Chapter 7

Black Rose

Hmmmm...the majority voted chanyeol. Did the "something burnt me" part give it away? Or was it the greyish blue hair? Are you all wrong and it's one of CBX instead? READ ON TO FIND OUT!!!

~

Damn, what's with all these hot people. Not that i am complaining though...


"Erm, uhhh, just Jae Young is fine." i shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably.


"Alright then, Jae Young." He said in his deep, and raspy voice.


"Wow, someone actually called me that willingly on the first time i tell them to..." I stared wide eyed at the gorgeous giant (WINKY WONKY) in front of me.
He let out a throaty laugh.


"Alright, i decided from now on we are gonna be the best of friends!" I grinned and hooked my arm around his.


I opened my bag and placed the petal in my bag.
"I like you already, Jae Young." He smiled back.


"My name is Chanyeol, but of course as my master, you can call me whatever you want." Chanyeol said.


"Alright then, Chanyeol, i am gonna call you Chan since Chanyeol is a long name."


We chatted and laughed together for a while until a thought came to my head.


"Channie, what is your element?" I asked curiously.
"Did you feel something when you first touched my petal?"


"A burn? Oh, are you a fire elemental? But if you are, why is there a bird on your petal though?" I attacked him with an onslaught of questions.


"Actually, I do control the fire element, but however, if you somehow unleash my full power, which up till now, only one Receiver had done so, my pet will come out." He explained patiently.


"Pet?"


"My pet Phoneix, i call him Flame." He grinned at the thought of Flame.


"PHOENIX? WOW! So, all of you have your own full powers? Like different people has different full powers, right?"


He nodded. The bell rang, signalling that it was time to go to my next class.


"See you later, Chan. I need to go to class." I waved and he saluted back before disappearing.


This time i had to report to a big training room, specifically for Martial Arts.


"Nice to see you again, Jae Young." Dokyeom said behind me.


"Likewise, how did you even get here?" 


"I can control wind. So, Jae Young, i am here because you have to take a few tests to see what category you are going to go in." He explained.


"Since there is no more space for Performing Arts, i am sorry but you will have to go for the Martial Arts Category."


He said, sending me an apologetic look.


"It's okay, i have two left feet anyway." I joked.
He cracked a small smile.


"But still, you will have to confirm what kind of Martial Arts you are joining.You can either go for Taekwondo, Judo, or Mixed Martial Arts(MMA)." 
"MMA is a combination of Taekwondo and Judo in our school. Sometimes, for special occasions, we perform Taekwon (Example, K-tigers). Of course, only the best go to the MMA category.So, now, all the best!" He shouted cheerily and shoved me into the door on our right.


It was a pitch black room and i was immediately on high alert. 


"JAE YOUNG, I FORGOT TO TELL YOU BUT YOU HAVE TO PUT ON THE GEAR!" I heard Dokyeom shouting from outside.


The light flickered on as I looked around my surroundings and found a set of blue protective gear and a set of uniform.


A head gear and a body gear... Taekwondo? The moment i finished fixing my head gear and removed my shoes, a loud battle cry can be heard as a girl in red gear came charging at me at full speed. I dodged swiftly as she tried to struck my head.(Three points for a hard kick to the head, Two for a spinning kick to the torso, one point for a kick or a punch to the torso.)


My leg shot out as quickly as she was recovering and it whacked the side of her head. I dropped into a defensive stance as she tried striking my head once again. My leg striked her torso before it being dodged. She saw an opportunity as i staggered a little, trying to find my lost balance. Her left leg hit my headgear hard. and i recovered instantly and scored another two points. She moved back from the impact and i took the chance to land yet another spinning kick to her torso. 


"Halt." a voice came from somewhere. (3 rounds in two minutes, the one will the highest score wins at the end. If tied, they will go into a 'death round', so they will battle until someone scores first.)


We both relaxed for a while as we straightened up our gear.


"Continue." the same voice said.
She scored three points immediately, with a spinning kick and a punch to my torso. I threw a punch at her torso but failed, it being blocked. She successfully landed a kick on my head, and i blindly striked her torso, scoring a couple of times.


"Halt."


I inhaled deeply, trying to shake off my exhaustion. I was one point ahead of her but i could tell that she must be at least a black belt.


"Continue."


She tried landing a spinning kick on my torso but i block it with my left arm, while punching hers with my right hand. She retracted her leg and did a roundhouse kick to my head. I fell harshly and she waited for me to get up. (you can't attack someone who is down.) I blocked a few more of her attacks and threw another punch at her torso. Sweat dripped down my forehead and I panted heavily. My opponent was in a similar state as we paced back and forth for a while, looking for weaknesses. As we begin charging at each other, the call for a halt can be heard. We froze and went to opposite ends on the mat before bowing to each other. The three rounds are over. A man opened the door and came in, holding a clipboard in his hand.
"Your scores are tied at twelve points each. Get ready for the death round." The man informed us before walking away and taking a seat at the bleachers.
"You may commence."
I blocked her kick and brought my leg up to land a blow on her torso. She dodged it and tried punching my torso. At that moment, her left side was left unguarded and i took the chance to strike her torso with my left leg. Almost at the same time, her punch hit home.
"Halt. Jeon Jae Young wins." The man came walking to us.


My opponent and I bowed at each other and shook hands.


"I am surprised that you are able to beat Bomi, Miss Jeon. Bomi is a third degree black belt in Taekwondo.(IRL its true as well.)" The man explained.


"I am also a third degree black belt in Taekwondo, Sir." (Third degree is the highest degree a 19 year old can reach. You have to be older for other degrees.)


Realisation dawned on him as his face lit up.
"Alright, you may have already known but you passed this test, please proceed to the next one."
I took off all of the Taekwondo gear and proceeded outside of the room. As i turned back, the both of them were already long gone. 

 

~

 

THANKS FOR SUBBING AND UPVOTING! PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! In all honesty, this is not a very good chapter...I wrote this at like 1am in the morning. Regardless, enjoy reading!

p.s. another poll at the bottom, vote please!

-Xin