First Meeting

Limbo World

"Arrghh!" Yoona almost fell down.

"Yoona!" Bora ran to her and helped her get up. "Are you alright? What happened?"

"I felt dizzy. I'm fine now."

"I would not ask you to teach the children dance if I knew this would happen. It seems like your body lack sugar. Did you eat anything this morning?"

"Yes, I did. I'll just rest for a bit. I'm feeling better, don't worry."

"Okay then. I have a strawberry cake in my bag. You can eat it if you want."

"It's okay, Bora-yah. I am fine." Yoona was touched to have a great friend like Bora. After all, they two were like sisters not bound by blood.

Yoona walked along the corridor to where the lockers were. Just then, she saw the man with moustache who always appeared in her dreams, nightmares, to be exact.

"Gosh!" She was taken aback.

"Who are you? Why are you disturbing me?" Yoona shouted at the familiar man.

"I'll tell you everything. Just come to the place I told you in the evening." He said, way too calmly.

At that moment, Yoona heard footsteps. She turned around to see who it was. She saw a staff. By the time she turned her head, the man was gone.

"Omo! What?! Is he a ghost?"

~~~~~~~~~

At noon in the school canteen,

Yoona and Bora were having lunch.

"What happened to you this morning?" Bora started the conversation.

"I don't know. I felt dizzy all of a sudden."

"You didn't have sound sleep last night, did you?"

"No..."

"Because of that man again? The man who appear in your dreams?" Bora and Yoona's aunt were the only ones who knew her condition.

Yoona just nodded. She was dead tired of having nightmares.

"Poor you......... By the way, a friend of mine invited me to her birthday party this evening. Come with me. I don't want to be alone."

"I don't want to come. In fact, I don't know your friend."

"You know her. It's Jiyeon."

"I really have to go somewhere else. I'll go to the movies with you next day. Deal?"

"Fine. Deal."

The bell rang, signing that break time was over. Both Yoona and Bora headed to their respective classes.

~~~~~~~~~

In the evening,

Bora was still working when Yoona went to see her.

"Are you still busy? It's okay. I'll get going now."

"Are you sure you are not going to the party? Do you really want to make me lonely?"

"I really have an important thing to do. Besides, it is your friend's birthday party that you are going, miss. You won't be lonely."

"I know, right?"

"........."

"Come on, Yoona. I'm just messing with you. Well, you should go now."

After saying goodbyes, Yoona headed to the Central Park. "The park is too big!! He should have told a specific place." Yoona grunted.

She was now standing near a pond. The water surface of the pond was shining under the rays of the setting sun. Sometimes, the speed of the wind would produce small waves. The breeze across the pond was fresh and cool indeed.

"What a peaceful place!" Yoona said to herself.

There were some people around, couples giggling and those who took their dogs for a walk. But there was no sight of him, the man Yoona had been itching to see, the man who literally reminded her to come there all day long.

Yoona looked at her watch. "It is only 5:15. Am I too late?"

Just then,

"Yoona! I have been waiting for you for quite a long time."

Yes, it was him. He was that man.

"You....you....." Yoona stepped backwards.... one step....... two step.....

"Don't take another step. You might fall into the pond." Well, he was right. Yoona would have been in the water by now if he had not stopped her.

"My name is Lee Byung Hun."

"Nae!"

Yoona watched Lee Byung Hun take out a yellowish scroll and unroll it on the ground.

"Are you sure you want to know everything?"

"Nae, arjussi. I'm dead sure."

"Even if your life will be in danger when you know all about this."

Yoona stopped to think for a while.

"Yes. If I can know about my parents, I will face everything."

"Well then. Step onto this scroll."

"If I do, what will happen?"

"You'll get to know everything you want to."

"Can't you just tell me?"

"If I tell you just like this, I'm 99.99999 percent sure you won't believe me."

Yoona stopped arguing and stepped onto the paper. It would not be wise to get onto the man's nerves. Suddenly, light came out from the scroll. The sky that was bright with the setting sun was gone.

 Instead, there were grey clouds and the environment became dark and gloomy. The pond was now a swamp. The couples and other people disappeared into the thin air.

"What did you do to them?" Yoona asked Lee Byung Hun angrily.

"I didn't do anything to them. I did..... to you."

"What?! Me?!"

~~~~~~~~~