the one that told...it was Chenle. I asked him for advice and he suggested that anyone that does not follow the rules be punished. I insisted to him that he not tell-"

"Oh please, Huang. Give it a rest. You're so full of yourself. Get off your high horse." Mark sat down at his desk and ran his fingers through his hair, the stress building up in his shoulders again. He constantly fights with Renjun over pointless things that it ends up making Mark more stressed then handling regular tasks and situations every day. Oh, how he wished that he could be with Haechan right now and not here.

"Alright, I told the headmaster. I'm not going to let you effect the student council with your selfishness!"

"My selfishness. That's a joke. You don't care about the reputation of the council. You care about yourself not being seen as a goody two shoes who follows the rules all the time. You don't want people to see you make a mistake. It's your reputation that's more important here." Mark put his face into his hands, rubbing his temples lightly.

"T-That's not true-"

"It's obvious, Huang...." Mark slowly sat up and took off his jacket, pulling some papers from off the stack next to his desk. He pulled out his glasses and started sorting through the papers. "You've always been like this...I don't know why I'm even surprised anymore." Mark let out a heavy sigh, ignoring the man's presence and looking through the work he needed to get completed. Renjun stood there, feeling the guilt wash over him that it began to make him angry. It's not his fault that Mark seemingly cares more about his relationships with other people than his job. Without a word more, he left the student council room. 

 

Chenle checked down all the halls and asked for students to head off to class as the last bell rang. As he turned the corner, he saw a male student sitting next to their locker with headphones in their ears. "Ah, he's gonna be five minutes late." The boy said to himself as he jogged over to the student. He stood over him and tapped lightly on his head, until the student removed headphone from his ears. "Excuse me, class has began and you are going to be marked tardy. I'll let you off with the warning but-"

"But next time I'll receive a detention or something on the lines of that. Yeah I know. All of you say the same thing." The boy looked up and met eyes with the student council member. It was Haechan's little brother Jisung. He missed a particular class quite often because he didn't understand the content and got annoyed every time he was there. Haechan continued pestering him to go to the class and Jisung said he would could but he clearly lied. Jisung stood up, brushed off his pants, and wrapped his headphones around his neck. "I'm gonna go to the nurse." He smacked the council member's shoulder lightly and walked around him, disappearing around the corner. Chenle stood there in shock and touched the area where the boy had touched him.

"Hmm...interesting..."


This chapter may be a little trash because it's very late in the night and I haven't slept yet. Also I forgot what I was writing about for this chapter half way through it. Hope you guys are still enjoying it. I'll have something a little bit more interesting and fun (?) for tomorrow's chapter. I'm gonna go sleep and die now XD bye.