Final

Piggy Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
To set the mood and ambiance, please listen to Ed Sheeran - Perfect and Lauv - I Like Me Better on loop.

Enjoy!(^-^)

 

“Rock, paper, scissors!” Seoyoon exclaimed showing her right hand at the end along with a boy in front of her showing his. She showed scissors meanwhile the boy showed paper. Hence, the girl won again for the 15th time. The score was 15:5 as they had played for 20 rounds already.

“Are you sure you want another round Ong-Loser?” she mocked the boy in front of him which was losing his face and pride as a man. She popped up her knuckles playfully ready for another round.

“I –“the boy voiced loudly.

"…surrender – you win," he ended with a heavy sigh. The latter girl was jumping out in a victory.

“Yeah, yeah…enough of it,” he rolled his eyes seeing the girl’s reaction. “What is the punishment, Seoyun?” hearing the question from the boy, Seoyun smirked wickedly.

 

Seoyoon POV

“Anything, right?” I smirked massaging my invisible beard under my chin.

“Yeah, anything… Just hurry up – I’m so tired right now,” he acted like a grumpy old man.

He is always like that every single time he loses to me. He would act like a 5-year-old kid sulking because losing though we're on the same age. Yeah, in games, no matter what kind of games we played together, the winner, in the end, would be me – every single time in any games. It was kinda my leverage against him.

“Okay! The punishment is easy. You’ve to carry me on your back all the way to my house today,” I stated with a smug face.

Seongwu gawked at me with an indifferent expression, blinking his eyes couple of times. "Heol, you gotta be kidding me, right?”

“That’s what a loser gets. Now, now, giddy up and let’s go!” I jumped on Seongwu’s back that nearly choked him out of breath. He patted my arms vigorously asking me to get down.

“Yah, are you trying to choke me to death?” he whined in irritated manner while massaging his strangled throat. He turned his back to me as a method of sulking.

There he goes again – the little Ddeongwu has appeared. I hopped in front of him and ready to baby him as a tease.

“Ogugugu…little Ddeongwu is hurt, eung? Poor little Ddeongwu~” I cooed him like a baby as I patted on his soft black locks. Just like an owner patting her pet cat.

Usually, he didn't like this kind of treatment to him. Still, I could see Seongwu actually enjoying the attention I gave to him. Then, he brought his face up to me with his silly kid face on and pointed his finger to his cheek.

“Ddeongwu need a boo-boo, Ddeongwu will (be) okay after Ddeoyoon boo-boo Ddeongwu cheek,” he prattled like a toddler learning to talk while pointing again and again at his left cheek, the one that had his infamous constellation moles.

“Oh, little Ddeongwu want boo-boo, huh? Right here?” I asked again touching his left cheek and he nodded fervently.

So, I closed the gap between us as I tried to peck his cheek – getting closer and closer by seconds. Anticipating Seongwu closed his eyes and waited but only to receive a light slap on his cheeks.

“Boo-boo, my foot! Enough playing and carry me right now!" I bossed him impatiently folding my arms across my chest.

What is he? Trying to get a kiss from me that easy? Please!

Nevertheless, I could feel a smile crept on my face just after that.

Pabo Seongwu.

“Alright, alright…” he replied given up and bent down to let me climbed on his back. I encircled my arms around his neck and cocked my head on his right shoulder. After I’ve told him I was ready, he stood up slowly then he began to wobble.

“Whoa, you better cut out your carbs girl. You weight like a tonne!” Seongwu teased me as he swayed a little from left to right. However, he won’t enjoy his teasing moment that long. I pulled out his left earlobe using my right hand mercilessly.

“Ahhh… Okay! Okay! I'll stop! I won't tease you anymore. Ouch, it hurts!" he groaned at the pain from his reddened left ear. I ended up laughing in winning.

“I’ll make the pain feel worse than this if you continue teasing me again,” as I was literally next to his right earlobe, I warned him in low tone threatening voice yet, I could sense he was smirking slyly.

What the…what is he smirking for?

"YAH BYUNTAE SEONGWU!" I screamed just right at his earlobe and made him winced from the sudden ultrasonic voice of mine.

“What was that for?! Dang Seoyoon, you should be the alarm of our school,”

I quickly took a deep breath and prepared to launch another pterodactyl scream.

“Okay! Okay! That was the last of it! Please, I’m too young to be deaf. Please Lord Seoyoon – I’m begging you,” he acted way too dramatic for my taste that I feel like puking at any moment.

"Even though you're deaf, people will still like your handsome pretty face," I blurted way too loud that he managed to hear it.

“What did you say?” he had his head peer to me.

“Oh, look! A squirrel leaping from the hedge,” I changed the topics casually to avert his attention.

 

Author’s POV

They went on just like that; strolling down the path together with Seoyoon on Seongwu’s dependable back heading to Seoyoon’s house while having a small chit-chat in between the time.

Since she had been laughing too much from the game she had with Seongwu earlier and also from the joke he made while chit-chatting, all her energy had pretty much drained out. Without her knowledge, she is fast asleep on Seongwu’s back.

 

Seongwu POV

"Hey, Seoyoon. Do you remember those days when Mrs. Kim's shop was still opened? We always quarrel about picking our favorite ice lollies, remember that?" I kept talking but there was no reply from her.

"Seoyoon? Seoyoon-ah..." I singsong her name to call her. I tried to peer up to my right as I felt heavier on that side. Then I realized it was her head with her chin hooked onto my shoulder blade. She was breathing at a slow and steady pace since I could feel her heaving air in and out from my back.

I shook my head seeing her sleeping like that. Her face was as peaceful and undisturbed as she had used all her energy up for that day.

"Drained out of your battery, did you?" I whispered as to not wake her up.

"Sleepyhead Seoyoon,"

In about 10 minutes later, I reached in front of Seoyoon's front door. As I was struggling to ring the bell of the house, I was luckily greeted by Seoyoon's mom, Mrs. Lee. She was tending her small patch garden at the right front corner of the lawn and probably saw me entering the house lawn earlier.

"Omo, omo, is that Seoyoon? Aiguu Seongwu-yaa, she's been troubling you again, is she?" Mrs. Lee guessing rhetorically as she took off her gardening gloves trying to lend a hand.

"No, ma'am. It's just she's tired and sleepy. She falls asleep just now," I explained the matter to her calmly.

"Is that so? Ok...ok, then do me a favor and go put her into her bed. Here, let me open it for you, young man," Mrs. Lee opened the door wide enough for me to enter and bring along Seoyoon on my back.

After taking off my shoes and Seoyun's with the help from Mrs. Lee, I climbed up the stairs towards Seoyoon's room with Mrs. Lee behind following my back. After Mrs. Lee once again helped in opening the door of Seoyoon's room, I finally let her down on her bed – the end of my strenuous journey. I heaved a deep breath of relief.

"You've worked very hard bringing her home safely. Thank you so much Seongwu-yaa," Mrs. Lee thank me after she adjusted her daughter properly lying on the bed.

"It's nothing, ma'am. I have used to carry her since kids," I gave my sincere smile to Mrs. Lee so she will not be worry about me.

Mrs. Lee tittered heartily at my answer.

"Oh yes, you two were close since small. Now, both of you are all grown up," her eyes were deep into past memories before she smiled back at me.

“Please have some drinks before you go home, okay?"

I nodded agreeing with her generous offer before she left to go downstairs. I was still in her room, putting her bags and belongings to the right places then tucking her to bed. Just seeing Seoyoon's peacefully sleeping face made me smile by myself.

Yeah, I wish we can always become close like this forever.

I brushed off her strands of hair that bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter