Our Secret

The Way You Are With Me

Note: This chapter involves a bit of backstory about the characters and plot so that everyone will understand the way characters act within the story. Also, I apologize if there are any errors since I wrote this VERY late last night. Enjoy the chapter!


The hall was quiet. It was after 6:30 and students weren't needed to be present until 7:30. As we move closer towards the Hallroom 3-B, small noises can be heard but, only if you listen closely enough. 

"Why are we here....?"

"Shh..."

This was the student council room, home to the most elite students on the school campus. They were all chosen to be apart of the council due to each of them possessing a certain quality that fit the position. Conferences, daily scheduled meetings, and disciplinary reports were held in that very room.  Usually the council members would arrive at school 30 minutes before the student body. So who could be in that very room right now...?

"Mark....please...."

"Haechan...."

Through the slightly tinted glass, one boy with orange hair could be seen sitting on top of another, his clothes disheveled. They were entangled in each other, breathing in the same heated air that laid between them. The orange hair boy trembled violently and continued to call out the other's name while failing to push him away. The another boy with brownish hair continuously kissed under his jaw and neck, his face unable to be seen. "Mark...please...stop." The boy pleaded but did not sound assertive enough to make the other listen. He continued to push away some of the clothes on the orange haired boy's shoulders and pepper them with kisses until he was pushed back with a little more force. "Mark listen to me please." 

"....Listening..." The boy, Mark, wiped the corner of his mouth with the back of his hand and leaned away only a little bit. He cocked his head to the side and stared at the younger one, waiting for him to speak. He opened his mouth and out came nothing. Mark chuckled lightly and smirked at him. "You asked me to stop and listen to you, yet nothing is being brought to my attention that I need to be listening to." He raised an eyebrow at the boy who avoided his eyes with tinted cheeks. "Is there really a reason for you to stop me right now?" He trailed his fingers along the boy's bare shoulders, making the boy shiver again. With no response, he moved closer to the younger again and kissed his shoulder all the way up to his neck. A soft breathe escaped from the one on top of him.

"Mark....stop..."

"Yes, I think it is time for him to stop."

The orange haired boy whipped his head around quickly to meet eyes with who he feared most. It was the student council's vice president, Huang Renjun. He was known for being one of the sticklers within the council. He always followed the rules and made sure other's followed accordingly. No matter how much he believed a school rule was unneeded or blatantly underdeveloped in what they are meant to accomplish, he executed them. He attracted the attention of many girls on the campus because of his maturity and classiness. Not to mention, like the rest of the members, he was extremely intelligent. He stared them down as they scrambled to get down from off of the conference table. 

"What are you doing here so early, Huang? We're not due for another 15 minutes."

"I could ask you the same question, hyung." He looked around Mark to the boy seemingly trying to hide behind him. "And you too, Haechan." Haechan slowly came from behind the older when he had finished buttoning his shirt and fixing his clothes. Renjun looked at him up and down slowly. "Your tie is not correct. Go fix it in the bathroom and leave the president and I alone to talk." Haechan lowered his head and grabbed his belongings before brushing passed the both of them in silence. Renjun watched him from out of his peripherals before drawing his attention back to the one in question. 

"There are many things I wish to know, besides the matter of you barging in here without the decency to-"

"Oh, save it." Renjun shut the door to the council room and placed his bags down on the table. "I shouldn't have to knock if nobody is supposed to be in here, Mr. Student Council President. But, please forgive me for interrupting your obviously important meeting with Mr. Haechan Lee." Mark rolled his eyes at the comment and walked over to his desk and sat down at it, turning on the lamp and fixing his hair in the mirror. Annoyed with the other ignoring him, Renjun went over and grabbed his hand to stop him. "This needs to stop. Whatever that is between you and that boy needs to come to-"

"My circumstances and relationships with other people are not any of your concern. Nor do you have any right to order me to do anything." Mark stood up and snatched his hand away from the smaller boy, getting into his face with stern eyes. "So, focus on your own affairs and politely stay out of mine, and stop talking to me as I'm a disobedient student. I'm your friend and your president-"

"Precisely why I am saying this to you." Mark sighed in annoyance and walked over to grab his blazer from off the chair, the other following behind him. "As a friend and your second hand, I'm cautioning you of this for the own safety of not only your reputation but the council's as well." 

"And I'm cautioning you to not get involved in my personal business." Mark walks towards the door, Renjun slowing his walk and adjusting his glasses. "There is a fine line between caring as a friend and being selfish. You should brush up on that." With that, he leaves the room and begins his morning duties. 

Mark Lee is the president of the student council of Gaiyon High School, one of the most prestigious schools in the Seoul area. He was elected back last year when he was a junior and has taken upon every responsibility necessary for the job. Although most people believe that he attained this role from the fact that his father funds the school, he claims that he obtained it fairly. He is the most respected student in the school for putting himself above others in any sort of situation. He does enjoy his job of being student council president, however it has caused him to be more disconnected with his former friends. 

He met Haechan met not long after he accepted the position of student council president, when Haechan was a sophomore. He found himself to be attracted to the boy because of his outstanding musical and creative talents. And his good looks, but that was given. One moment in particular was when the younger had performed for the school's seasonal entertainment of the arts shows. He had sung a song that he had written himself while one of his friends played the piano for him. It took Mark's breath away and he immediately became invested in getting to know the boy.

They often spoke briefly before and after Mark completed his tasks for the day until they were able to exchange contact information. Calls extended late in the night over seemingly nothing but, to Mark it meant much more. He found himself falling in love with Haechan and confessed to him the first night he stayed over the younger's house. That is when they begun dating. Due to his position within the school, he could not tell anyone of his relationship with Haechan and advised the latter not to do so. 

 

"They won't understand. You can tell close friends that you trust, sure. But, nobody else."

"I won't tell anyone...I don't want anyone to come between our relationship so, if this is what I have to do....then I will."

 

The only people that Haechan has trusted enough to tell is his best friend Na Jaemin, who he's been friends with since they were in elementary school, and his brother Jisung, who wouldn't care enough to tell anyone since he has his own problems. All the student council members know about Mark and Haechan's relationship (since it was pretty obvious Mark had feelings towards the boy) and have kept it a promise between all of them that they would keep it under wraps. Renjun is the only person within the council that does not like Mark's relationship with Haechan, stating multiple times that they are completely different people, academically and personally, deeming that their differences will be the thing that tears them apart. 

 

"Ha, this is coming from the person who has never dated anyone. Huang, sometimes people don't think about emotions that they feel towards someone else in such an astronomical way as you might. Differences could come up, of course. But, similarly to everything else in life, we find our way around differences. I mean, look at our friendship, we are very different yet we are still friends right?"

 

Thankfully for Mark, Renjun still has keep their secret because of his demeanor of following order and rules given to him. His secretary, Lee Jeno, felt as if he had no reason to judge or say anything about Mark's relationship speaking that he was also in a relationship with another student, Haechan's best friend Na Jaemin. Jeno introduced Mark to his boyfriend which caused him to meet Haechan as well. Since he felt responsible, he has Jaemin watch over Haechan a lot for Mark since he is extremely busy most of the school day. 

 

"It's our little secret..."

"Right...our secret."

 

Haechan's head slowly rose up after splashing his face with water when he heard someone enter the bathroom. "You're here early." Jaemin smiled wide and smacked him hard on the back, earning a cry in pain from the boy. "I can barely get him to get out of bed, let alone get us to school on time." Jisung grumbled, stuffing his face with a piece of buttered toast into his mouth while rubbing his tired eyes. Haechan patted the boy's head as him and Jaemin chuckled at his brother's cuteness. 

"I had some business to take care of this morning so I came early. It was important."

"Some Mark business?" Jaemin teasingly nudged him in the side, making Haechan push him away. They walked out of the bathroom and down the hall which was already filled with a lot of students. They slid by crowded areas to get to their assigned lockers, Jeno brushing his hand by Jaemin's as he passed by them. Jaemin smiled lightly and swatted Haechan and Jisung's hands away when they poked his faintly pink cheeks. The bell rang loudly at exactly 7:45, which prompted students to say their goodbyes to their friends and run off to class. Renjun hurried off the slackers to their classrooms as the final bell rang at 7:50. 

Haechan sat in his seat in the very back of the classroom near the window. He could barely listen to what the teacher was saying as he looked out, making eye contact with Mark through the window of the student council room. He winked at him and mouthed to focus, causing Haechan to turn around. He mindlessly took notes and doodled Mark's name in his journal.