5 - Hyojin and Solji's Backstories

Freaking Out The Neighbourhood

"Let's go, you have the stuff, right Hyojin?" An older girl, Hyuna, asked.

A twenty year old Hyojin nodded. "Yep, got everything."

Hyuna, Hyojin, and two other girls got into the car. They were driving back to where the gang was based, an old warehouse. The big bosses and the others were waiting for them to return with their latest purchases, some drugs, and also some weapons. But what the group failed to notice was that they were being followed by the police in an unmarked vehicle. They pulled into the warehouse carpark and got out, taking the stuff out of the trunk and taking it all inside.

"Did you bring everything?" A man asked.

"Yes, it's all there." Hyuna said. "Nobody saw us, we're sa--"

There was a huge bang outside.

Hyojin later found out that those were the doors being blown off.

"!" One of the other men hissed. "Looks like you were followed, ing idiots..."

The three men picked up the bags before they ran out through the back exit, leaving the group of girls still inside. They were trying to escape, when the police caught them. They were all taken to the nearest police station and questioned before being taken to a prison to hold them temporarily.

Hyojin did quite well in the prison, She became quite feared, word of her gang crimes spread fast. When it was time for her to be questioned again, she was given a decision.

"Now Hyojin, here's the deal. You can tell us the names of everyone involved in that gang and we'll shorten your sentence, or you can keep it quiet and serve the full ten years."

"Hyojin, remember what we talked about." A young Hyelin said, seated next to her. "You can do it."

Hyojin instantly started listing names.

Her date in court came quickly, where Hyelin had managed to convince everyone that Hyojin had been manipulated into doing the things she did, and that she was scared of being killed if she disobeyed. The jury said Hyojin wasn't guilty of her crimes, and she was allowed to walk free.

She spent the first month living in complete fear, but nobody came to hurt her.  Eventually, she stopped being so afraid and her uncle helped her to buy a house. She turned her attention to music, something she'd always been good at, and that's how she became to be the producer she is today.

 

Solji was always a good person. She worked hard at school, and was a respected student and member of the student council and the choir. Solji did the best in her exams, and went onto college to study business. That's where she met her boyfriend. It was love instantly. They moved quickly, buying an apartment together and moving in. Solji's family were so proud of her for finding her way in life so quickly. Everything was perfect. Eventually they had a daughter and called her Kyungmi. They were the perfect Korean family. Well, that was how it seemed on the outside.

Solji's husband became less loving. He started losing his temper a lot more. They argued a lot, and Solji ended up getting hurt. One day, she couldn't take it anymore and decided to leave.

"I can't do this." Solji was stood near the door with her bags.

"What do you mean? Where are you going?" Her husband asked.

"Away. I can't live with you anymore. Whatever we had is gone." Solji said.

He moved closer and Solji instantly closed her eyes tightly, waiting for the hit.

"You were useless anyway." Her husband growled.

"I'll be c-coming back for Kyungmi's things in a few days." Solji said as she opened the door.

"Kyungmi is staying here." Her husband said.

"Why? So you can start yelling at her instead?" Solji hissed. "She's coming with me."

"No, she's staying here!"

They continued arguing until he slapped Solji, and she left crying.

Solji ended up staying in a small apartment for a while. She felt like she'd lost everything, including her daughter. She was so worried about what would happen to Kyungmi, but there was nothing she could do.

She worked hard and managed to earn enough money to buy a house. It was in a nice area of the city and it would be good for when her daughter came for the weekends.