Fourteen

Learn to love again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sorry for such a late update. I had reached a huge block with this chapter.
I'm not particularly happy about the chapter or about the word count, but writing anything more at this point would just be ty, so please adjust to the lesser amount of content.
I didn't want to leave you hanging any longer!
Hope you like this chapter!

 

Something was wrong.

Things had been going fine, really fine. Definitely Better than what Hoseok had hoped.

After indirectly hinting at accepting his friendship, things did not change drastically, but just enough for the alpha to notice it.

It took a lot of work and constant questioning from the alpha, but slowly the omega started opening up. Yoongi started talking a little more freely and the alpha started seeing the cheeky, sarcastic side of the omega.

It was initially accidental, as Yoongi was more shocked at his own witty remark than Hoseok.

But then the alpha started laughing out loud and then it was a normal thing, for Yoongi to remark at things the alpha said.

Also, Hoseok started returning home a little early, and started looking forward to the evenings.

 Cause evenings meant cooking.

With Yoongi.

In the kitchen, Yoongi was in his element. The kitchen was his place, and he glided through it with an ease that Hoseok admired.

Hoseok was so glad his mother had taught him to cook, because otherwise he would have missed the sight.

The sight of Yoongi smiling, unabashed, when he tasted something and liked it, when there was a weirdly shaped carrot that had gotten the two of them laughing, Hoseok stopping in the middle just to take in the sight of the omega giggling behind his hands.

The best smile however, was when Yoongi smiled at him. His button nose scrunching up in a cute way, eyes becoming two crescents and the gums, the gums that were shown to hoseok more often as days went by.

Hoseok was so glad his mother had taught him to cook, because otherwise he would have missed out on Yoongi smiling.

With him.

At him.

Then came the part where they ate, and it was no longer the awkward silences, broken by the sound of cutlery.

Instead it was filled with conversations and laughter.

It was mostly only Hoseok, recounting his day and how some of the new recruits were too eager but lacked skills and Yoongi would listen and nod along, sometimes offering some advice on certain issues.

“So then, I asked him to run 50 more laps. Because he was not at all listening to me. And he needed to learn respect. But then he finished them up and continued being rude and disrespectful.” Hoseok sighed. Yoongi then asked a question?

“Do you know where he is from? Do you know why he decided to join the guards? I feel there is more to this than just being disrespectful.”

Turns out, Yoongi was true. The kid, Suho, had been orphaned during the last attack on the village. Blaming the guards for their incompetency, he decided to join the guards himself.

“So, he thinks all the other guards are cowards and fools.” Hsoeok concluded to Yoongi over dinner another day.

Yoongi hummed, lost in thought for a few minutes.

“Can I meet him?” the omega suddenly asked. Hoseok was skeptical, but eventually agreed.

Hoseok looked on in worry as his husband maneuvered the grounds, until he went up to Suho who was sparring by himself.

The alpha bristled when he saw the kid start raising his voice at Yoongi, and took a step forward, even as Yoongi continued to speak to him calmly.

The kid raised both his hands, and Hoseok panicked, taking another hurried step towards the pair before stopping in shock as Suho hugged the omega, bawling his eyes out.

Afterwards, the young alpha came up to Hoseok and apologized, promising to do better from then, as Hoseok looked at Yoongi in amazement.

“How did you do that?”

The omega just smiled. “He just needed someone to look at things from his view. He needed someone to understand.”

 

Slowly, things were improving, as Yoongi opened up a little more every day.

And then suddenly everything was wrong.

 

“Where is he? Should I wait or go look for him?” Hoseok exclaimed, worriedly pacing the living room back and forth.

It was past midnight, and Yoongi was not seen. Hoseok did not see him with Jimin either, and the omega almost always visited the king.

Five more minutes passed, and Hoseok decided he should go and look, and opened the door to find the omega standing in front of him.

All the words that the alpha was about to say was stuck in his throat as the alpha the state the other was in.

Face swollen, eyes red, huge bags below them, and tear tracks on his cheeks, being wet continuedly by tears that were flowing freely down his eyes.

The coffee scent was tinged with disappointment, hurt and sadness.

Yoongi looked a mess, and Hoseok’s stomach dropped at the sight.

“Yoon..Yoongishi? what happened?”

The omega just stood there, staring at Hoseok.

A few minutes,

And then a sob. And another,

And another. Soon the omega just stood there, outside the door, sobbing and hoseok stood inside, heartbreaking at the sight and yet frozen, not knowing what to do.

“Yoongishi, please come inside, it’s cold.” Hoseok moved to hold the other’s shoulders, freezing in shock when Yoongi flinched away form the touch, as if scarred.

The alpha’s stomach clenched painfully.

But before Hoseok could speak another word, the omega pushed him aside roughly, and ran inside, closing the door loudly. Hoseok ran up to the room, pounding on the door, as the worry inside him grew steadily.

Yoongi was crying again, and he didn’t know why.

Again.

“Yoongi-shi? What happened? Please tell me what happened? Yoongi-shi, please! Don’t cry. Please.”

After almost another hour of calling out with no response except the sobbing, Hoseok slumped against the door, exhausted.

Something was wrong, and Hoseok did not know what to do.

A tear slipped down the alpha’s face.

 

Hoseok wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter