The "Enemy"

Hotel Gamble

JINHWAN POV

After the coffee fiasco, Junhoe’s training has been progressing very smoothly and to be totally frank, I’m quite surprise how good he is considering how blunt and frank he is. I guess he is a natural hotelier like his Dad. However, what bothers me is his sudden shift of attitude towards me. Before he was very clingy to me but after BI stayed in the Hotel, he somewhat became a bit aloof.

“Hayyyyyyyys!” I sighed as I made my daily rounds around the Hotel.

“Waaaaahhhhh! That was deep. Hotel problem?” Donghyuk asked beside me and when I did not answer he decided to change the question. “Or, is it a LOVE problem?” he teased.

“W-w-what are you talking about!?  I am not even in love with him.” I answered defensively.

“Eehhhhhhh! But you always tell Chanwoo and I that Bin IS your soul mate and that he is the one.” he asked shockingly.

And that caught me off-guard. I thought he was talking about the young chairman. I totally forgot that my Bin is now here. Huh. What is happening to me?

“YAH! Kim Donghyuk! It is still office hours. Stop talking about personal stuff.” I tried to divert the conversation away from my love life because right now, Bin and I still have not made time to have a proper date after our reunion.

 

FLASHBACK

I was doing my normal routine when I receive a call from the Front desk. Apparently, a guest is requesting for my presence in his room. It was a rather fishy request but after the front desk informed me that the requestor was the representative from YG, I decided that it must be about the proposal…..and so imagine my shock when I discovered who the mystery guest that we have is. It was none other than my soul mate.

“B-b-binnie?” I stuttered in recognition.

“How have you been my fairy? I missed you.”

 


“Jinanie!”

I heard my name was being called and even without looking, I immediately recognized whose voice it is.

“Binnie-yah. Waeyo?” I asked.

“Have you had lunch already? “ Hanbin asked. By the way, he is also BI, you know, the representative of YGE and apparently, he is one of the company’s best producer. Small world right. He really is my soul mate.

“Not yet, still finishing the preps for the upcoming wedding this Sunday.” I informed him.

“Hmmmmm…. I can wait. Would you like to join me for lunch?” Hanbin invited me.

“I think I can handle the rest of the preps hyung.” Donghyuk butted in our conversation even before I can reject Hanbin’s offer.

Don’t get me wrong. I was very thrilled with Hanbin’s invitation for lunch but I always prioritize my work. After all I am a worry wart and as much as I want to spend time with my soul mate, I would not want this wedding to be a disaster especially since this is a mediatized wedding. Thinking about Donghyuk’s offer, I conceded and smiled at the pair of eyes that was eagerly waiting for my decision.

“Fine! IF you’re ok with handling it, then, please take this from my hands Dongdong.”

Upon hearing that, Hanbin jumped and cheered like a little kid pulling me to the restaurant of Hotel and all I can do is giggle like a teenage girl.

 


“Soooooo….How’s your lunch?” Donghyuk asked me as soon as I entered my office.

Of course I automatically blushed upon the question. I mean who will not….just look at my Binnie.

“It was lovely.” I answered dreamily. “He was a total gentleman. And a dork…but a very cute dork.”

“Well….I am happy that you are all inspired now because, I need you to check on to these.” The younger presented to me a file. Being a smarty he is, Donghyuk instantaneously explain what the file is. “This is the dream wedding of the bride. It was sent just today by the groom. He wants the preparation to be a surprise for the bride.”

“Ok. So we have a romantic prince wanting to amaze his princess. And?” I asked as I go over the file.

“She wants an afternoon garden wedding….Hyung. We don’t have a garden.”

“Ah garden huh...We actually do have one, only a few staff in fact has the knowledge of its existence. I’ll handle this one. We will have to talk to the caretaker of the garden first so this is actually a tricky one. This is basically can make or break the Hotel’s budding name.” I confirmed. “Any more details? That is not here?”

“They want….Kim Jinwoo to sing in wedding.” The younger informed me anxiously.

I was frozen for a second after hearing the name. To be truthful, I was kinda expecting this to occur anytime soon, but I guess I am still not as ready as I assume I will be. After being dazed, I smiled at Donghyuk.

“Huh...Kim Jinwoo. I guess we cannot delay this reunion any further huh?” I sighed loudly. “I was planning to postpone our meeting a little bit longer.”

“Well, I guess you cannot do that anymore, hyung. The sooner, the better. You cannot just hide from them. Because honestly, they probably know by now that you are here. Moreover, don’t you think it is better that you are meeting Jinwoo hyung first. Aren’t you two close?” Donghyuk said truthfully. “Remember, your name was used as a marketing strategy to bring this hotel back to life and media is their strongest hold”

As much as I hate to admit it, Donghyuk is right. Sooner or later I will have to face them. But I just don’t want to deal with it now. The conversation we just had just left a tensed atmosphere that unfortunately welcomed my visitor.

“Jinhwan. Bub? Are you busy?” asked by the lady who is now sitting in front of my desk.

“Chaerin Noona. No, it’s alright. I’m free. What’s the matter?”

“Are you aware that two of our staff was fired just now? “She began stating.

“MWO!!!!! No I am not aware! What happened? I never received nor approved any report about this.” I questioned astonishingly.

“Calm down bub. Well, apparently, Jimin Chajangnim’s friends are dining in the restaurant and decided to bully one of the waiters.” She narrated. “However, Raesung tried to help his friend but was also targeted. Until, Junhoe saw the commotion, decided to intervene, tension rose and the next thing we knew, there was a brawl.”

“A WHAT!!!! A BRAWL!!! And Junhoe is involved?!” I shouted as I hit my table harshly. “When did this happen? And where are the involved.” I asked angrily. ’THIS IS FRUSTRATING!’

“As I said puppet, only two of our staff are fired so the young CEO is safe as well as the guests involve who are in Jimin’s office.” Chaerin noona said nonchalantly. “So….what’s you plan?”

 “The right thing. Chaerin-shi. Please call back all the fired staff. I will be talking to them.” I ordered noona. “And you Donghyuk, come with me, we are going to check the CCTV to confirm what really happened.”

Chaerin noona just nodded to confirm that she understood my order, but before she reached the door she looked at me proudly. “You know puppet, you are just like your mom and by the way, Welcome back!”

 


TOK! TOK! TOK!

“Ah. Bujangnim. What brings you here?” Jungkook, Jimin’s secretary welcomed me.

“Ahhh. I already told you Kookie, no need to be all formal with me. I’m just here to see if Mr. Park is busy” I told the young secretary.

“Ehehe. Sorry Hyung, Just an act of habit I guess. And to answer your question, no, Chajangnim is actually inside with his friends. “

“That’s great then. I also need to talk to them. Can you bring me there?” I asked.

And with that, Jungkook led me to a mini conference room within the office of Jimin. To be totally frank, I really don’t get the reason why there should be such kind of room in his office. However, HE IS A PARK. So he probably felt he is entitled to such luxury. My line of thought however was cut by Jungkook who notified me that I can already enter the room.

“Mr. Park, I’m sorry for meeting you without any notice.” I apologized. “I was also informed you are with your friends.” I addressed the presence of his friends as I flash my ever present toothy smile and bow to them as a greeting.

“Ahhh, Bujangnim. No need to apologize. And besides, YOU ARE MY SUPERIOR. Right?” Jimin stated with a touch of sarcasm. Yes, I did catch that. I guess not everyone is happy about my arrival in this hotel. ‘Guess I hurt your ego for being a better option than him’. I smirked internally. “So, what brings you here Bujangnim? Do you need anything?” the younger continued. I then shook my head as I re-focus myself with the main purpose of my visit.

“Ahhh. Mr. Park, There is no need to call me that, Jinhwan is fine.” I replied calmly. “And as for the reason of my visit, I am actually here to deliver a message for your friends.” I uttered.

Jimin’s smile instantly evaporated upon hearing the purpose of my visit. ‘HEH! So he is aware of what had happened.’ I commented silently. I then decided to enter the room. We have been already talking for a time now but he did not even invite me in and so, I invited myself.

“You see Mr. Park; I received a report that there has been a commotion in the restaurant this afternoon. And it seems to be that the people involved are three of the waiters and these friends of yours.” I then glanced at his friends. Of course, his friends all looked unbothered as hell. ‘Wahhhh! Typical spoiled brats’. I really want to slap their arrogant faces but I need to maintain a certain amount of professionalism. “And being the General Manager of the Hotel, it is only right for me to ask the side of your friends.”

“There is no need for that Jinhwan. I already did that for you and already fired those rowdy waiters.” Jimin declared with so much pride. ‘Is he expecting an award for that?’ I thought.

“I see! Well then, since I know you are a busy man, I’ll make this quick. After reviewing the security cameras. ‘OMGOSH! Their expressions are priceless! How dumb to they think I am?’ I am here to inform your friends that effective today, they are banned from coming to the hotel for one whole week.” I announced lengthily. “As for the waiters that you fired, Mr. Park, they are reinstated back to their positions and were given also a one week suspension for causing disruption on the hotel’s operation.”

I could swear that Jimin can kill me right now. However, he cannot and so he opts to just clenched his wrist and stiffen his jaws. If I were to be my usual self,  I would laugh my heart out on how bad Jimin conceals his anger but, I am currently Kim Jinhwan the Hotelier so that’s a big no no.

“Also Mr. Park, I’m glad that you are aware about our work standing, and so, I would like to remind you, No changes within the Hotel should be done WITHOUT MY APPROVAL. I am pretty sure I point it out during my briefing with all of the Hotel Staff, but I guess you were too busy to attend that you did not get the memo. Next time, please make sure to attend such meetings so you’ll be up to date with the Hotel policies. That will be all. Gentlemen, Mr. Park. I must be on my way now.”

“Hyung, Is it really ok that you roasted Park Jimin? I mean, he is a Park. You know… biggest shareholder of the Hotel?” Donghyuk asked me full of concern. I totally get where he is coming from but I always follow my principle, and it never failed me so far.

“Dongdong, I only got two rules when I am working, One, the Guest is the number one priority. And two, a hotel will always are as good as its staff. He may be aPark but he IS still under my supervision, so I have to be fair to the rest of the employees, don't you think. Also tell me, did those staff did anything wrong?” I looked expectantly to my young secretary who instinctively shook his head. "Exactly."

“As much as I value our guest, I also value my staff. It is not right to punish a staff who is a victim right. Also, he already said so himself, I am his superior, he was already lucky enough I was being lenient to him.” I explained. “Anyhow, I will take my breather. All these commotion is making my head hurt. Call me if you need anything, Arraso?”

 


“Wahhhh! I must be a lucky guy huh…” I heard someone said as he approached me. I did not bother opening my eyes because by now I know who it was. So as a reply, I just smiled widely which made the person chuckle.

“So……Are you not curious as to why?” he insisted. By this time, I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the owner of the voice lovingly who’s dimples are very much visible. ‘GOSH! Can he stop being so adorable.’

“Why is that?” I asked with a fake curiosity as my smile grew even wider. ‘He’s about to say something cheesy, I bet.’

“I just wanted to visit the garden but I never thought I would also see a real life flower fairy here.”

I rolled my eyes but I cannot help but laugh at what this pabo. Gosh! How can he be charming and cheesy at the same time?

“I guess you picked the right hotel then, since this place is magical. Wahhhh. I wish I could also see that fairy. “I ride on with his childishness.

“I know. The fairy is really a sight to behold but I’m afraid the fairy is not as beautiful as before.”

“Wae???” I batted my eyes.

“The beautiful eyes of the fairy are somewhat……sad.” Hanbin looked at me as he smiled. “I hope my presence can make those eyes shine brighter again.”

“Mr. Yang.” I approached him, pulled him closer, and whispered in his ear, “That was so cheesy; I makes me want to puke!” After saying this, I laughed hysterically. You should have seen his face. For someone who is so manly, he really is so cute.

“Oh Come on! You’re such a tease. How can you do that to an admirer? Huh! And besides, you obviously loved my cheesy side. You’re just too scared to admit it.” Hanbin stated as he straighten himself beside me. “But kidding aside, I was glad to see that smile of yours.”

“Well, I am glad to know that you have a great memory, and it was you who found me here.” I countered as I laid my head on Hanbin’s shoulder. “Can we stay like this for awhile?” ‘I still cannot tell you my problem, please wait a little.’

“Take a long as you want princess.” He replied but slapped his arms playfully.

“Don’t call me princess.” I pouted. “I am a man you know.”

“I cannot call you princess but you’re fine being called fairy? You are a weird fellow, Kim Jinhwan. Geurae, whatever will make you feel better. I will be like a very handsome post just for you.” He then wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed the top of my head that made me sigh. I guess not everything is a mess.

Here. At least. I can temporarily forget everything. Just for a minute. I feel safe and loved.

 


NO ONES POV

“THAT ARROGANT, PROUD MIDGET!!!! THAT NOBODY!!!! THAT SON OF A B*TCH!!!! How dare he humiliate me in front of my friends?!” Jimin exclaimed as he is now fumingly angry with the new General Manager. He then loosens his necktie and threw the papers given by Jinhwan that contains a full report of the incident and the resolution done. “I DO NOT NEED TO CONSULT HIM!!! I AM A PARK AND HE HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT!”

“MWO!!!!! Attend the meeting so that I will know the Hotel Policy!? I know the freaking HOTEL POLICY!!!!! WE PRACTICALLY OWN THE HOTEL!!!!” he rants to no one in particular. “AND THAT TITLE THAT HE HAS!!!!! THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE!!!! I, PARK JIMIN SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE GENERAL MANAGER OF THIS GOD*AMN HOTEL!!!! NOT SOME POMPOUS TINY DWARF WHO FEEL LIKE HE IS THE KING OF THIS PLACE!!!”

On the other side of the room, Jungkook, his secretary, was dutifully picked up the scattered documents. He really was not surprise to see this state of his boss. However, he cannot also say that his superior did not do anything wrong, moreover, the new general manager was actually loved and respected my all the staff and employees of the hotel as he is very kind, just, and respectful even to those with lower ranks than him. For these reasons, Jungkook really cannot side with his boss.

Jimin, who is still very much irate then fished for his phone and called someone hurriedly.

“I want you to dig on every little dark secret that Kim Jinhwan has. The dirtier, the better. I want those as soon as possible.”

After saying this, he ended the call and looked over his window where you can see the beautiful skyline of Seoul.

“You picked the wrong opponent Mr. General Manager. No One can disgrace a PARK without getting burned into ashes. And I’m gonna make sure you will on your knees begging like a lowlife that you are!”

Just then.......

KKRRINGGGGG! KRINGGGGGGG!

“Sir, You are being requested by Uijangnim in his office.” Jungkook informed the other.

“Great! Coz my grandfather and I needs to talk about a lot of things.” Jimin slyly responded to the younger. “Let’s see who will have the last laugh Kim Jinhwan. And I will make sure that it will be me.”